• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The geometric figure has a total of 6+5+4=15 sides, so in the first equation, the total number of sides is 15+15+15=45
Interesting.

I counted geometric figures rather than sides, e.g. ...

3F + 3F + 3F = 45 therefore F = 5​

... leading to:
  • 3F + 3F + 3F = 45
    therefore F = 5
  • 4B + 4B + 3F = 23; 8B = 23 - (3*5); 8B = 8
    therefore B = 1
  • 4B + 3H + 3H = 10; 6H = 10 - (4*1)
    therefore H = 1
  • 2H + 3B + (3B*2F) = 2 + 3 + (3*10) = 35

That said, i think I much prefer your approach. Good job. Thanks.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
22228131_1991705737733145_1647060645936851370_n.jpg

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Like all of these picture questions where the last line has elements changed, any answer is based on assumption not math.

There is no evidence that there even is a numeric relationship between the clock at 3 and the clock at 2, or 3 to 4 bananas, or the geometric shapes, much less what a hypothetical relationship would be. There is no method to determine what the images on the bottom line represent.

For instance, that 4 bananas = 4 is demonstrable. But, if there is a significance to a single banana, who is to say that each doesn't represent an exponential increment, such that x^Bananas = y. This ambiguity exists for all altered elements.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

Yes, the solution is to use an image to get profanity past the forum censors.

With text, it reads:

"People are losing their **** over this viral riddle!"

The numbers 19 and 26 are code for the alphabet:

19= T
26 = Z

TZ. . . Tee-zee. . . T'easy. . . 'Twas easy.

As in, it was too easy to get the word **** past the censors.

The bananas and shapes are merely representations of male and female
genitals. . . this is a post designed to troll message forums with profanity and juvenile humor.

I'm onto you!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Like all of these picture questions where the last line has elements changed, any answer is based on assumption not math.

There is no evidence that there even is a numeric relationship between the clock at 3 and the clock at 2, or 3 to 4 bananas, or the geometric shapes, much less what a hypothetical relationship would be. There is no method to determine what the images on the bottom line represent.

For instance, that 4 bananas = 4 is demonstrable. But, if there is a significance to a single banana, who is to say that each doesn't represent an exponential increment, such that x^Bananas = y. This ambiguity exists for all altered elements.
There is no requerement to play. Simply take your bananas and go home.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
1. 45/3=15
2. 23-15=8/2=4
3.10-4=6/2=3

For number 4 you need to look at the differences.
- in problem 3 the clock reads 3 but in problem 4 it reads 2
- similarly, a banana is missing in problem 4, so the number of bananas in both batches are 3
- a square is missing so there are 4 less angles from 15, making the value 11

2+3+(3*11)=38

Edit; fixed typos

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no requerement to play. Simply take your bananas and go home.
Hmph. Going by my previous decision that sub-elements represent an exponential progression:

Last line: cuberoot9 + root8 + root8 x cuberoot225
Comes out to 22.11.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

There is a relation as we are given the answers, so it's more or less "solve for S(shapes), B(bananas), and C(clocks) given this solution," and it's basically just counting what is there and comparing it to the numbers provided. That's what prevents any ambiguities in the solutions.

Scrooge

certainty seeking
Show your math. I believe it is 50.

Error on my part:

2+3+(3X11) = 5 + 33 = 38
((2+3)+3)*11
Common sense takes precedence, ; >) BODMAS does not apply. If Rachel Dolezal can be black and Bruce Jenner a woman I can certainly do this math problem in the order it should be done (which is the order it is given) and it be right. Welcome to the age of subjectivity.

Last edited: