• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Stages of Divinity

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

This is where I'm here to basically give you guys some of the basics of the Occult. These are the steps which are the keys to Spiritual Initiation.

#1: Worshiping God
A literalist, exoteric interpretation of the sacred texts of religion. One connects through mainly praying to God.

#2: Knowing God
A manifestation of Step 1, in which one decides to look at other religions, or sticks to the religion they were raised in, for spiritual fullness. This gives way to direct experience with God, in which in turn one gains hidden gnosis (knowledge), as in the secret(s) interpretation of a religious text.

#3: Becoming God
A manifestation of Step 2, in which one realizes that the power of God is within, and that he/she needs to implement that power to become God. This is done mainly by breaking from the confines of religion in general, where one practices the supreme Integral Yoga (using any method to gain enlightenment).

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A question for you - given the breadth of "the occult" I'm curious specifically which occult tradition these ideas are stemming from. Do you know?

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

A question for you - given the breadth of "the occult" I'm curious specifically which occult tradition these ideas are stemming from. Do you know?

I try to do my best to look at all things - to expand my horizon and depth of knowledge. Right now at this moment I'm looking at Mandaeanism.\

So far, I've looked at:

Kabbalah
Sufism
Moorish Science
5% 120 Lessons
Gnosticism
Luciferianism
Zen & Tibetan Buddhism
A bit of Nuwaubian stuff such as the 9 Ether

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hah... I'm not sure I'd consider all of those particularly occult, but occult is a bit of a nebulous descriptor anyway, isn't it? Thanks for clarifying.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

Hah... I'm not sure I'd consider all of those particularly occult, but occult is a bit of a nebulous descriptor anyway, isn't it? Thanks for clarifying.

Well everyone has a different version of what Occult means. For me, it just means to discover oneself, since Occult is Latin for "hidden". ;)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is where I'm here to basically give you guys some of the basics of the Occult. These are the steps which are the keys to Spiritual Initiation.

#1: Worshiping God
A literalist, exoteric interpretation of the sacred texts of religion. One connects through mainly praying to God.

#2: Knowing God
A manifestation of Step 1, in which one decides to look at other religions, or sticks to the religion they were raised in, for spiritual fullness. This gives way to direct experience with God, in which in turn one gains hidden gnosis (knowledge), as in the secret(s) interpretation of a religious text.

#3: Becoming God
A manifestation of Step 2, in which one realizes that the power of God is within, and that he/she needs to implement that power to become God. This is done mainly by breaking from the confines of religion in general, where one practices the supreme Integral Yoga (using any method to gain enlightenment).
Welcome to RF your Infinitude!

You left out Step Four and the rest...

#4: Beyond God
The point wherein the individual realizes they no longer need the previous scaffolding and recognize reality as the Art of Idea Construction.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

Welcome to RF your Infinitude!

You left out Step Four and the rest...

#4: Beyond God
The point wherein the individual realizes they no longer need the previous scaffolding and recognize reality as the Art of Idea Construction.

You know something, I have thought about that idea before. You know what, I'll add it to there as part of my metaphysics. Thanks!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I like to keep things simpler rather than presuming any sort of... judgmental hierarchical chain of being. Do what you want, be who you are, and adapt as needed.