• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times was created as an anchor

Mychael

Times was created as an anchor, and time is to prevent all things from happening at once. Time in its proper form is to test all things, when all things are given the test of time. When time is not given the chance to test all things, then it is at these times that most all things are likely to go astray.

dianaiad

Well, I think you are correct. Time WAS created to keep all things from happening at once. I wonder who said that? I mean, it sounds very familiar....so I went to 'quote investigator,' and found that it has been attributed to all sorts of people, from Mark Twain (he didn't say it) to Albert Einstein (he didn't say it either) to my favorite, a quote on the wall of a men's restroom:

Time exists so that everything
doesn’t happen at once.
Space exists so that it doesn’t
all happen to you.

Mostly it's attributed to Ray Cummings, a sci-fi writer of the early twentieth century.

I like it. Of course the question then arises: who created it? I mean, I think *I* know, but my opinion only counts with me. ;)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Times was created as an anchor, and time is to prevent all things from happening at once. Time in its proper form is to test all things, when all things are given the test of time. When time is not given the chance to test all things, then it is at these times that most all things are likely to go astray.
Since nothing can happen / change / move in the absence of time, it might be more accurate to say that the existence of time makes it possible for things to happen.
Time in its proper form is to test all things, when all things are given the test of time.
What exactly is time testing for?
When time is not given the chance to test all things, then it is at these times that most all things are likely to go astray.
You speak as though time were a sentient, purposeful entity. I can't think of any basis for that view.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Since nothing can happen / change / move in the absence of time, it might be more accurate to say that the existence of time makes it possible for things to happen.
OR, that time is a consequence of things happening (change). Everything stops changing and time ceases.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well.

I'd say times are -a- changing.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Or does entropy create time?

Mychael

Well, I think you are correct. Time WAS created to keep all things from happening at once. I wonder who said that? I mean, it sounds very familiar....so I went to 'quote investigator,' and found that it has been attributed to all sorts of people, from Mark Twain (he didn't say it) to Albert Einstein (he didn't say it either) to my favorite, a quote on the wall of a men's restroom:

Time exists so that everything
doesn’t happen at once.
Space exists so that it doesn’t
all happen to you.

Mostly it's attributed to Ray Cummings, a sci-fi writer of the early twentieth century.

I like it. Of course the question then arises: who created it? I mean, I think *I* know, but my opinion only counts with me. ;)
I came up with that quote myself and never read Cummings, But am amazed about the commonalities.

Mychael

What exactly is time testing for?
You speak as though time were a sentient, purposeful entity. I can't think of any basis for that view.

Time is for the testing and understanding of mankind's conscience consumption of The knowledge of what is good and what is bad in order to know for themselves instead of what they were told not to go beyond from their creator because it would create great hardships, sorrows and end their cycle of life.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Time is for the testing and understanding of mankind's conscience consumption of The knowledge of what is good and what is bad in order to know for themselves instead of what they were told not to go beyond from their creator because it would create great hardships, sorrows and end their cycle of life.
Do you base that statement on parts of the bible?

If so, what parts?

If not, on what?

Mychael

Do you base that statement on parts of the bible?

If so, what parts?

If not, on what?
Part of what I pray for or meditate on is to have the gift of discernment, the "Sofia" (he Wisdom) from what I Understand as God. What my mind senses goes through my heart first, that is where Man's God dwell in them. This is the source of all that I understand, am, do, teach or talk about. Then my conscience comes to the answers I have. Does that make sense to you?
Genesis in the Bible speaks this truth but because I studied more than the Bible I can pull that same truth from most ancient literature and from most all ancient cultures.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Part of what I pray for or meditate on is to have the gift of discernment, the "Sofia" (he Wisdom) from what I Understand as God. What my mind senses goes through my heart first, that is where Man's God dwell in them. This is the source of all that I understand, am, do, teach or talk about. Then my conscience comes to the answers I have. Does that make sense to you?
I accept that this is what you believe, because you say so.

My own view is that truth is a quality of statements, and that a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds with objective reality.

Much of the bible doesn't do that.

Mychael

I accept that this is what you believe, because you say so.

My own view is that truth is a quality of statements, and that a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds with objective reality.

Much of the bible doesn't do that.
That in my opinion Doesn't always come from reading the words but comes from the Holy Spirit, about getting the proper Spirit of meaning from the words.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That in my opinion Doesn't always come from reading the words but comes from the Holy Spirit, about getting the proper Spirit of meaning from the words.
Hmm.

I try to distinguish between truth and opinion, so I prefer an objective test for truth.

dianaiad

Hmm.

I try to distinguish between truth and opinion, so I prefer an objective test for truth.

ah.

Well, there's truth (fact) and TRUTH (which is not fact, but is, nonetheless, true). an objective test for fact is always the best choice. However, philosophical Truth (I use a capital T to distinguish between them) might not be something one can test for fact.

For instance. My dog had a bath yesterday, and a trim. As a result, he is factually neater and cleaner, smells better and the odds are that he's going to be a bit leery of me saying 'here, Dobby, come to Mommy" as I'm standing near a sink with running water. That's truth. Testable. Objective.

TRUTH is, he's beautiful. that's my Truth. Few others would agree with me. ;)

Mychael

Hmm.

Make the lessons and your understandings work for you.
Bruce Lee said its not daily increase but daily decrease, get rid of all that is useless and unessential.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ah.

Well, there's truth (fact) and TRUTH (which is not fact, but is, nonetheless, true). an objective test for fact is always the best choice. However, philosophical Truth (I use a capital T to distinguish between them) might not be something one can test for fact.
Indeed, in religion, 'truth' or 'Truth' is used that way, as the Jesus of John illustrates at John 14:6. Whether there was an historical Jesus and whether that historical Jesus ever said such a thing, are questions about truth.
For instance. My dog had a bath yesterday, and a trim. As a result, he is factually neater and cleaner, smells better and the odds are that he's going to be a bit leery of me saying 'here, Dobby, come to Mommy" as I'm standing near a sink with running water. That's truth. Testable. Objective.
As a dog person, I send warm regards to Dobby.
TRUTH is, he's beautiful. that's my Truth. Few others would agree with me. ;)
The thing about dogs is their wavelength with us humans after thousands of years of symbiosis. If you're on the right side of the dog, a thing of beauty indeed.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Make the lessons and your understandings work for you.
Bruce Lee said its not daily increase but daily decrease, get rid of all that is useless and unessential.
Bruce and I would have disagreed on what was essential and what was unessential and why.

I suspect the same of you and me.