• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts On The Partnership Of God And Satan

Skwim

Veteran Member

In another thread it was brought up that "Satan has killed every person ever born and all those who are still yet to be born. Satan resides in the flesh of every man. And he resided in the flesh of Adam. And when Adam sinned, death has passed to all humans. Therefore, Satan is charged with killing everyone."

Which brought to mind the following questions:

Who is responsible for Satan's being? That is, who allows his continued existence? Who has the ability to stop him, but chooses not to? Give you a clue, his name/title starts with a "g" and ends with a "d."​

And because Satan is allowed to exist obviously the god of Abraham is pleased with what he does, seducing humans into sin or falsehood. In other words, god want's humans to sin, which is contrary to what Christians have told me about their god.

That about right, or is my reasoning off?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

In another thread it was brought up that "Satan has killed every person ever born and all those who are still yet to be born. Satan resides in the flesh of every man. And he resided in the flesh of Adam. And when Adam sinned, death has passed to all humans. Therefore, Satan is charged with killing everyone."

Who is responsible for Satan's being? That is, who allows his continued existence? Who has the ability to stop him, but chooses not to? Give you a clue, his name/title starts with a "g" and ends with a "d."​

And because Satan is allowed to exist obviously the god of Abraham is pleased with what he does, seducing humans into sin or falsehood. In other words, god want's humans to sin, which is contrary to what Christians have told me about their god.

What fellowship has light with darkness?

Darkforbid

What would make you think God created angels or that from our perception they have not always existed

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I give up. What?

Absolutely none... :)

2 Cor 6: How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That’s not partnership; that’s war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God’s holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives.

Absolutely no partnership

Moz

Religion. A pox on all their Houses.

You obviously know the way the events are laid out in the Bible. To say that God's allowing Satan to exist means that he is OBVIOUSLY pleased with satan is pretty ignorant.... you did get to the end of the book didn't you.

Is your reasoning off? You know it is. That's why did you not include the fact that Satan is executed for his rebellion at the END of the book in your little outline. That would have at least have made your question an honest one.

I am sure that at least once in the 9 years you have been on these threads it would have been mentioned to you that Satan is punished. You know hell and all that stuff.

Doesn't Satan being cast into the Lake of Fire indicate to you that it is OBVIOUS that the God of the Bible is NOT happy with him. I am also sure you have dumped into Gen 3:15 where Jehovah tells the Serpent that He would send a seed to crush his head.

Btw... my Mum says Hi. I told her about our exchange and she got a real laugh out of it, so thanks for that. You sir are what is wrong with the shallow atheist thought process.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The OP reminded me of the book/video "Good Omens". I find these two quotes to be a response to the question.

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an
ineffable game of His own devising, which might be
compared, from the perspective of any of the other
players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure
and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with
blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't
tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”

“If you sit down and think about it sensibly, you come up with some very funny ideas. Like: why make people inquisitive, and then put some forbidden fruit where they can see it with a big neon finger flashing on and off saying 'THIS IS IT!'? ... I mean, why do that if you really don't want them to eat it, eh? I mean, maybe you just want to see how it all turns out. Maybe it's all part of a great big ineffable plan. All of it. You, me, him, everything. Some great big test to see if what you've built all works properly, eh? You start thinking: it can't be a great cosmic game of chess, it has to be just very complicated Solitaire.”

Skwim

Veteran Member
You obviously know the way the events are laid out in the Bible. To say that God's allowing Satan to exist means that he is OBVIOUSLY pleased with satan is pretty ignorant.... you did get to the end of the book didn't you.

Is your reasoning off? You know it is. That's why did you not include the fact that Satan is executed for his rebellion at the END of the book in your little outline. That would have at least have made your question an honest one.

I am sure that at least once in the 9 years you have been on these threads it would have been mentioned to you that Satan is punished. You know hell and all that stuff.

Doesn't Satan being cast into the Lake of Fire indicate to you that it is OBVIOUS that the God of the Bible is NOT happy with him. I am also sure you have dumped into Gen 3:15 where Jehovah tells the Serpent that He would send a seed to crush his head.

Btw... my Mum says Hi. I told her about our exchange and she got a real laugh out of it, so thanks for that. You sir are what is wrong with the shallow atheist thought process.
Reduced to ad homs already?

quote-an-ad-hominem-attack-against-an-individual-not-against-an-idea-is-highly-flattering-nassim-nicholas-taleb-87-48-52-500x235.jpg

Hee! Hee!
giggle.gif
I LOVE IT! Not at all surprised you'd scurry down some side road and jump to the end of the story, all the while ignoring the meat of the issue. What are you, some kind of sluts?
sheepish-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Inn..... any..... case, dear Moz, . . . . . . :) the way the whole story reads, is that god is just fine with allowing Satan to wreak his dastardly work on humans for some 6,000 to 2,500,000 years---depending on whom you choose to believe of course---seducing millions of souls into sin or falsehood. That is, until god eventually tires of the whole thing and stabs Satan in the back by throwing him into the Lake of Fire and Sulfur to be tormented forever. One would think god would show his appreciation for all the work the guy did for him, like promoting him, or at least change him into a good angel. Wouldn't one? I would, but then I'm one of the fair guys around here. ;)

Hey, this is fun.

