• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts on the Fall of Adam

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Looking at speciation, then thinking about your claim that humans evolved from apes, and essentially are apes, this does not prove ring species concerning evolution as you know it.

You may examine evidences of what scientists call speciation, this does not prove that God does not enable life. And, scientists have differing opinions about definitions and ideas.
You are now using terms that you do not understand. Parroting is not very convincing.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
And that was so ignorant that it could properly be called "stupid". You do not even know what evidence is. Heck you don't even know how the plural of the word "evidence". We need to start at the very beginning for you. For that I am going to use an illustration:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

That is a simplified rendition of the scientific method. You need to look it over. Once you understand this you will see that evolution is not based upon conjecture. Or speculation. Do you want to discuss this? The first step is "Ask a Question". How did the life we see get to the state that it is today. Okay?

My, oh my, please give the answer as to how the "life we see" got to the state that it is today. By the way, speciation does not prove evolution. Here's a question: do you have a problem with my wording (not the idea necessarily) that speciation does not prove evolution?
You ask how did the life we see get to the state that it is today. Let me put it this way. At a certain point, and I keep it simple, and you may ask and add, breath was given to animals and humans. I HATE to go back into science, but I will for a while if you like. Not that I hate science, but my inclination is more of a musician. I like cooking sometimes, I like trying different spices and herbs, there are so many of them that we hardly know about yet, in various cultures of wonderful tastes. All right, so here is where I keep it somewhat simple. BREATH as we know it in animal and human organisms, was given to animals and humans. Breath. Talk about breath for a while, an interesting subject. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My, oh my, please give the answer as to how the "life we see" got to the state that it is today. By the way, speciation does not prove evolution. Here's a question: do you have a problem with my wording (not the idea necessarily) that speciation does not prove evolution?
You ask how did the life we see get to the state that it is today. Let me put it this way. At a certain point, and I keep it simple, and you may ask and add, breath was given to animals and humans. I HATE to go back into science, but I will for a while if you like. Not that I hate science, but my inclination is more of a musician. I like cooking sometimes, I like trying different spices and herbs, there are so many of them that we hardly know about yet, in various cultures of wonderful tastes. All right, so here is where I keep it somewhat simple. BREATH as we know it in animal and human organisms, was given to animals and humans. Breath. Talk about breath for a while, an interesting subject. :)

I have a problem with you using terms that you do not understand. You do not understand what "proof" is or what evidence is. That is what I am trying to correct right now.

I really don't care for your "explanations" since until you understand at the very least what is and what is not evidence they are of no value at all.

Now can you be honest and deal just with the scientific method right now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL, again with the apple that you keep insisting was figuratively there...

No, you keep proving that you do not understand English. When you demonstrate that you can go beyond the literal then we can discuss that.

By the way, it is rather obvious that you do not know what a parable is. Which is rather amazing. A Christian should be able to understand that concept.

YoursTrue

Thoughts on the fall of Adam, but since you could not handle the fact that the story paints God as being incompetent and immoral we detoured to why we know that Adam is mythical in the first place.
I don't know, I'm listening to some beautiful music, and you make me laugh. :)

YoursTrue

No, you keep proving that you do not understand English. When you demonstrate that you can go beyond the literal then we can discuss that.

By the way, it is rather obvious that you do not know what a parable is. Which is rather amazing. A Christian should be able to understand that concept.
Still such beautiful music, and you still make me laugh!

YoursTrue

I have a problem with you using terms that you do not understand. You do not understand what "proof" is or what evidence is. That is what I am trying to correct right now.

I really don't care for your "explanations" since until you understand at the very least what is and what is not evidence they are of no value at all.

All right, please give the correct definition of proof and evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know, I'm listening to some beautiful music, and you make me laugh. :)

You are probably laughing to make your worries about your weak faith go away. Christians with strong faith do not need to believe the myths of Genesis to be a Christian. They do not need to call God a liar.

YoursTrue

So still no explanation from you as to what proof is or what evidence is?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All right, please give the correct definition of proof and evidence.
I already gave you what "proof" is in this case a preponderance of evidence.

Now you need to learn evidence is.

And since we are discussing a scientific concept we should be using scientific evidence a well defined concept. This also goes along with the conversation that you ran away from on the scientific method. Scientific evidence is any observation that supports or opposes a scientific theory or hypothesis:

"Scientific evidence is evidence which serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretation in accordance with scientific method. Standards for scientific evidence vary according to the field of inquiry, but the strength of scientific evidence is generally based on the results of statistical analysis and the strength of scientific controls."

Scientific evidence - Wikipedia

This directly ties in with the illustration on the scientific method that I posted earlier.

The reason that scientists came up with this is because they too are human and at times incorrectly say "That's not evidence" when it clearly is. This definition takes emotion out of the argument. All one has to answer is "does this observation support a theory or hypothesis or not". Guess what. The theory of evolution is supported by mountains of evidence. It is not "speculation". It is not "conjecture". The people that claim that are lying. Creationism is speculation. It is conjecture. There is no scientific evidence for creationism because of their fear to test their ideas properly. They will not follow the scientific method:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

They won't construct a hypothesis and test it. No hypothesis means no evidence.

YoursTrue

So still no explanation from you as to what proof is or what evidence is?
This is in response to your accusation of me: You said, "I have a problem with you using terms that you do not understand. You do not understand what "proof" is or what evidence is. That is what I am trying to correct right now.

Now can you be honest and deal just with the scientific method right now?"

How can I deal with the scientific method you talk about, when you say I do not understand what proof or evidence is. So can you explain what proof or evidence is?

YoursTrue

ok, @sz: what proof or evidence supports the idea (hypothesis) that life came about in humans, birds, and apes by evolution?