• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips for not offending, scaring, or hurting good innocent people?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What are some mistakes you have made that you would like to share so that someone can avoid offending or hurting good innocent people?

I understand that there is a time where hurting and offending people is a good virtuous thing, but I want to make sure I'm only offending or hurting the right people, entities, or strongholds, for the right reasons, with the right motivations.

I never want to hurt or offend good innocent people under any circumstances, but tend to lack the common sense necessary to accomplish this task!

One example is someone told me he had just found out he had cancer, and my immediate response was to try and mention the miracle of modern medicine and how it helps people die comfortably.

Very lack of tact, but whenever I have an injury, or if I had a disease like that, my most consoling thought is precisely the medication prescriptions, as well as hope for something good on the other side.

Definitely not a wise thing to say to someone who just got cancer. I've made far worse mistakes though and cringe at how offensive I can be even with best of intentions, like trying to console someone who lost a relative for instance!

Any lessons you have learned on the journey that might assist an immature broken individual who doesn't want to offend or hurt feelings of good innocent people, is appreciated!

Maybe just something you experienced or witnessed , heard, or read some where is appreciated! Thanks! :)

Please pray for and bless me to never hurt or offend people unless it is for the greater good, the right reasons, and the right motives! God help us! :praying:

Mother Mary pray for us!:babyangel:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It sounds like you may need to learn to watch your tongue. Your intentions are good, but from what you say here, it sounds like the words may come flying out of your mouth before you really get a chance to pick out if they're the right ones or not.

Practice listening. Try to listen as intently to the person talking as you can. Wait for them to finish before you start talking. Look at any cues they might be giving you as to how they feel(some are more transparent with this than others). Then talk.

But be patient with yourself, too, as learning to communicate can be a difficult thing to do! A lifetime's work, at least.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What are some mistakes you have made that you would like to share so that someone can avoid offending or hurting good innocent people?

I understand that there is a time where hurting and offending people is a good virtuous thing, but I want to make sure I'm only offending or hurting the right people, entities, or strongholds, for the right reasons, with the right motivations.

I never want to hurt or offend good innocent people under any circumstances, but tend to lack the common sense necessary to accomplish this task!

One example is someone told me he had just found out he had cancer, and my immediate response was to try and mention the miracle of modern medicine and how it helps people die comfortably.

Very lack of tact, but whenever I have an injury, or if I had a disease like that, my most consoling thought is precisely the medication prescriptions, as well as hope for something good on the other side.

Definitely not a wise thing to say to someone who just got cancer. I've made far worse mistakes though and cringe at how offensive I can be even with best of intentions, like trying to console someone who lost a relative for instance!

Any lessons you have learned on the journey that might assist an immature broken individual who doesn't want to offend or hurt feelings of good innocent people, is appreciated!

Maybe just something you experienced or witnessed , heard, or read some where is appreciated! Thanks! :)

Please pray for and bless me to never hurt or offend people unless it is for the greater good, the right reasons, and the right motives! God help us! :praying:

Mother Mary pray for us!:babyangel:

Just think about what you are going to say rather than simply saying what comes into your head. It's difficult to change habits but quite quick. If you can just go a couple days thinking what to say next you'll find your old habit has gone. Those 2 days are all it takes to break a habit and i know you can do that, you've done far more getting yourself straight.