• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thumbs Up: Court Rules the Old Rugged Cross Must Come Down

Skwim

Veteran Member
That cross was donated by the Latin to those who died in WW 1, but though it does have some Christianity back ground, But it would be rude and disrespectful to Latino to take that cross down and could signal discrimination against the Latinos.
Maybe your one that likes to discriminate against another Race of people.

All a person has to is put in their search engine government takes down old rugged cross
There you will find who donated it.and why.
So it didn't come about by people in this country, But from the Latinos.Because of those who died in WW1.

But you'll hear the 4th District Court of Appeals argue about discrimination, but finds nothing to discriminate against Latinos, That's very Rude and disrespectful towards another Race of people.

But you will hear how democrates are supposedly against discriminating, but thinks nothing about discriminating against Latinos.
What's up with all that?
You know who really put up the cross? People with two hands. And it would be rude and disrespectful to a due mani* people to take that cross down and could signal discrimination against the a due mani people.

Maybe your one that likes to discriminate against another appendage developed people.

All a person has to is put in their search engine government takes down old rugged cross
So it didn't come about by people in this country, But from the a due manis. Because of those who died in WW1.

But you'll hear the 4th District Court of Appeals argue about discrimination, but finds nothing to discriminate against a due mani people, That's very Rude and disrespectful towards another appendage developed of people.

But you will hear how democrates are supposedly against discriminating, but thinks nothing about discriminating against a due mani people.
What's up with all that?

* Italian for "two handed."

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Has anyone given it any thought as to where that cross came from and who donated it and for what reason.

That cross didn't come by people in this country, But was donated by Latinos for those who died during WW1.

Yes it has some significance to christianity, But the main point is, it was donated by the Latinos, It would be very Rude and disrespectful towards the Latinos and discriminating against the Race of Latinos.

That's why the up keep was on the Government, Because it was donated by Latinos in remembrance of all those who died during WW1.

But yet the Democratic party will say, we stand against all forms of discriminating.

But yet thinks nothing about discriminating against the Latinos.
What's up with all that.

Faithofchristian

You know who really put up the cross? People with two hands. And it would be rude and disrespectful to a due mani* people to take that cross down and could signal discrimination against the a due manis.

Maybe your one that likes to discriminate against another appendage developed people.

So it didn't come about by people in this country, But from the a due manis. Because of those who died in WW1.

But you'll hear the 4th District Court of Appeals argue about discrimination, but finds nothing to discriminate against a due manis, That's very Rude and disrespectful towards another appendage developed of people.

But you will hear how democrates are supposedly against discriminating, but thinks nothing about discriminating against a due manis.
What's up with all that?

You really show yourself as being a racist person against Latinos. Very disrespectful and Rude and discriminating against another Race.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Your consistent habit of referring to people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and non-Christians as "special interest fringe groups" and "snowflakes" coupled with your repeated appeals to majority rule strongly suggest you do not hold those groups in high regard.
Please quote where I said any non-Christian demographic is a special interest group.

I sure do wish you would get this point. Democracies and representative republics are designed to reflect the values of the majority especially where the values of the majority and the values of the minorities contradict each other.

If you could just accept that simple precept most of what you write would be unnecessary.

And as I mentioned earlier, our government was also set up to protect minorities from the tyranny of the majority. For example, everyone is supposed to receive equal treatment under the law, regardless of their minority or majority status.
Quote me any founding document that states what you did above. You can not produce a body of laws which reflect the values of everyone, nor should there be one. I do not want child molesters, murders, or rape gangs values accepted or accommodated by any nation.

I don't expect crosses to be erected in Saudi Arabia, stars of David to show up in Iran, nor should Crosses be torn down in the overwhelmingly Christian US.

When I pointed out that the framers of our government took steps to protect minority groups from the tyranny of the majority, your response was "That must explain why the person or bill that gets the least votes is accepted then". I concluded that you were either dodging the point or were ignorant of the history behind the concept. Given some of your other statements in this thread, I went with the latter.
Before I consider this idea of making the minority untouchable by the majority you need to post which amendments state what you keep referring to, but never producing.

