• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tired of Life?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Tired of life?

Try falling in love with someone, then play an old favorite, worn out song while imagining how they themselves would hear it.

If that doesn’t work for you, you just might be doing it wrong. Double-check to see if you actually are in love with them. Sometimes that's the problem.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I am. I am missing someone dearly even though he hurt me badly. Been totally lovesick. Lost my appetite, felt nauseous, the lot. Almost been on point of crying my eyes out. So all I can really say to him is,

Well done.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am. I am missing someone dearly even though he hurt me badly. Been totally lovesick. Lost my appetite, felt nauseous, the lot. Almost been on point of crying my eyes out. So all I can really say to him is,

Well done.

I think a broken heart happens to nearly everyone sooner or later. It's hard to escape it in life, and the few people I've known who have escaped it tend to be less than empathetic with regards to others who haven't escaped it. So far as I know, the only thing that can be done in the end is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go on to bigger and better loves. Sooner or later that's what everyone who chooses to live a full and loving life does. Has to do.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tired of life?

Try falling in love with someone, then play an old favorite, worn out song while imagining how they themselves would hear it.

If that doesn’t work for you, you just might be doing it wrong. Double-check to see if you actually are in love with them. Sometimes that's the problem.
Maybe that's why the fatigue arises in the first place?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I've given up on love. I've been betrayed by everyone I ever loved. From my biological parents all the way to my adopted daughter. Honestly if there was a big red button to push to wipe out all of reality, I would push it without hesitation.

David1967

Premium Member

Well done.

It was difficult for me when my son experienced his first heartbreak due to him and his girlfriend breaking up. Brand New hurtful experience for him. I tried to encourage him that it gets better (and of course it did) but it's something we all have to go through. Doesnt make it any easier though. Rejection hurts.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Tired of life?

I do get tired of this life, but I do not think romantic love is the answer. I think that romantic love is overrated.... here today, gone tomorrow, and then we all do get older... I strive for agape love because it lasts forever. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think a broken heart happens to nearly everyone sooner or later.
Well maybe most people but not everyone. I have had two bosses who married their high school sweethearts and they are just as much in love now after 30 and 50 years as they were when they married...

Myself, I only fell in love once and we are still married after over 34 years, but we do not get along like my bosses do. Some people just seem to have all the luck. :rolleyes:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Tired of life?

Sadly, I don't think I care about anyone enough to go to those lengths.

...it could be I am slightly selfish.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It was difficult for me when my son experienced his first heartbreak due to him and his girlfriend breaking up. Brand New hurtful experience for him. I tried to encourage him that it gets better (and of course it did) but it's something we all have to go through. Doesnt make it any easier though. Rejection hurts.

What hurts even more is when your mother dies... at least for me.

...As the "baby" of the family, I came to the sudden realization that the person who loved me the most is no longer here to offer that love.

Nobody will ever love me as much as my mother did. Not even my children.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've given up on love. I've been betrayed by everyone I ever loved. From my biological parents all the way to my adopted daughter. Honestly if there was a big red button to push to wipe out all of reality, I would push it without hesitation.
I am sorry to hear that but I know how you feel. I have been hurt by most everyone so I do not put myself out there... I just happen to be married so I stay married... There is hurt there too but we try to work it out.

Mostly these days I get hurt by going back to a forum I should not post on... I hope I finally learned my lesson and this time it only took a week. The forum owner is hateful and mean and unjust but only towards me because of what I believe...

Nobody should hate people over beliefs. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of what they believe or disbelieve. I am treated with respect here so I have to think I must have gone back there because I subconsciously thought I deserved to be mistreated since I was mistreated as a child... But I knew consciously it was not right so this time I pulled out.

I do not hurt the same way I used to hurt, I do not really hurt at all, it was just a like a blip on the radar this time. I feel sorry for people like that who hate because they hurt themselves more than anyone else. But I cannot help people who cannot even see that they are ever wrong. I like to admit when I am wrong, but I won't admit when I am not wrong, because that is unjust, and it does nobody any favors. I have to stand up for what I think is right. Insults and discourtesy are never right.

