• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tired of Life?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I do not think I think that way about people, most of my grief in life has been over loss of my cats, who I love more than any people... I am just nonchalant about people... They might be trustworthy but I am not that interested in real life interactions, as most of it is so superficial.

I can't even give in to loving animals anymore. I have 2 plants. A aloe plant, and an african violet. I might get more if I can keep these 2 alive, so far so good!

I agree with you about co-worker interactions and yes I find all other real life interactions as superficial and not worth my time usuallly.

atanu

Premium Member
I am. I am missing someone dearly even though he hurt me badly. Been totally lovesick. Lost my appetite, felt nauseous, the lot. Almost been on point of crying my eyes out. So all I can really say to him is,

Well done.

I have seen my daughter go through this twice and although I also cried silently for her, I couldn’t help.

But actually a shattering heartbreak is a momentous event that can reveal the infinite. When your mind is fully occupied with obsessions for one person (actually an object) and suddenly that object goes, you are left with grief and lurking beneath that grief is the infinite emptiness (or actually the fullness — the Self).

If you watch the grief, you are the seer and not the person grieving. And then the view opens up.

Ohh. I got carried away. I can never communicate this to my own daughter.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It is heartbreaking to lose an animal, but they love us unconditionally, and I do not care what some religious people say about animals not being able to love. :rolleyes:

I agree, I am a dog person btw. I just can't handle anymore loss. I will probably outlive any animal I get. I just don't want that attachment for it to then be ripped away from my hands. I'm a hopeless mess I know. :D

Enoch07

Premium Member
It is heartbreaking to lose an animal, but they love us unconditionally, and I do not care what some religious people say about animals not being able to love. :rolleyes:

Even though I just said I wouldn't do it. I have been thinking about it lately. Money has been tight due to all my medical bill's, but I have them under control now. So I think I can scrounge up an extra $200 or so to go to the local animal shelter and rescue and old mutt off death row. I don't know yet. My work schedule requires me to be away from home 50% of my daily life. So its gonna be tough to figure put how to do it on my own, if I decide to do it. We shall see. I think some unconditional love could do me some good. I haven't felt any since my last pet, and that was 18 years ago so, yeah maybe its time.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Even though I just said I wouldn't do it. I have been thinking about it lately. Money has been tight due to all my medical bill's, but I have them under control now. So I think I can scrounge up an extra $200 or so to go to the local animal shelter and rescue and old mutt off death row. I don't know yet. My work schedule required me to be away from home 50% of my daily life. So its gonna be tough to figure put how to do it on my own, if only decide to do it. We shall see. I think some unconditional love could do me some good. I haven't felt any since my last pet, and that was 18 years ago so, yeah maybe its time.
18 years is a long time but if it is meant to be it will be... :)
I think it makes a huge difference... We have 10 cats, which is a lot to manage, but they are the love of my life.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I am. I am missing someone dearly even though he hurt me badly. Been totally lovesick. Lost my appetite, felt nauseous, the lot. Almost been on point of crying my eyes out. So all I can really say to him is,

Well done.
Surround yourself with the other people in your life who love you (not romantic love). It's helped me in the past.

I wish you all the best!