• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts about love?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do you have any?

I was just visiting one of my favourite sites.

It has literally hundreds of quotes!

I don't necessarily agree with all these views but they may just lift your mood if you are anything like me - if there ARE any other people like me that is ... :)

Anyways, here they are - there's 6 full pages of them -

quotes, quotations and passages on love

If you fancy a more child-like view, try these kids thoughts -

Things People Said: Kids' Ideas About Love

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I absolutely LOVE reading. I have read many wonderful books over the past 30 years or so of my life's journey!

If I had to select one that has been of most benefit, it would be a book few people have heard of.

The book is "Emissary of Light" by James Twyman.

That book was the MOST effortless reading experience I have ever had! I would read 40 or 50 pages in what seemed like a few minutes.

It was in fact the first book I ever read that explained the experience of unconditional love.

Here is the section I am talking about - it literally gave me goose-bumps! -

"You, in your essence are the foundation of unconditional love. The water you give refreshes the whole universe, for you are not separate from one part of the universe but are intimately linked to all. Let your gift be free, then. Let it flow from you and wash over all those you see, all those who cross your path. Do not think that you cannot still have relationships that are more involved than others. Involvement has nothing to do with love. There will always be those in your life with whom you share the deeper pulse of your thoughts and those whom you do not. But the love you give is the same for each of them. It is but the recognition of the very same life of which you are continually reborn."

"Love is a knowing, a pure understanding. It knows that all things are whole, regardless of their appearance or delusion, and it gives itself wholly, without judgement, without recognizing the difference between this relationship or that. It understands that there is only one real relationship and it is the one we all share, the Self that is beyond the thought or the idea of Love, the holy encounter of life with life. The secret of unconditional love is that we are all the same, holy beyond imagination. This is what the release of fear reveals. This is what you are all looking for. And this is what you will find when you open your heart to every element of creation."

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Ann Albers -

You are nothing less than love itself. You are fashioned in the image and likeness of God, not in terms of your physical appearance, but in terms of your energy. You are made of pure love. Everything in you wishes to be the best and most loving person you can be. Everything in you wants to live in harmony with others. Everything in you wishes to create something more.

Unhappiness only arises when the flow of love is blocked. Anger, upset, and frustration arise when you block yourself from the experience and energy of love. Note that we say block yourself, for in truth you cannot control the world or anyone else in it. You can’t keep people from being unkind or unloving, but you can choose to love and care for yourself no matter what. You can choose to join others in their dance of anger, upset, and darkness, or you can choose to remain in your love, joy, and light.

Messages about love

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha is another great site -

love & relationships Archives - Tiny Buddha

"I learned that things don’t always turn out the way you planned, or the way you think they should. And I’ve learned that there are things that go wrong that don’t always get fixed or get put back together the way they were before. I’ve learned that some broken things stay broken, and I’ve learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people who love you."

~ Jennifer Weiner

"Be there. Be open. Be honest. Be kind. Be willing to listen, understand, accept, support, and forgive. This is what it means to love."

~ Lori Deschene

"Never define yourself by your relationship status, your income, or your looks. It’s your generosity, kindness, and compassion that counts."

~ Brigitte Nicole

"The world isn’t filled with ‘haters’ and ‘toxic people.’ It’s filled with people who are hurting and trying, ineffectively, to give themselves some relief. So distance yourself if you must, but try to do it with empathy, not judgment. The only cure for ‘haters’ is love, so try to show them more kindness than they showed you. This is how we can slowly make the world a more loving place."

~ Lori Deschene

You will find loads more quotes here -

Love Archives - Tiny Buddha

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Love one another and you will be happy - it's as simple and as difficult as that."

~ Michael Leunig

He's also a fair cartoonist with over 40 years experience. Not everyone's cup of tea but I am a fan -

Cartoons - Leunig

Also check-out the menus at top of page!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
motherteresa1.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the wisdom commons site -

"When it gets harder to love, let's love harder."

~ Van Jones

"Eliminate the concept of division by class, skills, race, income, and nationality. We are all equals with a common pulse to survive. Every human requires food and water. Every human has a dream and desire to be happy. Every human responds to love, suffering and pain. Every human bleeds the same color and occupies the same world. Let us recognize that we are all part of each other. We are all human. We are all one."

~ Suzy Kassem

"Love is a chemical reaction, but it cannot be fully understood or defined by science. And though a body cannot exist without a soul, it too cannot be fully understood or defined by science. Love is the most powerful form of energy, but science cannot decipher its elements. Yet the best cure for a sick soul is love, but even the most advanced physician cannot prescribe it as medicine."

~ Suzy Kassem

Quotes by Suzy Kassem

Enjoy your day!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Love" makes no sense. Some women I thought I'd maybe fall in love with I didn't, and the two I did fall in love with I cannot figure out why? Yes, I can tell you what I love about them, but some others had some similar characteristics.

So, I have concluded that love is not rational-- it's just is what it is.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Aroha in a person is an all-encompassing quality of goodness, expressed by love for people, land, birds and animals, fish and all living things. A person who has aroha for another expresses genuine concern towards them and acts with their welfare in mind, no matter what their state of health or wealth. It is the act of love that adds quality and meaning to life.