PureX

Veteran Member
I do get tired of this life, but I do not think romantic love is the answer. I think that romantic love is overrated.... here today, gone tomorrow, and then we all do get older... I strive for agape love because it lasts forever.
This is my perspective as well. I don't know about it "lasting forever", but it helps give me gratitude and purpose, one day at a time.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nobody will ever love me as much as my mother did. Not even my children.
I missed my mother when she died, but sadly, I had never felt love from her. I think the only person who has ever really loved me is my husband, even though we bicker constantly... :(
We never had children so we only have each other.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I missed my mother when she died, but sadly, I had never felt love from her. I think the only person who has ever really loved me is my husband, even though we bicker constantly... :(
We never had children so we only have each other.

We do the bicker thing over here too. 20 + years of marriage will do that. :)

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Mostly these days I get hurt by going back to a forum I should not post on... I hope I finally learned my lesson and this time it only took a week. The forum owner is hateful and mean and unjust but only towards me because of what I believe...

I only get hurt when I allow someone to get close. So now I limit my physical interaction with other humans to 15-20 seconds, and then I walk away. Other than that I only interact on the internet, where I have 100% control over who can interact with me, or not.

Nobody should hate people over beliefs. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of what they believe or disbelieve. I am treated with respect here so I have to think I must have gone back there because I subconsciously thought I deserved to be mistreated since I was mistreated as a child... But I knew consciously it was not right so this time I pulled out.

I agree, but I have stopped allowing myself to be mistreated. It took along time but I learned my lesson finally.

I do not hurt the same way I used to hurt, I do not really hurt at all, it was just a like a blip on the radar this time. I feel sorry for people like that who hate because they hurt themselves more than anyone else. But I cannot help people who cannot even see that they are ever wrong. I like to admit when I am wrong, but I won't admit when I am not wrong, because that is unjust, and it does nobody any favors. I have to stand up for what I think is right. Insults and discourtesy are never right.

I've been through all the stages of grief. I don't hate anyone, anymore, and I've moved on. I don't wish harm on anyone for any reason. But I am done with everyone.
Each new person I meet, my first thought is "if you haven't betrayed me yet, you will eventually". So everyone stays at arms length, and that's just all there is to it.

There is only 1 rule in life. You can't trust anyone.

atanu

Premium Member
Tired of life?

I understood love late. In my understanding, till one realises the basis of all love, it will be the source of temporary elation followed by longish depression.

In Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, there is a dialogue between sage Yajnavalkya and his wife Maitreyi, whereupon the former explains:

My dear Maitreyee, know that a wife loves her husband not for his sake but for her own sake, for the sake of the Self. In loving him she loves the One who is both in her as well as in him. It is really this One whom she loves. Similarly it is so for the husband, and indeed, for all love relationships - father and son, mother and son, mother and daughter, father and daughter, friend and friend, and so on.”
Upanishads

PS: It seems to me that @Sunstone has fallen again.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I only get hurt when I allow someone to get close. So now I limit my physical interaction with other humans to 15-20 seconds, and then I walk away. Other than that I only interact on the internet, where I have 100% control over who can interact with me, or not.
That is kind of how I live, but I never thought about why. I am just an introvert so I do not like socializing, except on forums. At work, certain people want to talk to be so I have to be polite, and i do not mind, but would I trust them outside the office? I don't really know.
I agree, but I have stopped allowing myself to be mistreated. It took along time but I learned my lesson finally.
I sure hope this is the last time I go back to that forum, I should have known better, but I always give people second chances and thirds and fourths.... but enough is enough. It is a mostly atheist forum but that is not the reason it is so bad, it is because of the owner. All my atheist friends have left there because the owner and moderators are power hungry. I am so glad to be out of there.... again.... He will try to blame me but if people believe him then they are just as unjust as he is and they deserve each other.
I've been through all the stages of grief. I don't hate anyone, anymore, and I've moved on. I don't wish harm on anyone for any reason. But I am done with everyone.
Each new person I meet, my first thought is "if you haven't betrayed me yet, you will eventually". So everyone stays at arms length, and that's just all there is to it.
There is only 1 rule in life. You can't trust anyone.
I do not think I think that way about people, most of my grief in life has been over loss of my cats, who I love more than any people... I am just nonchalant about people... They might be trustworthy but I am not that interested in real life interactions, as most of it is so superficial.