• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three scriptural reasons Barack Obama is the Beast

Muffled

Jesus in me
The new Jerusalem is a spiritual kingdom. Perhaps Jesus has already returned at least in spirit..

It was never about the end of the world.. It was always about the end of an age and a new beginning.

Temple Judaism with its animal sacrifice was antiquated and fading fast.

Look at the conflict among the various factions of the Jews and what happened in the previous 200 years before the destruction of the Temple.

Any keen observer could have seen where this was headed by 165 BC. This prophesy wasn't magical future-telling.

I believe you have to ignore or misinterpret a lot of scripture to believe that and I think you are fully capable.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe you have to ignore or misinterpret a lot of scripture to believe that and I think you are fully capable.

You have to ignore the first couple of verses in Revelation when Jesus says it will happen within a generation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe I can guarantee that it wasn't Jesus who made the error.
I won't go that far as he asked questions. At one point he says that he doesn't know when the end-of-times will be and that only the Father would know, which should tell us that he wasn't omniscient.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
What does "old money" have to do with it? I have been to the Holy Lands three times on cheap Sunday school sponsored trips... and I have been to Crete for a couple of weeks. Maybe you should start with a map.

Greeks had a presence in Palestine for at least 300 years.. so did the Romans so there are all sorts of old villas and mosaics all over the country.

Not everyone was born in churchy surroundings... and since they get their mammon from the peer-pressurized donation-plate... both apply to you. If churches rendered to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, a whole lot of false shepherds (i.o.w., any pastor who isn't Jesus) would be working used car lots.

Not all maps are created equal, either.
Try these:
Ancient Trade Routes from the Cities of the Medes; Godbey, Lost Tribes A Myth
Old World Connections – Across Asian Continent – Kobe Peace Research Institute
I got the name of the map from this video:
And went on to find this:
yemen-falasha-beber-moorish-negro-jews-pg-257-2-1.jpg
It's sorta funny that they mispelled the name Berber, since the Berbers are the Red Men of Crete and Palestine and Egypt, not the Black Men of Ethiopia. And of course, Godbey also shows us that the Phoenicians is a... er... phoney construct, which I have known for decades.

As you might surmise from the above (and below), Who's Who desperately matters.

Generations of Noah - Wikipedia
"1823 map by Robert Wilkinson (see also 1797 version here). Prior to the mid-19th century, Shem was associated with all of Asia, Ham with all of Africa and Japheth with all of Europe."
________________On the same page:
"This T and O map, from the first printed version of Isidore's Etymologiae, identifies the three known continents as populated by descendants of Sem (Shem), Cham (Ham) and Iafeth (Japheth)."

And Godbey did the research, proving that Jewish indeed is Asia... he defines Jewish as eternally separate from the north. In fact, if you want to do a bit of research for yourself... you can search for words in googlebooks copy of Lost Tribes A Myth... and find out why the book is so rare. Inconvenient history is generally hidden for a reason... in this case, several. Bon apetite!

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
You have to ignore the first couple of verses in Revelation when Jesus says it will happen within a generation.

Jesus isn't wrong, you are.
A generation is the Greek genea... meaning, a genetic type.
Instead of thinking that God might be wrong, why not assume you are? and go from there.

sooda

Veteran Member
Instead of thinking that God might be wrong, why not assume you are? and go from there.

All thru scripture the bible says a generation is 40 years. It was 40 years after the crucifixion that the 'temple was destroyed.

Do you think Jesus was writing to people 2000 years in the future or to his followers in the first century? The7 churches were real.. or you could call them assembles r cngregation

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
All thru scripture the bible says a generation is 40 years. It was 40 years after the crucifixion that the 'temple was destroyed.

Do you think Jesus was writing to people 2000 years in the future or to his followers in the first century? The7 churches were real.. or you could call them assembles r cngregation

The Greek says generation means genetics, in this case.
"assemblies or congregations"... I call the 7 Churches in Ionian Asia.

J8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto Him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
J4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Revelation tells us who the letter was addressed to and when it would happen.

I believe that is incorrect.

Rev:1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants

I believe I am one of His servants and there has been no Jesus in the sky riding a white horse yet. Also this has not occurred yet:
Rev 16:16 And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe that is incorrect.

Rev:1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants

I believe I am one of His servants and there has been no Jesus in the sky riding a white horse yet. Also this has not occurred yet:
Rev 16:16 And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Does your Church use the Scofield Bible?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The tribulation was a local event and was over in 70 AD.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

I believe until Jesus comes we will have trouble in this world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That would be Scofield.. Dallas Theological Seminary and Moody Institute were originals.

You know.. the Christians fled to Pella to avoid the tribulation.

https://www.preteristarchive.com/christian-flight-to-pella-study-archive/

I have never heard anyone mention Schofield or his commentary but the Pastor does mention that he doesn't care for the translation. I believe it is adequate for most things.

Christians flee tribulatons all the time. My ancestors fled England going to Holland because of institutional church persecution. They fled Holland to the New World because they couldn't stand the liberal beliefs in Holland. Then they faced tribulation from the elements.
After that they were troubled by the Quakers (nonconformists) in their midst.

sooda

Veteran Member

A generation is 40 years.

I didn't say God was wrong.. I said the people who are futurists and Cyrus Scofield devotees are wrong.

Oxford Comes Into Focus - Cyrus I. Scofield Subverts the ...
https://abeldanger.blogspot.com/2011/02/oxford-comes-into-focus-cyrus-i.html
Among more traditional churches that encourage, and in some cases recommend, the use of the Scofield Reference Bible is the huge Southern Baptist Convention of America, whose capture is World Zionism's crowning achievement. (Our report on Southern Baptist Zionism, entitled "The Cause of the Conflict: Fixing Blame.")

Muffled

Jesus in me
I won't go that far as he asked questions. At one point he says that he doesn't know when the end-of-times will be and that only the Father would know, which should tell us that he wasn't omniscient.

I believe I see that one often. There is a difference between knowing something and knowing by experiencing it. The scientists say the earth has 50,000,000 years to go and by then God might no longer need to be in Jesus to experience it.