• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips for Honoring Set

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
As his popularity seems to be increasing significantly, I figured I would offer some tips based on my studies and experiences.
  • In the desert and/or under the night sky.

• Always facing north.

• Utilizing an image of the Big Dipper if not using the constellation directly.

• Red and black are his main colors.

• Copper and iron. Any type of meteoric rock.

• Set likes lettuce, meat and wine. Also bread and water of course. But its also unnecessary if you don't have the means.

• The older and less demonized the inspirations the better, this is why I go with the Pyramid Texts almost exclusively.

• Write out a little ritual or utterance to Set. I can't guide you on it, has to be from your heart. Or alternatively find some pyramid text verses that resonate with you. Or tweak the opening of the mouth ceremony to suit your needs.

• Take it out to an isolated area on a clear night (desert if one's near, otherwise anywhere isolated works). If you're not good with the stars grab a compass so you can find your way north. Bring some water or beer, some incense, and some lettuce.

• Once out of the city and in a good spot, use your compass to find the north stars and specifically the Big Dipper. You'll sit facing this for your ritual.

• In the dirt draw an Adze (which is the Dipper just with no "lid", Google it if not familiar).

• Use the "cup" of the drawn Adze as your altar, burning the incense in it next to the beer and lettuce.

• Recite your ritual/utterance/reading with whatever physical action you feel strengthens it (I just like to sit, some people scream, some people jump and dance around in ritual, you do you).

• Dump the beer out in the "cup" and leave it with the lettuce.

• MAKE SURE your incense is out completely before you leave and take the beer can or bottle home, don't start fires or litter.

• Wait and see how Set reacts.