• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three sides to a 'debate'.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That's also called 'Wishy-Washy'.
The World is full of wishy-washies, it's true, the fence-sitters who let things grow and grow and grow until it's too late.
If "Law of Karma" is true (applies to worldly stuff), then even this is meant to be.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It goes without saying, but you even said it (at least that is how I read your words), by how you used the first "maybe".
When the mind isn't glued to dogma, it's free to wander, to change its mind, to evaluate.

Last edited:

stvdv

When the mind isn't glued to dogma, it's free to wander, to change it's mind, to evaluate.
Very true in my experience

The less 'I' am attached to worldly things, the less 'unproductive thoughts' appear (less mind); this even enhances creativity in my experience.
Dogma holds creativity back 'big time'. So I see Jesus' advice "do not judge" as a valuable instruction in spiritual life, to become really free.

As far as I recall, Jesus never said "Do not judge except for Christians; they can/should go around and judge other (non) Religions as being inferior".

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Very true in my experience

The less 'I' am attached to worldly things, the less 'unproductive thoughts' appear (less mind); this even enhances creativity in my experience.
Dogma holds creativity back 'big time'. So I see Jesus' advice "do not judge" as a valuable instruction in spiritual life, to become really free.

As far as I recall, Jesus never said "Do not judge except for Christians; they can/should go around and judge other (non) Religions as being inferior".

When there is no emotion involved it's clearer as emotion distorts the ability to observe.

stvdv

When there is no emotion involved it's clearer as emotion distorts the ability to observe.
Yes, emotions do have this "glue" tendency you mentioned in an earlier post.
To me the trick is to also "observe my emotions", try to not let them grow sticky.

Twenty years ago I complained to God (in my mind) ... "I feel no Love"
The immediate response I got was "Love your feeling"
The first thought popping up was "I feel **** all the time"
Oeps, I realized that first I have to embrace (stop suppressing) the emotion "feeling **** all the time"
Before I can let go (transcend) this emotion

This "no emotion involved" makes it a purer observation, only works if "emotions are transcended"
Nowadays many people suppress emotions, some kids become zombie like (glued to video games)
In those cases I think it distorts ability to observe even more than having emotions flying around

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You forgot to mention Side 4 called Person D says I can see strengths and weaknesses to both A, and B, so finds agreement with both.

You can still pick 1 and 2 while maintaining strengths of both sides. Instead of picking two opposing answers as one as truths, which is a confusing contradiction, pick one and learn from both.

Why does picking a choice exclude the value of both?

Duality is only an issue when either party doesn't respect the others choice.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Can you imagine if we didn't pick a side we would all be Hindu, Baha'i, Christian, Wiccan, and who knows what.

Neutral, eclectic, syncretic.

If I asked what religion you guys are, I'd be confused.

What's wrong with picking a side?

If we say black or white, that's what we mean. Not grey. Not stripped. That doesn't depreciate the other. You can still learn from both or accept each other's "path" to the other option but that doesn't mean grey.