• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thought of the Day

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
huajiro said:
What do you have on your mind today?
Having seen the 'Testimonial' addition to RF, and then the Celebrating thread by mrs carderro, I feel full of love and joy - but then, that is the way I usually feel when I visit 'my family' on R.F:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I have a need to sit and pray...i need a good spiritual tune-up at the moment i think...i've been in this weird funk for the past week or so...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm concentrating on a quote from Mahatma Gandhi: My effort should never be to undermine another's faith but to make him a better follower of his own faith. How can I help the members of RF be stronger in their own beliefs?

Pah

Uber all member
To tell you the truth, I'm a bit depressed about the latest attempts in Virginia state politics about trashing Constitutional principles.

No*s

Captain Obvious
huajiro said:
What do you have on your mind today?

Like Jewscout, I'm feeling I should set aside some time today for some special prayer. I feel I've been too arrogant as of late, and it needs to be corrected.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Very much like Michel, feeling full of love and joy at the moment!

Am also concerned about lobsters, but will be doing some research to see if my suspicions are valid. (There will be a post explaining this, should this be so.)

Yerda

Veteran Member
I've just read on the BBC that the police are considering using a water cannon on us at the G8 (G7+1 or whatever) summit.

Nothing like being harassed by the cops when protesting.

My thought today: I closed my eyes today and wondered if what i saw when my eyes were open, is what is actually around me. Made me wonder. Is everything just imaginary? Are what are sense sensing just tangible effects of the imagination?

huajiro

Isis-Astoroth said:
My thought today: I closed my eyes today and wondered if what i saw when my eyes were open, is what is actually around me. Made me wonder. Is everything just imaginary? Are what are sense sensing just tangible effects of the imagination?
I swear to you that that happened to me yesterday at a parent-teacher conference at my son's school......it tripped me out.

I found it hard to concentrate afterwards, as if it weren't real.

Pah

Uber all member
FeathersinHair said:
Am also concerned about lobsters, but will be doing some research to see if my suspicions are valid. (There will be a post explaining this, should this be so.)
If you are worried about them screaming when you put them in a pot of boiling water - don't worry. I'm told if you hear that sound, it is gas escapeing.

The other common experiment has to do with the necessity of the bib. - I ask you, would you eat spaghetti wearing a white top?

Master Vigil

Well, I may be auditioning for a new reality show called "The Next Martial Arts Superstar." So on my mind is working out, working on my back flips, aerials, falls, butterfly twists, 720 roundkicks, etc... And perhaps taking an acting class next semester. I'm really excited, I'm also really excited for my meditation class I'm going to be teaching this semester. It starts in less than a month, YIPPEE!!!!!

M

Majikthise

I can't wait for work to pick up again,it's slow and boring.The New England boating season won't start up again for another couple of months and the boss is already pacing the shop floor.Thank goodness I have Yamaha outboard school in march,that will kill a week.Which reminds me ,Iv'e got to get off line at some point and finish my entrence tests.:banghead3 I guess it can't be all fun and games.

Unedited

My mind is stuffed up from a horrible cold, possibly bronchitis. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go to a doctor. Bleh, I hate doctors. Maybe that's why I decided to be one?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
NetDoc said:
My mind is a blank today... someone got a crayon??? :D
crayola_9s.jpg
I hope you can handle these crayons.
nut.gif

I am thinking about playing hookie from work but I can't because someone has to
make sure the clients have food and dinner on the table.
coolman.gif