• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to become silent, a time for reflection and observation.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In the last days, I found my self wondering why I have kept commenting on threads where I know hateful speech and thoughts are bound to arise. And yes I speak about the political thread, I would become a better pacifist if I could learn to stop returning comments and instead be silent :) That is what Pacifism is, to be silently observing but not take part in it. So I have failed on this for too long. My voice will be silent on the political and mundane threads from now, and in real life too. (is RF real life?)

I don't hate or dislike those who want to discuss politics or current events in the world, but I see there will never be a common ground to stand on. so you silenced me :) and that is ok, I take my case and rest my voice.

Maybe you think Amanaki went insaneo_O.
I can assure you that I have not gone insane hehe, I just found peace within, when it comes to how the world goes about fixing their problems, and its the opposite of how I would have done it, War to me is the lazy man's answer to how we fix peace on earth.

My future focus will be on the spiritual threads in this forum and in real life in Norway.

My voice does not go to the Political West or to the East.
My voice does not go to the Political North or to the South.
My voice goes to peace within each human being.
Life is to precious to take away by force.

Amanaki has become a silent warrior of peace.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Standing back is not a policy that leads to peace.
Those that stood back in Nazi Germany were the next in line.

The immorality of man to man has no bounds.
Whether you believe in god or not. the only active force in the world, for both good and bad, is through and by man on man.

If you stand to one side you still get burned. you add to the fire not reduce it.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
hateful speech
Namaste, thank you for being on the same page; I'm admin in chat rooms on Paltalk, and it is annoying that political debate lowers the tone, whereas spiritual development enlightens us all as individuals.

So many have had bad food for such a long time, they are failing to realize how it depresses us all at the same time...

We can not fix the external social politics, whilst we do not fix the issues within us.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Standing back is not a policy that leads to peace.
Those that stood back in Nazi Germany were the next in line.

The immorality of man to man has no bounds.
Whether you believe in god or not. the only active force in the world, for both good and bad, is through and by man on man.

If you stand to one side you still get burned. you add to the fire not reduce it.
I choose to be silent in mundane everyday cases as political and war issues. I do no longer take stand of one side or the other. I become neutral.
What others may do to each others is their choice

HonestJoe

In the last days, I found my self wondering why I have kept commenting on threads where I know hateful speech and thoughts are bound to arise. And yes I speak about the political thread, I would become a better pacifist if I could learn to stop returning comments and instead be silent :) That is what Pacifism is, to be silently observing but not take part in it. So I have failed on this for too long. My voice will be silent on the political and mundane threads from now, and in real life too. (is RF real life?)
You’re obviously free to make your own decisions but I’m not sure about that approach. Where a topic is always going to generate angry and hateful comments, other people posting calmer and rational responses can serve to dilute and lessen the impact of the negativity. Also, if we make calm and rational points, often contradicting all extremes in any given debate, it can lead people to a more balanced viewpoint. Though the immediately obvious reactions might be just more of the hate and anger, a lot more people read posts without responding and can be positively influenced by positive comments, even if we’re never aware of that effect.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I choose to be silent in mundane everyday cases as political and war issues. I do no longer take stand of one side or the other. I become neutral.
What others may do to each others is their choice

what makes you think that you are either war proof, bullet proof or bomb proof.
There are always more bystanders killed in wars than active forces.

There is no opt out from being killed.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
what makes you think that you are either war proof, bullet proof or bomb proof.
There are always more bystanders killed in wars than active forces.

There is no opt out from being killed.
I do not think i am bullet proof :) i just accept that if it is a bomb or bullet that take my life, that how i going to die. No need to hate those who should want to kill me.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I don't hate or dislike those who want to discuss politics or current events in the world, but I see there will never be a common ground to stand on. so you silenced me :) and that is ok, I take my case and rest my voice.

I can assure you that I have not gone insane hehe, I just found peace within, when it comes to how the world goes about fixing their problems, and its the opposite of how I would have done it, War to me is the lazy man's answer to how we fix peace on earth.

My future focus will be on the spiritual threads in this forum and in real life in Norway.

I understand and respect your decision. I also try (and fail) to stay out of political discussions. But war is not only political, it is also morally really bad. I need to support the peaceful voices and make clear that the warmongers are in the minority, lest they feel justified in their rage.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Sophie Scholl was a pacifist but she was certainly not silent. Silence is nothing but cowardice in matters of great moral weight.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Good luck with your journey as it seem a new and exciting door has been opened for you.

IMO, go with it, as I went through a somewhat similar venture that very much has made a difference in my life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do not think i am bullet proof :) i just accept that if it is a bomb or bullet that take my life, that how i going to die. No need to hate those who should want to kill me.
I think there's objection that if everyone
adopted your view, evil would win.
But few will become pacifists.
So this should worry no one.

Jeremiah Ames

I have learned, the hard way, like you, that it is futile to argue with certain people. The key is to be able to discern the character of the person you are conversing with. Those who live in darkness fear the light and hate the light.
Yet, you must not stop showing the light.
Just retreat from those that you perceive are in darkness. Tell them that they win, and then move on.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think there's objection that if everyone
adopted your view, evil would win.
But few will become pacifists.
So this should worry no one.
If everyone become someone without a wish to harm others, evil wins? How does that work :oops:
I dont say everyone should or even can be same as i become or doing my best to become :) I have many other faults you dont want to adobt :p But i working on removing all my faults and errors :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have learned, the hard way, like you, that it is futile to argue with certain people. The key is to be able to discern the character of the person you are conversing with. Those who live in darkness fear the light and hate the light.
Yet, you must not stop showing the light.
Just retreat from those that you perceive are in darkness. Tell them that they win, and then move on.
I have no thought of stepping out of the light or stop spreading the light of truth :) But my choice of becoming silent to those who do not wish to hear me or listen to me, so i will still speak of truth and other interesting topics. But politics are something i leave behind, because one can never find the truth i looking for within politics

Jeremiah Ames

I have no thought of stepping out of the light or stop spreading the light of truth :) But my choice of becoming silent to those who do not wish to hear me or listen to me, so i will still speak of truth and other interesting topics. But politics are something i leave behind, because one can never find the truth i looking for within politics
I’m with you.