• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts about Internet etiquette?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
When I first started posting in Internet discussions 20 years ago, there was widespread awareness of a standard of courtesy in Internet discussions. For example, most people’s idea of courtesy included respecting the intent of the person who started a thread. Those ideas of courtesy lost their popularity many years ago. Maybe they were on the way out even then. Unfortunately it took me five or ten years to realize that, possibly because those rules of courtesy were, and still are, part of the written rules of many forums. I might have learned my lesson now, but in the past, imagining that people would respect those rules often led to a lot of grief for me and for others. I’m curious to know if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Ayjaydee

I've seen people very upset by it
And obviously teenagers who have been talked into suicide by others deliberately have experienced a lack of proper internet behaviour