• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time ahead:

chinu

chinu
- is going to be very difficult for the whole world.

Just want to share with all of my RF friends -- that these are the vibrations am getting these days, thank you.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Just want to share with all of my RF friends -- that these are the vibrations am getting these days, thank you.
As one famous person said, "Sufficient are the problems of today without worrying about tomorrow". (Paraphrased)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

With fire, floods, hurricanes, Covid pandemic and who knows what else, it's already difficult.

God is turning the world right-side up (or use the formulation of your choice). I also identify the end of the maha Kali yuga (great dark age) and the beginning of the Sat yuga (golden age).

People have a choice whether to align themselves with this change or not.

pope.jpg

chinu

chinu
With fire, floods, hurricanes, Covid pandemic and who knows what else, it's already difficult.

God is turning the world right-side up (or use the formulation of your choice). I also identify the end of the maha Kali yuga (great dark age) and the beginning of the Sat yuga (golden age).

People have a choice whether to align themselves with this change or not.

View attachment 54388
:)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Life and difficulty seem to go hand in hand.
Just have to hope one makes the correct decisions to survive the events one finds themselves in.

I suppose one may get a little arrogant having survived everything so far.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

There is already suffering in lots of places. How much do we care about that? I rarely think about it as an adult, and I feel there's nothing I can do. If I am typical (and probably am) then yes the world will be getting worse.

On the other hand sometimes one or two people manage to make the world better. They surprise us. They can defy the odds.

Jeremiah Ames

Only, many of us ? Not all ? :)
Well, to tell the truth.

I think the world is getting better and better all the time.

There are times when things look grim, but looking back 20 years, it seems like overall things are better now.

Some things being worse, but much being better.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
One idea I've thought about is if God or gods not only exist but aren't deists, and hold the keys in their hands to whether things get better or worse... perhaps all this is a lesson that until we get along and demonstrate better teamwork, things may not get better. Or some other type of lesson, with us left to solve it.

It's just an idea, though. Yes, I'm thinking like a theist here.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You don't seem to be a Sidhu fan, Chinu. They are on a high. :)
(To other members: This is about politics of Indian Punjab)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well, to tell the truth.

I think the world is getting better and better all the time.

There are times when things look grim, but looking back 20 years, it seems like overall things are better now.

Some things being worse, but much being better.

I feel the same way. Try going back 50, 100, 300 years. The further back you go, the more brutal it gets.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
On the other hand sometimes one or two people manage to make the world better. They surprise us. They can defy the odds.

Chef José Andrés and his World Central Kitchen are an inspiration.

35-570-0f-16bb3b00a5329d24c817752631b1e178

WORLD CENTRAL KITCHEN USES THE POWER OF FOOD TO EMPOWER COMMUNITIES AND STRENGTHEN ECONOMIES.
Founded in 2010 by Chef José Andrés, World Central Kitchen (WCK) uses the power of food to heal and strengthen communities through times of crisis and beyond. WCK has transformed the field of disaster response to help devastated communities recover and establish resilient food systems. Since its founding, WCK has served over 18 million meals to those impacted by natural disasters and other crises around the world in countries including Albania, The Bahamas, Colombia, Guatemala, Haiti, Mexico, Mozambique, Spain, Venezuela, and the United States. Learn more at WCK.org.

New Orleans Loses Power After Hurricane Ida, World Central Kitchen Already on the Scene