• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thousands stranded at border between Poland and Belarus

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Maybe they should've tried breaking into a country with a warmer climate? :rolleyes: Honestly, I only feel bad for any children dragged into this mess.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
There needs a free flow of immigrants, but the "president" of Belarus and Putin behind him, I believe, is using the immigration problem to their own advantage.

Truthseeker

Think about the poor immigrants and what they are fleeing from. There are exceptions, but in most instances immigrants are in need in some way. It is only the selfishness of rich countries and xenophobia that has the immigrants shut out. Mankind is one.

Shaul

Premium Member
Think about the poor immigrants and what they are fleeing from. There are exceptions, but in most instances immigrants are in need in some way. It is only the selfishness of rich countries and xenophobia that has the immigrants shut out. Mankind is one.
I find your argument weak and could arguably hurt these “immigrants” more than help them. Framing the issue as based in class is unfounded.

Truthseeker

It's not about class for me. For decades immigrants came to America, and few cared about how poor they were. The US did fine during that time, though for a while it was hard for the immigrants as they worked hard, low-paying jobs usually. My wife's grandfathers died early, one from working the coal mines, and the other I forget how exactly but it involved going from inside a freezer and out into warmer air. By the next generation my wife's mother and father were living comfortably.

The immigrants in the end help the country they are going to, and if conditions are tough at first they apply themselves and make a life for themselves or their children. Back in the country they lived in in some cases they were mired in whatever circumstances they found themselves in and never got out.

The reason that immigration slowed down was prejudice towards race for the most part.