• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time for an International currency?

JIMMY12345

"Dmitry Medvedev expressed Russia's desire for a new supranational reserve currency by showing of a coin minted with the words "unity in diversity".The coin an example of a future world currency.

We have a common metric system for Science and Technology.Why can't we have a common currency? The currency notes or coins could be stamped with the national emblem of each participating country.The Economist magazine used the hamburger as a ready reckoner of the buying value in different countries.You could readily compare the price of a house in Mumbai to New York to Nairobi.

Naturally USA etc would want the prestige of being the first (like going to the Moon)
Any takers?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"Dmitry Medvedev expressed Russia's desire for a new supranational reserve currency by showing of a coin minted with the words "unity in diversity".The coin an example of a future world currency.

We have a common metric system for Science and Technology.Why can't we have a common currency? The currency notes or coins could be stamped with the national emblem of each participating country.The Economist magazine used the hamburger as a ready reckoner of the buying value in different countries.You could readily compare the price of a house in Mumbai to New York to Nairobi.

Naturally USA etc would want the prestige of being the first (like going to the Moon)
Any takers?

Euro €

JIMMY12345

Euro?.Je ne sais pas.Probablement USA or China will introduce in the next 100 years. Euro is to fraught with potential "problement."
Certain countries were more than economical with the truth when they joined about their inventive book keeping. Add to the mix Some countries impose tight fiscal discipline. Others are less compliant

ChristineM

Premium Member
Euro?.Je ne sais pas.Probablement USA or China will introduce in the next 100 years. Euro is to fraught with potential "problement."
Certain countries were more than economical with the truth when they joined about their inventive book keeping. Add to the mix Some countries impose tight fiscal discipline. Others are less compliant

It works. It's had its problems but it's survived.

I would not expect any other attempt to be any leds problematic

JIMMY12345

It works. It's had its problems but it's survived.

I would not expect any other attempt to be any leds problematic
Short detour.Lots of countries are experiencing high inflation.Lots of countries have recently applied heavy quantitative easing.Is this at least partially the aftermath?
Lots will print money increase debt and postpone the inevitable.Meanwhile the cure aids the disease.What do the economists out there think?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Short detour.Lots of countries are experiencing high inflation.Lots of countries have recently applied heavy quantitative easing.Is this at least partially the aftermath?
Lots will print money increase debt and postpone the inevitable.Meanwhile the cure aids the disease.What do the economists out there think?

The thought is that Europe decides, not individual government. What is good for one may not be good for others and so is not implemented.