• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Questions People Would Like to Ask God

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
1 “WHY DO YOU ALLOW SUFFERING?”
Why ask that question?

‘A loving God would prevent life’s tragedies,’ many conclude.

TO THINK ABOUT: We might find the habits and customs of people from another culture to be strange—perhaps even shocking. We could easily misinterpret their actions. For example, in one culture people feel that maintaining eye contact is a sign of sincerity; in another they see it as a sign of disrespect. Yet even in such cases, there would be no reason to say that they are wrong. Instead, we just need to get to know them better.

Could something similar happen when it comes to understanding God? Many believe that the presence of suffering proves that God does not exist. Others, though, who have come to understand why God has allowed suffering, are confident that he does exist.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS: God’s thoughts and ways are different from ours. (Isaiah 55:8, 9) Because of that, his actions, as well as his reasons for waiting before he acts, may at first seem strange to us.

Still, the Bible does not ask us to accept such hollow expressions as “God works in mysterious ways.” Instead, it encourages us to learn more about God, helping us to understand why and when he acts as he does.* We can even draw close to him.—James 4:8.

2 “WHY IS RELIGION FULL OF HYPOCRISY?”
Why ask that question?

‘If God appreciated sincerity,’ some might reason, ‘there wouldn’t be so much pretense among those who claim to worship him.’

TO THINK ABOUT: Imagine a son who rejects his father’s fine upbringing and leaves home to lead a corrupt life. Although the father does not approve, he allows his son to make that choice. Could those who later meet the son rightfully conclude that he had a bad father or even that he had no father at all? Of course not! Likewise, hypocrisy in religion only proves that God allows people to choose their own path in life.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS: God hates religious hypocrisy. (Jeremiah 7:29-31; 32:35) At the same time, he allows people to exercise free will. Many who claim to believe in God choose to follow man-made religious teachings and their own brand of morality.—Matthew 15:7-9.

In contrast, religion that God approves is not hypocritical.*Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) This love must be “without hypocrisy.” (Romans 12:9) Most religions have failed to live up to that standard. During the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, for example, tens of thousands of religious people slaughtered members of their own faith, simply because those people were of a different tribe. In contrast, Jehovah’s Witnesses did not share in the massacre, and many of them protected fellow believers and others, even risking their life to do so. Such selfless acts prove that religion can be free of hypocrisy.

3 “WHY ARE WE HERE?”
Why ask that question?

Some may wonder: ‘Why do humans live for only 80 or 90 years and then die? What is the purpose of such a brief existence?’

TO THINK ABOUT: Many who do not believe in God still recognize the need to account for the complexity, intricacy, and order of the natural world. They perceive that our planet, other planets, and the moon are configured in just the right way to sustain life on earth. They describe the natural laws that govern the universe as being fine-tuned, perfectly set so that even the slightest alteration would make life on earth impossible.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS: While many people view our relatively brief life span as proof that there is no God, the natural world gives ample evidence that there is a Creator. (Romans 1:20) He had a purpose in making these things, and the reason for our existence is closely linked to his purpose. God created humans to live forever on the earth, and he has not abandoned his purpose.—Psalm 37:11, 29; Isaiah 55:11.

While we can discern God’s existence and even some of his qualities through the natural world, God did not intend for us to perceive his purpose that way. For us to know God’s purpose, and hence the meaning of our existence, we need communication from God. In the Bible he communicates with us, using simple, direct terms.* Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to take a fresh look at the answers found there.

3 Questions to Ask God

What questions would you like to ask God?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Is the Bible really his true honest word?
If so, why is it so easy to gain numerous interpretations from it?

The true servants of God have the true interpretation, but the adversary is not going to make the choice between a true prophet and a false one be a walk in the park. So Jesus said to look at their "fruits" and see if they practice what they preach. He also said we would "know the truth" and that it would "set us free". It's an experience, not just words.

What books does he think should be in the Bible?

The ones that are accepted as his word by the majority of people in the world. He would not offer an obscure book that was accepted by just a few. The Bible is for everyone....the truth in it is for everyone. Honest and sincere truth seekers will find what they are looking for....if they don't, they have the wrong teachers.

Why the faulty human "prophets"?

God has his true prophets and satan has his. How do you tell the difference? The Bible tells us how to identify the false ones.

False Prophets — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So it matters not what they preach as long as they practice it?
So which of the thousands of "truths" is the one true truth from the one true god?

It matters that they are not hypocrites. It doesn't matter that they are human, with faults. The apostles were personally chosen by the son of God, yet they exhibited all the human frailties that we do. If you are waiting for perfect people to pop up any time soon, don't hold your breath. If God could use imperfect men all through history to accomplish his will, why do we expect his servants today to be any different?

The ones who are "doing the will of the Father" are not sitting around in a church talking about it. (Matt 7:21-23)-21-23)
They practise what they preach and there is no disharmony or disunity in this global brotherhood. (1 Cor 1:10; John 13:34, 35)

Source please.

There is no source except the Bible itself. If you have no faith in what is written, I cannot provide any other source. Whether you accept the Bible as the word of God or not is between you and your Maker. He is the one who reads the hearts of individuals and "draws" them to the true teachings of his son. (John 6:44)

If we have our own personal view about how God should behave and he doesn't quite meet that view....? I think I can say with perfect confidence that he will not do a thing about that. (2 Thess 2:9-12) If a personal view of what God "should" be in the eyes of some are not fulfilled.....should we expect that he will change to suit us? You be the judge of that.

I am not interested in the Watchtowers version any more than I am interested in the Catholic version or any other version.
I am interested in the one true version of the one true god.

If I had no faith that my teachers are the ones who promote the truth about "the one true God", I would hardly be quoting their material, would I?

If you have no point of reference, who on earth can be quoted to suit your preference and convince you of anything? Who can possibly teach someone who believes no one?

Believing is a leap of faith....something no Christian can lack....but you can't exactly order it on eBay. Faith is like a wall, built one solid brick at a time. It can't happen in five minutes. It takes time and the right attitude to come to belief. Humility is a starting point. Talk to God and ask for his direction. Ask him to reveal his truth to you. He will if you have the right attitude and condition of heart. The school of hard knocks can make cynics out of all of us, but we cannot change who we really are at heart. This is the person God sees, not the one with life experiences that create a crusty exterior.

Which version is that?

Pick one. The truth is in all Bibles because it's the message that cannot be altered, even if men tamper with interpretation of the words. God opens up hearts to see his truth.....which is why many can read the Bible and get nothing out of it. (1 Cor 3:5-7)

djhwoodwerks

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled onto it, and I want to show the falsities that are taught.

The ones that are accepted as his word by the majority of people in the world. He would not offer an obscure book that was accepted by just a few. The Bible is for everyone....the truth in it is for everyone.

Does JayJayDee really believe this statement? If so, is she really a dedicated JW? Because the GB teaches different. The GB teaches that the truth is not in the Bible, but in the teachings of the Bible through the WTBTS>

*** w67 10/1 p. 587 par. 9 Finding Freedom with Jehovah’s Visible Organization ***
9 As the canon of books of God’s Word was expanded and the Christian Greek Scriptures were added to complete the Bible, each book was written directly to the Christian congregation or to a member of the Christian congregation in its behalf. "Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible." "For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind."

Is the Bible really for everyone? According to the GB.