• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts?

Kalidas

So this is a quote by Bill Hicks, a comedian that died in 1996

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Aside from the random part about a "young man doing acid". I like this quote a lot.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's very eastern, I daresay advaitin and very much in line with what I posted in someone else's thread about Stuart Hameroff's and Roger Penrose's hypotheses of quantum consciousness.

Kalidas

I think it's very eastern, I daresay advaitin and very much in line with what I posted in someone else's thread about Stuart Hameroff's and Roger Penrose's hypotheses of quantum consciousness.

oooh sounds neat. One must share, yes?!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
oooh sounds neat. One must share, yes?!

Yes, it is interesting. This is a Google search result on Stuart Hameroff. Briefly, he is an anesthesiologist who began contemplating what happens to consciousness under anesthesia. Roger Penrose is a mathematical physicist. They collaborated on their ideas, approaching the result from different angles.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Aside from the random part about a "young man doing acid". I like this quote a lot.

I never really got into Hicks, but I can really dig this quote. :)

Maya3

I like it. Though I don´t think that we are dreaming exactly.

Maya

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that the quote is a perfect reflection of certain Hindu perspectives about reality.

Maya3

I would not say that we are asleep and dreaming. I would say we are looking from a perspective of a lower reality (Vyavaharika).

A better way to explain it. I tried last night, but I was too tired, and I couldn´t get a sane thought out of my head. :)

Maya