• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thou shalt not kill

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
OK so the scientists that base anything off of any theory are nuts? Light theory cant be proven but we accept it as fact.

The scientists who call theories "facts" are not honest.

I don't understand how "light" can be a theory. It's been proven that light exists in waves. We can measure light waves and their effects on our eyes; such information has allowed us to utilize picture technologies in the ways that we have.

Archer

The scientists who call theories "facts" are not honest.

I don't understand how "light" can be a theory. It's been proven that light exists in waves. We can measure light waves and their effects on our eyes; such information has allowed us to utilize picture technologies in the ways that we have.

I could have been more clear "sorry". Nothing can travel faster than light thing. The speed of light can be manipulated, at least bent and stopped by a black hole.

I think this thread is too far OT due to me I guess, sorry.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I could have been more clear "sorry". Nothing can travel faster than light thing. The speed of light can be manipulated, at least bent and stopped by a black hole.

I think this thread is too far OT due to me I guess, sorry.

Ah, that. I don't know enough about that one to say whether or not it's considered a theory or fact.

However, I think the statement is: "nothing can accelerate to light speed."

Archer

Ah, that. I don't know enough about that one to say whether or not it's considered a theory or fact.

However, I think the statement is: "nothing can accelerate to light speed."

My last OT post: Acceleration is infinite in a vacuum I believe. We cant test this theory fully now can we? I mean the theory of expansion was brought out to explain things that could not be (countered the light theory) explained. If you are moving @ the speed of light and launch a projectile would it not move faster than light to the outside observer?

Our region of space has a specific density and there is a whole lot of mass (supposedly) that cant be accounted for. Why (considering light can bend and be stopped) do we assume that light moves @ the same rate throughout the universe.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Kill the lights!.............Sorry guys I got carried away with "Thou shalt not kill" and the light conversation.......:D

Might as well laugh our way through this thread......:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
My last OT post: Acceleration is infinite in a vacuum I believe. We cant test this theory fully now can we? I mean the theory of expansion was brought out to explain things that could not be (countered the light theory) explained. If you are moving @ the speed of light and launch a projectile would it not move faster than light to the outside observer?

Our region of space has a specific density and there is a whole lot of mass (supposedly) that cant be accounted for. Why (considering light can bend and be stopped) do we assume that light moves @ the same rate throughout the universe.

These are questions I cannot answer, as I am not an astronomer or astro-physicist.

Pacificus

Well acceleration can not be infinite if nothing can travel faster than light. 186,282 miles per second. And light travels just as fast in or out of vacuum.