~ from "Native Wisdom for White Minds" by Anne Wison Schaef

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Love" makes no sense. Some women I thought I'd maybe fall in love with I didn't, and the two I did fall in love with I cannot figure out why? Yes, I can tell you what I love about them, but some others had some similar characteristics.

So, I have concluded that love is not rational-- it's just is what it is.

I don't think you are alone in reaching that conclusion!

Wishing you better luck!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From "The Mastery of Love" by Don Miguel Ruiz -

Today, Creator of the Universe, we ask that you help us to accept ourselves just the way we are, without judgement. Help us to accept our mind the way it is, with all our emotions, our hopes and dreams, our personality, our unique way of being. Help us to accept our body just the way it is, with all its beauty and perfection. Let the love we have for ourselves be so strong that we never again reject ourselves or sabotage our happiness, freedom, and love.

From now on, let every action, every reaction, every thought, every emotion, be based on love. Help us, Creator, to increase our self-love until the entire dream of our life is transformed, from fear and drama to love and joy. Let the power of our self-love be strong enough to break all the lies we were programmed to believe - all the lies that tell us we are not good enough, or strong enough, or intelligent enough, that we cannot make it. Let the power of our self-love be so strong that we no longer need to live our life according to other people's opinions. Let us trust ourselves completely to make the choices we must make. With our self-love, we are no longer afraid to face responsibility in our life or face any problems and resolve them as they arise. Whatever we want to accomplish, let it be done with the power of our self-love.

Starting today, help us to love ourselves so much that we never set up any circumstances that go against us. We can live our life being ourselves and not pretending to be someone else just to be accepted by other people. We no longer need other people to accept us or tell us how good we are because we know what we are. With the power of our self-love, let us enjoy what we see every time we look in the mirror. Let there be a big smile on our face that enhances our inner and outer beauty. Help us feel such intense self-love that we always enjoy our own presence.

Let us love ourselves without judgement, because when we judge, we carry blame and guilt, we have the need for punishment, and we lose the perspective of your love. Strengthen our will to forgive ourselves in this moment. Clean our minds of emotional poison and self-judgments so we can live in complete peace and love.

Let our self-love be the power that changes the dream of our life. With this new power in our hearts, the power of self-love, let us transform every relationship we have with ourselves. Help us to be free of any conflict with others. Let us be happy to share our time with our loved ones and to forgive them for any injustice we feel in our mind. Help us to love ourselves so much that we forgive anyone who has ever hurt us in our life.

Give us the courage to love our family and friends unconditionally, and to change our relationships in the most positive and loving way. Help us to create new channels of communication in our relationships so there is no war of control, there is no winner or loser. Together let us work as a team for love, for joy, for harmony.

Let our relationships with our family and friends be based on respect and joy so we no longer have the need to tell them how to think or how to be. Let our romantic relationship be the most wonderful relationship; let us feel joy every time we share ourselves with our partner. Help us to accept others just the way they are, without judgment, because when we reject them, we reject ourselves. When we reject ourselves, we reject You.

Today is a new beginning. Help us to start our life over beginning today with the power of self-love. Help us to enjoy our life, to enjoy our relationships, to explore life, to take risks, to be alive, and to no longer live in fear of love. let us open our heart to the love that is our birthright. Help us become Masters of Gratitude, Generosity, and Love so that we can enjoy all of your creations forever and ever. Amen.

The Mastery of Love Quotes by Miguel Ruiz

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Eknath Easwaran (1910 - 1999) is a favorite spiritual teacher of ours whose purview is a special blend of mysticism, the wisdom of all the world's religions, and everyday spirituality. This paperback is part of a three book series released together as "Classics of Christian Inspiration." His focus here is upon Thomas a Kempis who wrote The Imitation of Christ. Easwaran calls it "an entirely practical manual for sincere spiritual aspirants."

Easwaran begins with a meditation on Thomas a Kempis' sense of God as "a holy lover of my soul." The author finds the same spirit in a Bengali proverb that states that the Lord is always waiting for us with his arms open wide; for every step we take towards him, he takes seven towards us. In order to savor that grace Thomas a Kempis challenges us to naught ourselves, which means to reduce everything within us that is selfish and separate. Easwaran believes this process is helped by a regular practice of meditation which slows us down and trains us in one-pointed attention. Another benefit of this practice is that it can help us turn around anger and transform it into compassion.

Seeing with the Eyes of Love | Book Reviews | Books | Spirituality & Practice

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
True friends see who we really are, hear our words and the feelings behind them, hold us in the safe harbor of their embrace, and accept us as we are. Good friends mirror our best back to us, forgive us our worst, and believe we will evolve into wise, wacky, and wonderful old people. Dear friends give us their undivided attention, encourage us to laugh, and entice us into silliness. And we do the same for them. A true friend gives us the courage to be ourselves because he or she is with us always and in all ways. In the safety of such friendships, our hearts can fully open.

~ forgot 2 record the author?