• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time is important as money

JIMMY12345

Lots of people I meet are exhausted.Years ago Sundays were a religious and family day with supermarkets etc closed.Nowadays people do 2 peoples jobs.Inflation and the rising cost of living have no easy solution.Take Sri Lanka.This is the first domino to fall.No imported medicine food or petrol for transport.

One step might be for them to concentrate of food and medicines.Instead of cars take to cycles cargo bikes and horses.Low tech transport .The economic benefits of low tech might make people happier.Certainly curtailing cars will make them much healthily.
The answer might be no but would you consider a low tech lifestyle? and in what others ways

Orbit

I'm a planet
If I lived in a city that was walkable and/or had public transportation, I would be more than happy to go "low tech", but I live in a rural area where having a car is a necessity,

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If I lived in a city that was walkable and/or had public transportation, I would be more than happy to go "low tech", but I live in a rural area where having a car is a necessity,

^^^ THIS FOR ME TOO^^^​

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm lucky, I (or we) can manage without a car, although we do have one. Used mainly for carrying shopping, moving family and holidays.
We have a brilliant tram system with a tram every 6-minutes into Manchester and elsewhere.
Now I'm a pensioner I get a bus pass that gives me free buses and (for £10 a year) free buses and trains.
I walk to the nearest town, about a mile away.

JIMMY12345

^^^ THIS FOR ME TOO^^^​
Making ones own bread.Having chickens.Growing tasty vegetables ...well maybe not
Rumour is that the Sri Lankan PM has or is planning to exit the country by Navy or Plane.They should ask India or USA to trace the any possible millions that have been siphoned from the country into secret Swiss bank accounts or the like.Even if firm charge 10% getting 90% back is a good return.