• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three scriptural reasons Barack Obama is the Beast

Muffled

Jesus in me
All thru scripture the bible says a generation is 40 years. It was 40 years after the crucifixion that the 'temple was destroyed.

Do you think Jesus was writing to people 2000 years in the future or to his followers in the first century? The7 churches were real.. or you could call them assembles r cngregation

I believe a generation is 70 years. I am 77 and my generation still exists.

sooda

Veteran Member
``THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS AWAY''
graceandknowledge.faithweb.com/matt2434.html
Dec 28, 2003 · ``THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS AWAY''. J ust a few days before His death, Jesus delivered to His disciples a prophecy concerning the series of calamities that would befall Jerusalem and the world at the time when the Temple would be destroyed and this present world would end. This prophecy, known as the Olivet Discourse because Jesus delivered...

Matt 24:24- Amen I say to you, this generation shall NOT pass away until these things have been done.

Generation
is understood to be 40 years in Jewish tradition. Jesus was in 3rd year of his ministry putting this at about 30AD- 40 years will put this at 70AD when Nero was persecuting Christians and the Romans destroy the temple in Jerusalem.

sooda

Veteran Member
I have never heard anyone mention Schofield or his commentary but the Pastor does mention that he doesn't care for the translation. I believe it is adequate for most things.

Christians flee tribulatons all the time. My ancestors fled England going to Holland because of institutional church persecution. They fled Holland to the New World because they couldn't stand the liberal beliefs in Holland. Then they faced tribulation from the elements.
After that they were troubled by the Quakers (nonconformists) in their midst.

My ancestors fled England to Holland pretty early too.. War of the Roses.. Later they worked for the Dutch West Indies Company and settled in New Amsterdam before 1625 by way of Brazil. We may be distant cousins. They hated the English so that when it became New York they left for Bergen County and Virginia..

But that's not like the terrible 42 month tribulation ending in 70 AD.