• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback mini consoles.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So I have to assume there was large success with the Atari, Sega, NES and SNES mini consoles, given they kept churning them out each year/month.
Do you think a mini N64 is going to be in the works? Because that's just my natural conclusion.
Do you have any of the mini consoles?
I have a SNES mini. Love it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So I have to assume there was large success with the Atari, Sega, NES and SNES mini consoles, given they kept churning them out each year/month.
Do you think a mini N64 is going to be in the works? Because that's just my natural conclusion.
Do you have any of the mini consoles?
I have a SNES mini. Love it.
They might be all right. But if it doesn't have an emulator/port for my actual games to put in and play as well, I see no point in buying it at least for those who still have the games themselves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They might be all right. But if it doesn't have an emulator/port for my actual games to put in and play as well, I see no point in buying it at least for those who still have the games themselves.

The entire NES library combined is only 237 MB, which easily fits on a single micro SD card. No need for the original cartridges unless you have also have an original system and/or are a collector.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Fair enough. For millenials like myself who don't have the originals or still have older working copies it's a very convenient way to play the games of our ancestors :D
There's rumours of a sort of N64 vs PS1 round two in the mini sphere, if you will. I think that could be interesting just to see how sales stack up against each other.