Again, I suggest that before you attempt to debate a legal issue such as religious displays on public property, you actually take the time to read some of the relevant case history. At the very least, you should read the ruling in the specific case referenced in this thread.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...rcuit-says-towering-cross-shaped-monument.pdf
I know far more about religious symbols on public spaces than you suggest. In fact you have absolutely no idea how much I know, but arrogantly think you do anyway. How on Earth can you possibly know what I know about any subject.

1. Did you know there is a bible in the cornerstone of the Washington monument?
2. That there is scripture in the capitol building?
3. Statue of Moses on the supreme court building?
4. That both the House and Senate chambers prominently display "In God we trust" in their chambers?
5. The ten commandments can be found on over a half dozen public buildings in Washington?
6. Scripture at the Lincoln memorial?
7. 2 Huge bible's are on display at the library of congress?

As I originally stated. For the modern militant secularists to get Christian symbols whitewashed out of our capitol they would have to raise it all to the ground and rebuild it from scratch. But that is far harder than appointing Godless judges to re-interpret laws and principles laid down by our Christian founders.

BTW Jefferson contradicts your tyranny claims. He specifically feared the oligarchy you defend.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You really show yourself as being a racist person against Latinos. Very disrespectful and Rude and discriminating against another Race.
Obviously you're unfamiliar with our Constitution, particularly the first amendment.

I.. Congress shall make no provisions for the establishment of Jewish, Latino, or Christian memorials; or abridging the freedom of.speech, or of ....the..press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of.grievances.

Sorry, but in as much as the Latino memorial is on government property, it has to go. :shrug:

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That cross was donated by the Latin to those who died in WW 1, but though it does have some Christianity back ground, But it would be very rude and disrespectful to Latino to take that cross down and could signal discrimination against the Latinos.

So it didn't come about by people in this country, But from the Latinos.Because of those who died in WW1.

But you'll hear the 4th District Court of Appeals argue about discrimination, but finds nothing to discriminate against Latinos, That's very Rude and disrespectful towards another Race of people.

But you will hear how democrates are supposedly against discriminating, but thinks nothing about discriminating against Latinos.
What's up with all that?
What are you talking about?

"Latin cross" is a style of cross. It isn't a reference to Latinos.

Christian cross variants - Wikipedia

Skwim

Veteran Member
4. That both the House and Senate chambers prominently display "In God we trust" in their chambers?
5. The ten commandments can be found on over a half dozen public buildings in Washington?
Wasn't aware of all of them, but in as much as most recognize and even promote one specific religious belief they have no place on government property. Where's that jackhammers and dynamite, Jeb? We've got work to do if we're going to clean up this country.

Skwim

Veteran Member
What are you talking about?

"Latin cross" is a style of cross. It isn't a reference to Latinos.

Christian cross variants - Wikipedia

93245-9524e9ec89de40d9bf9d928130d2b3be.jpg
Shhh. Don't tell him. This is fun.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
That cross was donated by the Latin to those who died in WW 1, but though it does have some Christianity back ground, But it would be very rude and disrespectful to Latino to take that cross down and could signal discrimination against the Latinos.
Oh for the love of.....

Apparently you're thinking that the term "Latin cross" somehow refers to Latinos.

Here: EDUCATE YOURSELF

Faithofchristian

Obviously you're unfamiliar with our Constitution, particularly the first amendment.

I.. Congress shall make no provisions for the establishment of Jewish, Latino, or Christian memorials; or abridging the freedom of.speech, or of ....the..press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of.grievances.

Sorry, but in as much as the Latino memorial is on government property, it has to go. :shrug:

That's not the 1st Admendment to the Constitution
The 1st Admendment to the Constitution reads as follows -- "Congress shall not make no law Respecting an establishment of Religion or Prohibiting the free Exercise thereof"

Therefore that cross is Christians free Exercise thereof.

