• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Days and Three Nights

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Never heard that before. Any proof or just another nonsense idea from someone with nothing better to do?

There are clues in the NT Bible itself, if one could be a little patient, please.
The tomb was found missing Jesus, it was empty. Nothing could stop Jesus to come out of the tomb when he was in a position fit to move out and travel secretly. Right, please?

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

There are clues in the NT Bible itself, if one could be a little patient, please.
The tomb was found missing Jesus, it was empty. Nothing could stop Jesus to come out of the tomb when he was in a position fit to move out and travel secretly. Right, please?

Regards
I am pretty sure the Roman soldiers sealed the tomb and would have noticed if anyone went in or out. Yes, you are right that nothing could stop Jesus when He was ready to come out. That is exactly what He did after three days and three nights lying dead in the tomb. The miracle is not that someone helped heal His wounds but that He overcame death and rose from the dead all by himself.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am pretty sure the Roman soldiers sealed the tomb and would have noticed if anyone went in or out. Yes, you are right that nothing could stop Jesus when He was ready to come out. That is exactly what He did after three days and three nights lying dead in the tomb. The miracle is not that someone helped heal His wounds but that He overcame death and rose from the dead all by himself.
The tomb was far from being sealed, it had only one stone at the entrance and Jesus friends were going in and coming out from it, all these clues are there in the Bible.

Regards

rstrats

lostwanderingsoul,
re: "Actually no. The topic here is three days and three nights."

Actually, it isn't. As I wrote in post #176, "The topic title was poorly conceived with regard to the intent of the topic. Unfortunately the title and OP couldn't be edited by the time I realized the need for the editing. However, they were clarified in a number of subsequent posts, most recently in post #162. Again, the topic question is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. So far no one has provided any examples. For the purpose of this topic, that is the only thing of concern."

lostwanderingsoul

lostwanderingsoul,
re: "Actually no. The topic here is three days and three nights."

Actually, it isn't. As I wrote in post #176, "The topic title was poorly conceived with regard to the intent of the topic. Unfortunately the title and OP couldn't be edited by the time I realized the need for the editing. However, they were clarified in a number of subsequent posts, most recently in post #162. Again, the topic question is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. So far no one has provided any examples. For the purpose of this topic, that is the only thing of concern."
OK. There are no examples because three days and three nights clearly means 72 hours. Those who try to say otherwise are grasping at straws to try to prove their twisted beliefs. Rather than beleieve what the Bible clearly says they would rether look for any excuse to prove it wrong. And the biggest problem is that they are aided by the biggest churches which should know the truth but continue to support ideas that do not follow the Bible.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
OK. There are no examples because three days and three nights clearly means 72 hours. Those who try to say otherwise are grasping at straws to try to prove their twisted beliefs. Rather than beleieve what the Bible clearly says they would rether look for any excuse to prove it wrong. And the biggest problem is that they are aided by the biggest churches which should know the truth but continue to support ideas that do not follow the Bible.
"three days and three nights"

It is a wrong notion that "three days and three nights" were the essence of the miracle of Jesus. The essence was "not dying and or continue living", which the Pauline-(Pagan)-Church suppresses for their selfish agenda. Right, please?

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

"three days and three nights"

It is a wrong notion that "three days and three nights" were the essence of the miracle of Jesus. The essence was "not dying and or continue living", which the Pauline-(Pagan)-Church suppresses for their selfish agenda. Right, please?

Regards
Sorry but no. Jesus himself said that the ONLY PROOF that he was God's son would be that he would be DEAD and in the tomb for three days and three nights. If you do not believe this then you are saying Jesus is a liar and not the Son of God. What do you believe? I prefer to believe Jesus.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry but no. Jesus himself said that the ONLY PROOF that he was God's son would be that he would be DEAD and in the tomb for three days and three nights. If you do not believe this then you are saying Jesus is a liar and not the Son of God. What do you believe? I prefer to believe Jesus.

Jesus' words:
“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40).

Jesus did not say he would be DEAD.

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus' words:
“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40).

Regards
I do not know your religion or what you are trying to prove but you have given no proof of anything.but if you can quote anything that says Jesus was not dead or people helped him recover from his wounds, I will be happy to see them. Otherwise you just have wild ideas without aby basis or proof.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I do not know your religion or what you are trying to prove but you have given no proof of anything.but if you can quote anything that says Jesus was not dead or people helped him recover from his wounds, I will be happy to see them. Otherwise you just have wild ideas without aby basis or proof.
Jesus did not say that he will die on the Cross. If yes, then please quote from Jesus.
Regards

sooda

Veteran Member

Friday afternoon to Sunday morning isn't 72 hours. What "twisted beliefs" are you referring to?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Friday afternoon to Sunday morning isn't 72 hours. What "twisted beliefs" are you referring to?
Time could be calculated:
3 hours of Friday, 24 hours of Saturday,10 hours of Sunday.

3+24+10=37 hours
Correct me if I am wrong. Right, please?

The time (3 day and 3 nights) was not the essence of the Sign of Jonah that Jesus wanted to show to the hardened Jews.

"not dying and continue living" was the essence of the Sign of Jonah and further for Jesus his other sheep* of the pen will accept him in large numbers.

To elaborate it further in terms of the painful event of Cross:
  1. Jesus was to show to them that he will not die on the Cross. He will be delivered from it in near-dead position
  2. He will not die in the Tomb of Arimathea.
  3. He will go in search of the lost tribes 10 tribes of the Israel who will accept Jesus message from G-d of reforming Judaism.
If one loves Jesus instead of the pagan-influenced Saul of Tarsus, one should rejoice with this tiding that Jesus was to survive not to die on the Cross. Beware of the Wolf who came later in sheep's clothing .
This is my sincere understanding. Right, please?
Regards
*John 10:16

"John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd."

sooda

Veteran Member
Jesus' words:

Regards

The Book of Jonah is a comic novella... not prophesy.

The message is opposed to xenophobia .. God also loved the people of Nineveh and spared them when they repented in spite of Jonah's tantrum.

lostwanderingsoul

Guess what. Big surprise. Nothing in the Bible says Jesus rose on Sunday morning. But from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday morning there is room for three days and three nights. There is not room from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. No twisted logic involved. Just twisted monds of people who refuse to consider the facts.

sooda

Veteran Member
Guess what. Big surprise. Nothing in the Bible says Jesus rose on Sunday morning. But from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday morning there is room for three days and three nights. There is not room from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. No twisted logic involved. Just twisted monds of people who refuse to consider the facts.

Well, Jesus needed to be taken down from the cross BEFORE sundown on the Sabbath.

Literalism will always disappoint you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But Pilate's wife saw a dream it is thus recorded in the Bible:

While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

So, Pilate managed things that Jesus is kept for the minimum hours on the Cross, therefore he selected Friday for Jesus' crucifixion. Pilate knew that one does not die on the Cross in few hours since he knew the Jews custom regarding the Sabbath.
So, no Jesus was put on the Cross on Friday afternoon not on Wednesday. Please forget about the Wednesday just for time, as time was not the essence of the Sign, "not dying and continue living" was the essence of the Sign. Right, please?

Regards