• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Days and Three Nights??????

Bangbang

Jesus was actually rose about a day and a half after he died.....whats up with that? Is this another false prophesy? He was not buried either.....so how is it he is in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 12:40 (New International Version)

40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Reactions: FFH

Draka

Wonder Woman
Bangbang said:
Jesus was actually rose about a day and a half after he died.....whats up with that? Is this another false prophesy? He was not buried either.....so how is it he is in the heart of the earth.

40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Perhaps the "Son of Man" is not who some think?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
My understanding is they counted the day he died, Friday, as day one, Saturday, day 2, rose on Sunday, day 3. :D

Popeyesays

9:21 And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing; 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

(King James Bible, Luke)

18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

(King James Bible, Luke)

24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

(King James Bible, Luke)

24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

(King James Bible, Luke)

24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

(King James Bible, Luke)

9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

(King James Bible, Mark)

And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him, 10:33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: 10:34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

(King James Bible, Mark)

16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

(King James Bible, Matthew)

17:22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: 17:23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

20:17 And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them, 20:18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

27:64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

Friday, saturday - Sunday is the third day

Regards,
Scott

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
Well, Jeffrey, that's only 2 nights.
He died on Friday, rose on Sunday, Like I implied, Aqualung, they counted things in a different manor. But of course, if you tell me the bible is full of mistakes, I won't argue that.

Bangbang

jeffrey said:
He died on Friday, rose on Sunday, Like I implied, Aqualung, they counted things in a different manor. But of course, if you tell me the bible is full of mistakes, I won't argue that.
Ok so back then 1 night plus 1 night equals 3 nights. Ok...I get it!:eek:

Aqualung

Tasty
Bangbang said:
Ok so back then 1 night plus 1 night equals 3 nights. Ok...I get it!:eek:
Yeah. The fact is, jeffrey, there's no way to count that to make it mean that he was in the earth for three days and three nights. You can do the three days, yes, but once it comes to the nights...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
Yeah. The fact is, jeffrey, there's no way to count that to make it mean that he was in the earth for three days and three nights. You can do the three days, yes, but once it comes to the nights...
Not by our way, in fact our way is 2 days. I'm sure someone with some knowledge of translations could explain it better. But does it really matter?

Aqualung

Tasty
I does matter. The prophesy was that the Messiah would be in the earth for 3 days and 3 nights, just like Jonah was. Jesus wasn't.

FFH

Veteran Member
Bangbang said:

40- For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Jesus Christ was in the core of the earth (which is said to be where spririt prison is, in another spiritual dimmension, not a physical dimmension) Spirit prison is IN the heart (core or center) of the earth and spirit paradise is ON the earth, and all around us, in another spriritual dimmension. Christ truly was in the heart of the earth, for three days and three nights, preaching the Gospel to those that were in spirit prison. He had finally loosed the bands of wickedness, with his sacrifice, so that all that would repent, would be saved from the pains of hell, and be loosed from spirit prison.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
I does matter. The prophesy was that the Messiah would be in the earth for 3 days and 3 nights, just like Jonah was. Jesus wasn't.
Might to you, but not to me. I don't take most of the bible as God's word. Man's word. But what ever makes you happy. :rolleyes:

Bangbang

FFH said:
Christ truly was in the heart of the earth, for three days and three nights, preaching the Gospel to those that were in spirit prison. He had finally loosed the bands of wickedness, with his sacrifice, so that all that would repent, would be saved from the pains of hell, and be loosed from spirit prison.
How do you come up with three nights?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Bangbang, I never understood that. God worked 6 days, took the 7th day off. Told up all to take that day off too. So what do we do? That's the day most go to church and pray more then any other day. He gets one day off and that's the day we all bug him with our problems. Go figure. Think we need a 'prayer free' day, give the big man upstairs a break! :D

FFH

Veteran Member
Bangbang said:
This is such a great question !!! I am going to answer this question I just need to get some things together. It may take me an hour or so, but I will get this question answered for you. I have to make sure I can back up what I say, with some acceptable sources, from the net. I have done a previous study on this.

Bangbang

FFH said:
This is such a great question !!! I am going to answer this question I just need to get some things together. It may take me an hour or so, but I will get this question answered for you. I have to make sure I can back up what I say, with some acceptable sources, from the net. I have done a previous study on this.
Ok....I can't wait to hear this one.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I think the Bible is full of mistakes. The words were written by man, men make mistakes.
The Bible is not written by God or Jesus.... just men.​
Three days and nights... who says so? ...... MAN

Squirt

I heard a pretty knowledgable speaker say once that Jesus didn't die on Friday at all, but on Thursday. I probably shouldn't even mention it since I totally can't back it up. But the evidence he gave was pretty compelling. It's just been a long, long time ago.