• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thou art God!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I've posted this short essay of mine long ago on RF, but I think it might be more appreciated and get better responses in the Taoism sub-forum. I'm currently exploring Taoism myself, and there's a lot I like about this form of spirituality. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it, and since I'm hoping to develop it further and finish it, any thoughts, ideas, or constructive critiques you might have would be appreciated.

Thou art God.

Our time is to be abhorred, it fails the test of ultimate truth. Our history serves to imprison us in prisons built out of our ideas and misled actions. Fixed and frightened authority is arbitrary, and never to be trusted. Your own authority is to be especially distrusted.

I do not fit in. I have no home. No true "family". Doctrine is to be despised and held as active censorship of the free mind and deliberately manipulative by its nature. How can any place be mine? I belong to all locations and yet never stand on "my" ground.

I AM the beginning, the end; and know them not. I am part of everything, a sentient piece of the universe, actively experiencing itself. I am "God", you are "God", we are "God". Divinity is the essence of existence. All is sacred, so nothing really is.

Icons, finalities, enslaving histories forcing falsity upon us, and, yes, our own piteous and lacking fears, all of these are tools; tools constructed by a culture set to destroy everything of real value. A culture with a cancer, rotting from within, tainted by the sadistically dehumanizing nature of the very tools it uses to prop up meaningless and unexamined life.

All there is, to our limited consciousnesses, are frames of time doled out slowly, one at a time. All of these frames are a mere point, when examined through a lens capable of observing higher dimensions. All forms are part of infinity, all forms have strength - but in the end that which is, is void in "truth".

We are all "architects" of reality; creators of our own worlds. I worship the Flesh, for in actuality, I / we are the Flesh Made Word, the Matter Made Thought. I am a dark melody of chaos and order, a shadowed figure painted upon the heavens of dusk. I cannot know your "name", this is true.

But I know that despite all this, there are others who stand against the onslaught of a disturbed culture/society in a terrifyingly arbitrary universe. We do not stand alone. We are comrades in THOUGHT. Thus we are the greatest allies possible.

We will deny that which defiles the felt, present, immediate experience. And we will always stand firm, knowing that even in our ignorance of the true essence of our compatriot's minds, even in our failure to grasp the fullness of one another, we are acting in the only logical way possible. Even if we never meet, or our words mix poorly together, we are both philosophers of the true "God"; you, and me, and everything else you see.

In living, experiencing, sensing, and thinking, we have conquered our weaknesses and failings, dominated our worries, fears, and anxieties, and acquired freedom. Freedom to partake of the only truth in existence; the only crystalline and pure representations of reality. That which is produced by the "divinity" of the conscious self, and the intrinsic processing of experience.

The universe thinks. It thinks "I am." It is you.