• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who keep the Noachic Covenant.

Brian Schuh

Noahides refuse to commit the seven deadly sins. The seven deadly sins are not the same as the Roman Catholic deadly sins.

1. Idolatry
2. Blasphemy
3. Murder
4. Theft
5. Sexual immorality.
6. Cruelty to animals.(specifically in how one eats.)
7. Anarchy.

I guess Noahitism is the opposite of Satanism, as they like to commit the deadly sins. But I really can't speak for Satanism.

Also there are 5 principles of faith.

All people, Jew or Greek should learn this faith. Noahitism is not a way of life, it is s code of conduct. Once you learn the Seven Laws, move on with your life.

Brian Schuh

I told a Christian once to join a particular 12 step program. And she said that she already works the 12 steps because of her religion. She lost out. Same with the Seven Laws, Christians falsely believe they keep them, and they don't even know what it entails.

Brian Schuh

I am trying to reconcile the 5 principles of faith with Christianity's principles of faith, so I can become a Christian. Currently there are no Christian noahides.

There are two sanehedrins forming in Israel, one for Jews and one for Christians. Neither one is recognized, because only the Messiah can start a sanehedrin.

The "Sanehedrin of the Way" accepts Jesus as God, and everything that goes with that. They are trying to become Christian Jews. And I'm impressed with their effort, although they aren't legitimate. Help me with this.

MNoBody

it seems that since Noah was the root from which all people allegedly descended after the deluge, and Noah was the one who formed the covenant which was Olam, or perpetual, this includes all the descendants of Noah already, who would then be possible to consider as Noahide, or included in that contract[bris] regardless of their knowledge of this heritage or not.
the 'laws' are simple and the word 'law' isn't implying what english interpretation suggests, more like principles or suggestions, guidelines.
why seek to get a more complicated contract with your deity if the one you already have by birthright is enough to satisfy that deity.
have no other gods...and all that....
its been a while since I was involved with bnai noach ...i have grown some since then, but still value what I learned.....same with all the paths I have walked, they all play a part in ones journey to remembrance.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I guess I'll post my Noachide topics here.

Here is a Rabbi that tells the truth. Pay attention... (Calls the Noachide Community a scam, but also explains the real scam clearly)

Watch it? Think about if you can be a Noachide under a Rabbi now.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Did you watch it? No. OK, I'll help you. You only have to listen to a couple of minutes.

Skip to the 12 minute mark.

Hear that? Did you hear that? The souls of 20 THOUSAND Righteous Gentiles matters less than the soul of one Jew.
Who doesn't even want the Torah. Let that sink in. Want confirmation? Here's a recent post by R' Rueven's arch-nemesis:

R' Meza is no friend to Noachides. But he has explained the true meaning of the Tanya (that he references here) many times.

Think you can be a Noachide under a Rabbi now?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Noahides refuse to commit the seven deadly sins. The seven deadly sins are not the same as the Roman Catholic deadly sins.

1. Idolatry
2. Blasphemy
3. Murder
4. Theft
5. Sexual immorality.
7. Anarchy.

6. Why do you not mention eating blood? No matter how humanely the slaughter, blood is forbidden.

7. 'Anarchy' Yes and... No. You don't need a government. You need a court system.
Even if there is no government to enact laws, the Noachide laws still exist. A Noachide court, if no secular court exists.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Noachide Resources

The internet is full of info on Noachide Laws. Much of it for free. Do not be duped into buying a scam online course.

However, a book or two for your library might be handy. Buy one from before Noachideism became a fad and then scam.

Here's my recommendation, from 1987:

Path of the Righteous-Gentile

You can probably find it used, or even as a free ebook. Here's one such link:

Free PDF

(IDK if that's the right book, but just google it, there's many links)

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
The internet is full of info on Noachide Laws....

...But when you do search, you will inevitably find hate-filled fear-monger sites with dire warnings.
Three guesses what religion promotes these hate sites.
After all the lies and hate, these sites eventually will get around to warning about how...

'Thousands, (or) tens of thousands, (or) a MILLION GUILLOTINES have been stockpiled by the gov'ment.'

I kid you not. They always want to paint themselves as the martyrs. It's been thoroughly debunked, of course:

Fact Checking Guillotines

Besides, the whole claim is ludicrous. Whatever need would there be for so many expensive devices?
The Third Reich, which adopted it officially for criminal executions, only had 20 in the whole country.
The United States has never used them even once, and wouldn't need to; it's historical main method
has been the gallows. Rope is dirt cheap and plentiful. Utter nonsense, but of course they swallow it. :shrug:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Who is a Noahide?

Well, you are. Whether or not you believe it, agree with it, or have even heard of it.

Everyone is a Noahide, by definition. In the bible only Noah and his family survived.

So, that means YOU. Don't care? Reject it? You might not have much choice in the matter.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Who is a Noahide?

Well, you are. Whether or not you believe it, agree with it, or have even heard of it.

Everyone is a Noahide, by definition. In the bible only Noah and his family survived.

So, that means YOU. Don't care? Reject it? You might not have much choice in the matter.
Its not scary. The UN recognizes that all human beings have rights. The Jewish concept of a Noachide is the same thing but is from a much earlier time -- from the Bronze Age. To me its romantic that from such an early time somebody had the concept of universal brotherhood. In a period where the world was being cut up by little kings who called themselves gods or the descendants of gods, there was this new resistance forming. I like it.

But I take very seriously your warning about scammers. For what its worth: I've never had any Jewish person try to tell me I was a Noachide or that I needed to join a Noachide club or any such thing.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Pondering lately...

It seems to me, that Noachideism, especially my brand of Noachideism which is divorced from 'rabbi' and other 'clergy' authority,
is perfect for weak atheists and all spectrum of agnostics. Let me explain.

Belief.

Unimportant. Doubt, ...please go ahead and doubt. Doubt all you want. This is not a 'belief' system, it's a moral system.

Prayer.

Unimportant. Pray all you want, or don't pray at all. IMHO, the G-d will hear, but doesn't care. Certainly won't answer in any way.

Commandments, DO THIS OR ELSE!

Not really. The Noachide commandments are all negative, like 'Thou Shalt Not' kind of things. Even the last is actually negative, in fact.
Most deal with honesty and justice for your fellow human. Just 'do unto others...' in spirit, and often expressed in secular law codes.

So, why bother with this crap??

Well wouldn't it be just dandy if there does turn out to be a Final Judgement? No, not the ranting lunacy of apocalypse nuttery,
but just a final balance of justice? That would be good, that the evil get their just deserts? Don't be on the wrong end of the scales!
Here is a Pascal's Wager with no wasted time or effort if it fails. Win-win, you're a better human in the end, reward or not.

(Not that I expect anyone to see this, with the way the forum is now....)

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
This was in a DIR.

I guess Noachides aren't allowed to have a DIR.

Unwatching the thread.

Unwatching this forum.

I'm done here.

Last edited:

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW

1. Idolatry
2. Blasphemy
3. Murder
4. Theft
5. Sexual immorality.
7. Anarchy.

I guess Noahitism is the opposite of Satanism, as they like to commit the deadly sins. But I really can't speak for Satanism.

Also there are 5 principles of faith.

All people, Jew or Greek should learn this faith. Noahitism is not a way of life, it is s code of conduct. Once you learn the Seven Laws, move on with your life.
Apparently, you're not familiar with Satanism. Their own tenets are:

1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
4. The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
5. Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
6. People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.