YOUR TURN
....... :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Say hello to Mumsy for me. I think we may have more in common than you'd care to entertain. :p

Last edited:

Moz

Reduced to ad homs already?

quote-an-ad-hominem-attack-against-an-individual-not-against-an-idea-is-highly-flattering-nassim-nicholas-taleb-87-48-52-500x235.jpg

Hee! Hee!
giggle.gif
I LOVE IT! Not at all surprised you'd scurry down some side road and jump to the end of the story, all the while ignoring the meat of the issue. What are you, some kind of sluts?
sheepish-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Inn..... any..... case, dear Moz, . . . . . . :) the way the whole story reads, is that god is just fine with allowing Satan to wreak his dastardly work on humans for some 6,000 to 2,500,000 years---depending on whom you choose to believe of course---seducing millions of souls into sin or falsehood. That is, until god eventually tires of the whole thing and stabs Satan in the back by throwing him into the Lake of Fire and Sulfur to be tormented forever. One would think god would show his appreciation for all the work the guy did for him, like promoting him, or at least change him into a good angel. Wouldn't one? I would, but then I'm one of the fair guys around here. ;)

Hey, this is fun.

YOUR TURN
....... :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Say hello to Mumsy for me. I think we may have more in common than you'd care to entertain. :p ad

If you know the story as you have laid out surely you could have posed a question that is not kindergarten level theology.... Did God create the devil. Wow what depth.

Other than the false imputation of God being a backstabber for allowing his creation to exercise free will, you pretty much have answered the question you asked. SEE all you had to do was apply the END of the story and it all works out. Evil punished... Good Rewarded.... what could be better than that. It's an omelet and eggs sort of thing.
The "god is just fine with it" and "god eventually tiring of the whole thing" stuff is so silly. No serious commentator, either religious or secular" has ever put it that way.

On a personal note....... I am actually surprised that there has not been an apology for the way you tried to bring my mother into a debate on a public forum so as to make some stupid point that ended up backfiring anyway ,it is pretty poor form.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If you know the story as you have laid out surely you could have posed a question that is not kindergarten level theology....

Jiminy cricket, there you go again. Sinking down to pluck another ad hom from the dung heap of fallacious arguments. But if that's all you've got, then than that's all you've got. :shrug: However, I'll try to make allowances for your lack of having anything intelligent to say, but no guarantees.

Other than the false imputation of God being a backstabber for allowing his creation to exercise free will, you pretty much have answered the question you asked.
You call god good (I assume), although he provided the means, Satan, for seducing millions of souls into sin or falsehood, and I call him a backstabber for using Satan and then throwing him under the bus. Tell you what. You admit god isn't good and I'll admit he isn't a backstabber. Gotta deal?

SEE all you had to do was apply the END of the story and it all works out. Evil punished... Good Rewarded.... what could be better than that. It's an omelet and eggs sort of thing.
Well you do have a point, what Satan does is evil, but seeing that he's under the control of god, who creates evil (see Isaiah 45:7), what else can the poor guy do? Blaming Satan for being evil is like blaming water for being wet.

The "god is just fine with it" and "god eventually tiring of the whole thing" stuff is so silly.
That's it??? It's "so silly." No rational, No syllogistic construction. No finely honed argument. Just, it's "so silly." Okey dokey. :shrug:

No serious commentator, either religious or secular" has ever put it that way.
Gees, another fallacious argument: argumentum ab auctoritate. Please stop. My head is hurting.

On a personal note....... I am actually surprised that there has not been an apology for the way you tried to bring my mother into a debate on a public forum so as to make some stupid point that ended up backfiring anyway ,it is pretty poor form.
If it honestly offends you then I sincerely do apologize, but don't forget; you're the one who said she was a s--t. Something you chose to do, and unasked no less.

Sequim: post 19
" I'm sure you know for an absolute fact that your mother never, ever engaged in sex as a teen because she tells you everything, and because if she did it would make her a ****. So it's an utter, absolute, unmitigated impossibility. Mom was pure as the driven snow until after she was married. (I assume she was married when she conceived you)"
source
Mmmm . . . . not a derogatory implication in the entire quote.