Maybe you need to go to your search engine and put in
1st Admendment to the Constitution

Then maybe when go to Quote the 1st Admendment to the Constitution you'll
Quote it the right way and add your words into it.
Not only this but also that was given by the Latinos to Remember those who died in
WW1, it's you who are discriminating against the Latinos.

Faithofchristian

Oh for the love of.....

Apparently you're thinking that the term "Latin cross" somehow refers to Latinos.

Here: EDUCATE YOURSELF

That cross was donated by the Latin to remember those who died in WW1.

That cross did not come People in this country, but by the country of Latin. To Remember those who died in WW1.

Therefore it would be very Rude and disrespectful and discriminating, to remove that was donated by Latinos.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Please quote where I said any non-Christian demographic is a special interest group.

HERE, when I noted that "for people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and non-Christians things have improved dramatically", you responded "So as long as the fringe's lot in life improves it does not matter that the morality in general has declined".

Later in the same post, in response to my question of whether or not "acknowledging the existence of people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and non-Christians immediately makes them "special interest groups"", you responded "When you impose what the fringe wants onto the majority, then the fringe is called a special interest groups."

Democracies and representative republics are designed to reflect the values of the majority especially where the values of the majority and the values of the minorities contradict each other.
In some cases yes, in other cases no.

Quote me any founding document that states what you did above.
14th Amendment to the Constitution, the Equal Protection Clause

Again and as noted previously, for someone who likes to spout off about founding documents and the Constitution, you sure seem to be fairly ignorant of them.

I don't expect crosses to be erected in Saudi Arabia, stars of David to show up in Iran, nor should Crosses be torn down in the overwhelmingly Christian US.
You're attempting to compare two theocracies to the US, which was deliberately set up to be a secular state (hence the wall of separation between church and state, prohibition against a state religion, and prohibition against religious tests for office).

Before I consider this idea of making the minority untouchable by the majority you need to post which amendments state what you keep referring to, but never producing.
First, no one said anything about minorities being "untouchable"; that is a straw man of your own making.

Second, you again show that the notion of a concept existing even though it's not explicitly stated (e.g., the separation of powers) is beyond you.

I know far more about religious symbols on public spaces than you suggest. In fact you have absolutely no idea how much I know, but arrogantly think you do anyway. How on Earth can you possibly know what I know about any subject.
Your posts in this thread strongly suggest otherwise.

Yes, and as I noted to you some time ago, you need to understand the concept of inclusivity versus exclusivity.

All I can do is point you in the direction of various court rulings that explain this concept. If you refuse to read them, I cannot do anything more.

As I originally stated. For the modern militant secularists to get Christian symbols whitewashed out of our capitol they would have to raise it all to the ground and rebuild it from scratch. But that is far harder than appointing Godless judges to re-interpret laws and principles laid down by our Christian founders.
Again, take the time to actually read up on this subject.

BTW Jefferson contradicts your tyranny claims. He specifically feared the oligarchy you defend.
Sorry, but that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men

That cross did not come People in this country, but by the country of Latin. To Remember those who died in WW1.

Therefore it would be very Rude and disrespectful and discriminating, to remove that was donated by Latinos.
*sigh*

From the ruling.....

"In 1918, some Prince George’s County citizens started raising money to construct a giant cross, in addition to a previously established plaque, to honor 49 World War I soldiers from the county. "

The only reference to anything "Latin" is to the "Latin cross", which as I showed you is merely a term that describes its shape. And there is no "country of Latin".

And with that, I will thank you for your time.

Skwim

Veteran Member
That's not the 1st Admendment to the Constitution
The 1st Admendment to the Constitution reads as follows -- "Congress shall not make no law Respecting an establishment of Religion or Prohibiting the free Exercise thereof"

Maybe you need to go to your search engine and put in
1st Admendment to the Constitution

Not only this but also that was given by the Latinos to Remember those who died in
Obviously my satire went over your head. :shrug: In any case, despite its irrelevancy, I am interested in your source for the cross being given by the Latinos to remember those who died in WW1? Watcha got?

