• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts on Religion Timeline

Sees

Dragonslayer
I saw a link to this image within a YouTube video description, thought it would be pretty cool to share and discuss here. Part of me is saying it has been posted here before (if not multiple times) but I forget which thread/s if so. Anyways...

Does this seem accurate to you other than the estimated dating? Anything missing that you believe need be included based on its historical significance and can't be lumped in as is?

An interesting exercise - count how many listed had, or have, a known founder/key-figure in leadership.

blog_evolutionary_tree_of_religions.jpg

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
What is a bit odd...it is North American/Purple, yet Protestantism is not European/Green :D
You're right. Well, so much for the accuracy of that chart. :D I was actually thinking that it was neat that Mormonism didn't show up as having "evolved" from Christianity. I think the problem with the color-coding is that it does kind of make accuracy impossible.

David1967

Premium Member
I saw a link to this image within a YouTube video description, thought it would be pretty cool to share and discuss here. Part of me is saying it has been posted here before (if not multiple times) but I forget which thread/s if so. Anyways...

Does this seem accurate to you other than the estimated dating? Anything missing that you believe need be included based on its historical significance and can't be lumped in as is?

An interesting exercise - count how many listed had, or have, a known founder/key-figure in leadership.

Great. Thanks Sees! I'm going to print a copy of this.

Sees

Dragonslayer
The diversity is amazing, yet the answers are few.

I think it is a beautiful thing...but not sure if I'm understanding you correctly on the latter part. Answers are indeed few or answers which people have grasped/came up with, are few?

Skwim

Veteran Member
What is a bit odd...it is North American/Purple, yet Protestantism is not European/Green :D
I believe the area of ancient origin dictated the color. Protestantism and Catholicism are yellow because they sprung from Middle East religion(s). Labeled, "Middle East / Shamanism / 12,500 BCE."

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
..... Anything missing that you believe need be included based on its historical significance and can't be lumped in as is?

Peace be on you.
Ahmadiyya-Muslims began @ 1889. Their entry is missing [at least I cannot see that.]

Jumi

Some of the dates are arbitrary, either too late or too early. Otherwise this chart is pretty decent. Could be more connections there.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh, really. I did not check it that thoroughly. That requires a big correction, Euro-paganism and paganism all over the world.