• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thrown together

King Phenomenon

BFD7E68B-1E2F-4B2D-8AE1-03069C4F144F.png
If Neanderthals were around today how would that work out? I have a sneaky suspicion that all wouldn’t go well.

Last edited:

epronovost

Well, last time we met we did participate in their extinction the first time around, I doubt our relationship would improve much.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Well, last time we met we did participate in their extinction the first time around, I doubt our relationship would improve much.

Afaik there is no evidence of Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens having had any extensive in-fighting. We either hunted off their game, or introduced virulent diseases (probably both).

In other news. Having Neanderthal genes may impact ones susceptibility for severe COVID (also both ways).
Neanderthal genes may influence COVID-19 severity

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
View attachment 50405 If Neanderthals were around today how would that work out? I have a sneaky suspicion that all wouldn’t go well.

I don't think there would be gang warfare, it seems that in my area at least, Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon shared the same home for a short period at La Roque St Christophe.

Also remember today they would have evolved just as humans have evolved.

PureX

Veteran Member
I suspect they were assimilated more than 'killed off'. So they are still around. I feel I've met a number of them over the years. :)