Faithofchristian

*sigh*

From the ruling.....

"In 1918, some Prince George’s County citizens started raising money to construct a giant cross, in addition to a previously established plaque, to honor 49 World War I soldiers from the county. "

The only reference to anything "Latin" is to the "Latin cross", which as I showed you is merely a term that describes its shape. And there is no "country of Latin".

And with that, I will thank you for your time.

Are you sure about this, that there is no
"Country of Latin"

Maybe you should check things out before you say something.

Hispanic: A person of Latin American or lberian ancestry, Fluent in Spanish,.
It is Primarily used along the Eastern seaboad, Spanish, Portuguese.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the Ethnonym Hispanic or Latino, Latin, to refer to a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican.
South or Central American or other Spanish Culture or origin.

Therefore Latin, Latino. Are of Spanish, Mexican, Puerto Rican. Which are Countries

Skwim

Veteran Member
Are you sure about this, that there is no
"Country of Latin"
Hey, Look it up. Google it. Ask your teacher. Check with your sister.

Maybe you should check things out before you say something.
We don't have to, but suggest you do.

Hispanic: A person of Latin American or lberian ancestry, Fluent in Spanish,.
It is Primarily used along the Eastern seaboad, Spanish, Portuguese.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the Ethnonym Hispanic or Latino, Latin, to refer to a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican.

Therefore Latin, Latino. Are of Spanish, Mexican, Puerto Rican. Which are Countries
Hardly relevant, and as for your concocted assertion that

You might want to look at the facts:

PUBLISHED
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT
No. 15-2597

pages 4 - 6

In 1918, some Prince George’s County citizens started raising money to construct a giant cross, in addition to a previously established plaque, to honor 49 World War I soldiers from the county. The private organizers required each donor to sign a pledge sheet recognizing the existence of one god.

Local media described the proposed monument as a “mammoth cross, a likeness of the Cross of Calvary, as described in the Bible." In 1922, the private organizers ran out of money and could not finish the project. So, the Snyder-Farmer Post of the American Legion (the“Post”) assumed responsibility. At its initial fundraising drive, the Post had a Christian prayer-led invocation.

The Post ultimately completed the monument in 1925 and had Christian prayer services at the dedication ceremony, during which only Christian chaplains took part. No other religions were represented. Over the years, memorial services continued to occur on a regular basis at the Cross, and those services often included prayer at invocations and benedictions, and speaker-led prayers. Sunday worship services have at times been held at the Cross. Nothing in the record indicates that any of these services represented any faith other than Christianity.

In the majority’s view, the Memorial is unconstitutional based predominantly on the size of the cross, and neither its secular features nor history could overcome the presumption. [p42]

The majority states that the large size and isolation of the Memorial “evokes a message of aggrandizement and universalization of religion, and not the message of individual memorialization and remembrance that is presented by a field of gravestones.” [p44]
source

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
A moment ago you were saying that the cross had nothing to do with Christianity.

The cross wasn't put up by "Latinos", it was put it by the American Legion.

SOURCE: Peace Cross

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

A moment ago you were saying that the cross had nothing to do with Christianity.

The cross wasn't put up by "Latinos", it was put it by the American Legion.

SOURCE: Search Results for “CROSS” – Town of Bladensburg

That was before I did further investigation on the subject.and found the cross was donated by Latinos for the purpose of Remembering those who died during
WW1,
No more than the statute of Liberty was donated by the French Government.

Where as the cross was donated by Latin =Hispanic a person of Latin American, fluent in Spanish.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the Ethnonym Hispanic or Latin to refer to a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican,

Therefore the cross was donated by Latinos to honour those who died during WW1. And then the American legion put it up, to show Respect to the Latinos for their donating the cross to honour those who died during WW1.

But you like the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals are nothing more than Racist against Latinos.
The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, thought they could pull a fast one over on people. But got caught in their Racism towards Latinos.But then that's the democrates for Ya.
And the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals is made up of democrates.