• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Days and Three Nights

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Nope. I don't even believe Jesus existed; I wouldn't bother looking into the semantics of his supposed execution. I just had to respond to the bold claim that this guy had the actual DATES of Jesus' birth, death, and return. That's not something you see very often lol

rstrats

cataway,

re: "P M sent"

I'm afraid I don't see where your PM provides an actual example from the first century or before that shows a phrase stating a specific number of days and/or a specific number of nights where it absolutely couldn't have included at least a part of each one of the specified number of days and at least a part of each one of the specified number of nights.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I'm going to ask you to read Matthew 24 and I'll ask of you when he made his presents known.

as for clouds ,clouds have a symbolic meaning, clouds conceal,restrict your eye's from being able to see what you may know is there.

It says they will SEE him coming in the clouds, and wail, presumably because it is now too late - and it mentions trumpet blasts.

cataway

It says they will SEE him coming in the clouds, and wail, presumably because it is now too late - and it mentions trumpet blasts.

trumpet blasts are pronouncements,proclamations , messages that are given as warnings.

if your expecting to hear a horn blast ............:no:

cataway

cataway,

re: "P M sent"

I'm afraid I don't see where your PM provides an actual example from the first century or before that shows a phrase stating a specific number of days and/or a specific number of nights where it absolutely couldn't have included at least a part of each one of the specified number of days and at least a part of each one of the specified number of nights.
are you wanting a scripture that uses 3 days and 3 nights?

rstrats

cataway,

re: "are you wanting a scripture that uses 3 days and 3 nights?"

Do you have one that provides the information requested?

And it doesn't have to be just from scripture. And it can be any number of days and/or nights.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

to SEE can also mean to understand

Greek is generally pretty explicit - it says they will see him coming upon the clouds.

It uses "horaō" which means "to stare at."

It translates this way -

Matt 24:30 And when appears the sign/miracle of the Son of Man in the sky, also then at that time lament/wail all the races of the earth, and shall see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds in the sky with power and glory abundant.

rstrats

I probably should have addressed the OP to those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week and who try to get around Matthew 12:40 by saying that it is using common Jewish idiomatic language.

indepth thinker

Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a "discussion" with 6th day crucifixion folks, they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day. I wonder if anyone has documentation that shows that the phrase "x" days and "x"nights was ever used in the first century or before when it didn’t include at least parts of the "x" days and at least parts of the "x" nights?

I do not have the specific proof you seek, but you will find it interesting that over 9 time specific prophecies point to Jesus being crucified in a year where the Passover occurred on a Wednesday. It can also be proven that the Original Passover Lamb was also slain on a Wednesday.

Let me know if you are interested in viewing this information. I'll be willing to share it in this thread if you like.

indepth thinker

The Key to figuring out the time line of the original Passover lamb requires one to "remember the Sabbath day" in concert with a correct translation of Exodus 16:1-2 in concert with the full chapter of exodus 16.

When examining Exodus 16: 1-2 in every available English translation today you will find that it presents an impossibility when compared with Number 33:10-11. Find the Root cause of the English translational Error to determine what a correct translation of Exodus 16:1-2 should be and you will be able to determine the time line of the original Passover lamb of exodus 12.

Hint: Think in Jewish calendar time where an Evening and a morning make a day.

When dealing with time specific prophecy, it's best to consider the scriptures of time as God laid them out. Otherwise time prophecy is open to personal interpretation and truth will be whatever the mind of man dreams it up to be per their imagination.

Blessings.

rstrats

indepth thinker,

re: "I do not have the specific proof you seek..."

OK, maybe someone new looking in will know of some writing.

re: "It can also be proven that the Original Passover Lamb was also slain on a Wednesday. Let me know if you are interested in viewing this information. I'll be willing to share it in this thread if you like."

You should probably start a new topic with regard to a 4th day of the week Passover.

rstrats

psychoslice,

re: "Myself I don't take the story literally, so it doesn't bother me the least.

I'm afraid I don't see where I asked to hear from someone who isn't bothered by some story.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a "discussion" with 6th day crucifixion folks, they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day. I wonder if anyone has documentation that shows that the phrase "x" days and "x"nights was ever used in the first century or before when it didn’t include at least parts of the "x" days and at least parts of the "x" nights?

they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day.

There is no such Jewish idiom; I did check it.

It is a fabrication of the Christianity to support the creed invented by Paul and the Church.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Three "days" was a Jewish idiom that could refer to parts of those days or nights, BUT the term three days AND three nights means exactly what is says.

BUT the term three days AND three nights means exactly what is says.
And there is a lot of difference on what day Jesus was put on the Cross and its time.

Regards