Moz: post 20
The example of my mother is actually a bad one to bring up to me. She is a living lesson in what a teenage girl should NOT do. She was a **** and has regretted it for 60 years. That's one of the reasons i know what i'm talking about.
source
Ah . . hum, cough!, cough! . . . . Well, I'll let your words---cough!, cough!---speak---cough!---for themselves.

Moz

Jiminy cricket, there you go again. Sinking down to pluck another ad hom from the dung heap of fallacious arguments. But if that's all you've got, then than that's all you've got. :shrug: However, I'll try to make allowances for your lack of having anything intelligent to say, but no guarantees.

You call god good (I assume), although he provided the means, Satan, for seducing millions of souls into sin or falsehood, and I call him a backstabber for using Satan and then throwing him under the bus. Tell you what. You admit god isn't good and I'll admit he isn't a backstabber. Gotta deal?

Well you do have a point, what Satan does is evil, but seeing that he's under the control of god, who creates evil (see Isaiah 45:7), what else can the poor guy do? Blaming Satan for being evil is like blaming water for being wet.

That's it??? It's "so silly." No rational, No syllogistic construction. No finely honed argument. Just, it's "so silly." Okey dokey. :shrug:

Gees, another fallacious argument: argumentum ab auctoritate. Please stop. My head is hurting.

If it honestly offends you then I sincerely do apologize, but don't forget; you're the one who said she was a s--t. Something you chose to do, and unasked no less.

Sequim: post 19
" I'm sure you know for an absolute fact that your mother never, ever engaged in sex as a teen because she tells you everything, and because if she did it would make her a ****. So it's an utter, absolute, unmitigated impossibility. Mom was pure as the driven snow until after she was married. (I assume she was married when she conceived you)"
source

Moz: post 20
The example of my mother is actually a bad one to bring up to me. She is a living lesson in what a teenage girl should NOT do. She was a **** and has regretted it for 60 years. That's one of the reasons i know what i'm talking about.
source
Ah . . hum, cough!, cough! . . . . Well, I'll let your words---cough!, cough!---speak---cough!---for themselves.

You should NOT sincerely apologize and then qualify the apology so that it ceases to have any affect......The apology that should be given is to do with YOU bringing Mothers into a debate in the way that you did in the first place. What's with that? What did anyone's mother's past have to do with the discussion we were having.

If it honestly offends you then I sincerely do apologize, but don't forget;.

Btw..... I was not offended as i answered your made up scenario with honesty. What i find offensive is the childish tactic.

Again with the ....hum, cough!, cough! . . . . Well, I'll let your words---cough!, cough!---speak---cough!---for themselves. How very sincere. Are you trying to imply that what i wrote was embarrassing to me. Nope. I wrote the truth about the situation and there is nothing that i am cough coughing about.

I am not even gonna bother with the .........Well you do have a point, what Satan does is evil, but seeing that he's under the control of god, who creates evil (see Isaiah 45:7), what else can the poor guy do? Blaming Satan for being evil is like blaming water for being wet... the depth, insight and originality of the argument has left me feeling.... well something.

Skwim

Veteran Member

You should NOT sincerely apologize and then qualify the apology so that it ceases to have any affect......The apology that should be given is to do with YOU bringing Mothers into a debate in the way that you did in the first place. What's with that? What did anyone's mother's past have to do with the discussion we were having.
It's evident you're working under the grips of a superiority complex, (your use of #5 font size is duly noted). And as I'm sure you've been told many times before; I'll decide what I should and should not do. Thank you. :p

Btw..... I was not offended as i answered your made up scenario with honesty. What i find offensive is the childish tactic.
No you don't. You just need an excuse to hang another ad hom onto. ;)

Again with the ....hum, cough!, cough! . . . . Well, I'll let your words---cough!, cough!---speak---cough!---for themselves. How very sincere. Are you trying to imply that what i wrote was embarrassing to me. Nope. I wrote the truth about the situation and there is nothing that i am cough coughing about.
And again I'll let your words---cough!, cough!---speak---cough!---for themselves. :D

I am not even gonna bother with the .........Well you do have a point, what Satan does is evil, but seeing that he's under the control of god, who creates evil (see Isaiah 45:7), what else can the poor guy do? Blaming Satan for being evil is like blaming water for being wet...
Of course you're not going to bother, because I hit the nail on the head.:cool:

the depth, insight and originality of the argument has left me feeling.... well something.
Here, let me help you out.

Amazed
Blown over
Astounded
Flabbergasted
Stunned
Thunderstruck
Humbled
Chagrined
In Awe
Sheepish
Dumbstruck
Shamefaced
Cowed
Deflated
Intimidated
Daunted
....:)

But I gotta tell you Moz, this whole exchange has grown tiresome, so I'll let you have the last word, although I'm not promising I'll read it.

Have a good day.

Your idol:

Skwim​

Last edited: