• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Slips

Theweirdtophat

I wonder if anyone had such experiences or knew anyone who did. I find it kind of interesting especially since they aren't talked about as much as other paranormal stuff.

Time Slips seem to happen unexpectedly and often the person ends up walking back to the past. Although I haven't seen a case where they travel to the future. The sky and moon seem to play a part in it I believe as I don't think it's random, it just seems random because we don't understand it.

Like with other stories, I listen to what they have to say and I don't just dismiss all of them just because it sounds incredible. Some might do it for attention but knowing how many cases with these there are as well as UFO cases, I say there is definitely truth to some cases. What do you think?

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/11/cases-of-time-slips/

Theweirdtophat

Perhaps. It is an interesting thought. It does remind me of split time lines really. I wonder if by walking into the past, you make some sort of change in the past and walk back to the present, would things change in your timeline?

There are split timeline believers and linear timeline believers where linearists believe time is a straight line and a changed past will change the future. Where with a split timeline a change in the past doesn't change the future, but it creates a new future. Knowing how complicated the universe is, I always imagined it followed more of a split timeline. It's strange because there aren't too many cases where they walk into the future. It's mostly the past for some reason.

LittlePinky82

I have these moments where it's like a time lapse. It's like I'm in two places at once. It's so weird. One time during the summer I went a whole day where it felt like I was in two places at once. In the near future and the present it happened. It's the most strange thing ever.

Theweirdtophat

I wonder how one walks into the future or past, but I suspect it has something to do with the seasons, sky and moon. It may also explain beings like Bigfoot or The Pope Lick Monster, beings from other times or realms of reality that briefly show up, only to disappear again without a trace.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I wonder if some cases are residual hauntings. I know of one case where two modern people went into the basement of an old building a saw a civil war make-shift hospital operating. (Turns out this did happen in the building). Interesting thing is one of the doctors motioned to one of the modern women to come help this patient. Did that doctor see a ghost? Did he think he stepped into the future? Or did the two modern people step into the past?

Fascinating!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I wonder if anyone had such experiences or knew anyone who did. I find it kind of interesting especially since they aren't talked about as much as other paranormal stuff.

Time Slips seem to happen unexpectedly and often the person ends up walking back to the past. Although I haven't seen a case where they travel to the future. The sky and moon seem to play a part in it I believe as I don't think it's random, it just seems random because we don't understand it.

Like with other stories, I listen to what they have to say and I don't just dismiss all of them just because it sounds incredible. Some might do it for attention but knowing how many cases with these there are as well as UFO cases, I say there is definitely truth to some cases. What do you think?

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/11/cases-of-time-slips/
This = awesome. So interested now. Thanks for sharing.

HonestJoe

That all sounds like a whole load of unsupported assumptions, judging from the kind of information in the article you quoted. They just seem to be a set of unconnected recollections of odd incidents, nothing to tie them together, nothing to establish any kind of pattern or commonality.

Like with other stories, I listen to what they have to say and I don't just dismiss all of them just because it sounds incredible.
There is a difference between not dismissing them and automatically assuming a singular cause. There could clearly be mundane explanations for all of these stories, there could even be different “supernatural” explanations for them. Just putting them into a single category called “Time Slips” demonstrates presumptive bias from the outset though.

I say there is definitely truth to some cases.
I’m curious exactly what you mean when you say “truth” here. Obviously there is some kind of truth to everything but you seem to be expressing certainly about a particular subset of truth and it’s not entirely clear why.

rocala

@Theweirdtophat , This is very interesting, thanks for posting. It is certainly less well known than many other paranormal affairs.

I have only come across the subject once before. A TV documentary was made about two women visiting the French coast. From their hotel they heard shooting and explosions. From there they witnessed a replay of the Dieppe Raid of World War II.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I seem to recall a theory about natural landscapes somehow retaining memories of events played out there....? I'm not sure what it's called though.

Theweirdtophat

There are some cases where they walk into the future. but most seem to be walking into the past. Maybe there's some sort of celestial alignment or something with the sky that basically dissolves the barriers between two timelines briefly. I wonder as it'd be interesting but also concerning. They all seem to end up in their timeline for a little while but I would hope I wouldn't get stuck in the past or the future. Whatever changes they made with their presence, I wonder if that change changes the future in subtle ways or it just creates a new future. Guess it depends if you believe in a linear timeline or a split timeline.

Some scientists say time travel is all theoretically possible but can't be achieved at least with our current science supposedly. Perhaps there is another way. Glad people are interested in this as much as I am. :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here's a case to ponder, a teleportation through space rather than time:

In 1593 a Spanish Civil Guard on duty in Manila, Philippines, felt faint, leaned against a wall and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he found himself in the Plaza Mayor of Mexico City, > 14000 Km away.
He didn't know where he was or what had happened. At a loss, he attempted to continue his guard duties but was soon arrested on suspicion of witchcraft vs desertion. It was only a couple months later when a ship from the Philippines arrived that his story was confirmed.
The inquisitors judged him not to be in league with The Devil, but an innocent victim, and released him.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2013/11/14/gil-perez-a-strange-case-of-teleportation

Weird, eh?

rocala

Wow @Valjean I had forgotten all about that one. If I remember correctly he told the officials in Mexico about the death of a prominent person when the news had not at that point crossed the atlantic.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He'd been guarding the governor's palace. The Governor had been murdered. News took weeks or months to get to Spain or New Spain in those days.
In this case news of the assasination took only one day, but was not believed till official word arrived two months later.