• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who control our beliefs control our lives

Viker

Häxan
media-manipulation.jpg

Our beliefs are powerful beyond imagination: They influence our perception of reality, which in turn influences the way we live.
How to Stop the Media from Controlling Your Mind

Who controls your beliefs?
No one controls my beliefs. I do think others attempt to redirect them. Many make appeals for me to change them. The talking heads keep talking. The soapbox showmen keep showing. I don't buy any of it. I don't have a priest or minister to turn to. And I have no valid good book to crack open. My only guide is a machete to cut a path through the dense brush of the jungle. Well, and the sun, the wind and the stars.

I'm a difficult person to manipulate or sway. I'm proud of that. :p

Clara Tea

media-manipulation.jpg

Our beliefs are powerful beyond imagination: They influence our perception of reality, which in turn influences the way we live.

The Religious Right controls politics in America, and many have been "taken along for the ride." They don't believe in the same things that the Religious Right does, yet, they are paying for their agenda, and suffering the affects of their agenda.

The world (and USA) is a mess (pollution, global warming, homelessness, starvation, debt, wars, torture camps, etc).

Many of the problems were created during the religious rule of the Religious Right. The US went broke in 1988 because banks lent 125% of the value of homes, and foreclosed when home values plummeted, derivative investments (land on the stock market) plunged, and, since the stock market is tiny compared to the real estate market, stocks plummetted, and factories (rich with new tax breaks for the rich) could afford to move to brand new and updated facilities overseas to take advantage of cheap (but untrained) slave labor, and inferior materials. Detroit (car manufacturing capital of the world) is now a ghost town, and Ohio (manufacturing state) is now a ghost state. Blame the next president for everything was the motto, and Canadian Rush Limbaugh did exactly that.

Wars were created though the so-called enemies were US allies, not enemies. Haste and arrogance was used instead of diplomacy. This resulted in a million innocent Iraqis killed.

Though many were not of their religion, they watched in horror as the separation of church and state melted away, and schools almost succumbed to forced public prayers (to their Gods and their bibles).

Bystanders watched in horror as their nation was destroyed, and they were not of the same faith that destroyed it.

Clara Tea

A million and one persons. In no particular order: myself, all media I have ever even glimpsed, my mother, my family, random people of all sorts close to me, any news I see and read, all blogs I read, God, my Church, anyone I talk to about anything ever, my guardian angel, the demons, dead people who became influential organically or by a choice from certain people to promote them, the city planners/zoning folks, my genes, literally any and everyone involved with discovering knowledge about the world throughout all of history until now, even you yourself Nakosis.

I damn near want to say every person ever, every thing ever. All of these conspire to control and modify my reality, how I feel about things and respond to them, what thoughts are even possible for me to have, etc. They make up "the world" that I live in, think is real, etc. This all leads me to believe anything and everything that I believe about anything and everything. This will lead me to act as I do and lead the life I live.

We react to the world, but the world, being bigger, reacts far less to us.

Yet, every proposal starts as a tiny ripple in a pond made by a tiny voice of an under-qualified person. Every small person is a hero in his own right, especially if he speaks up for right and justice.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Knowledge my family mutual is human first.

Belief is coerced by the group behaviour.

Two groups proposed the behaviour in our past. Brothers bullies agreed.

Invention...the want of it. Civilization by status greedy separation. Not a belief it was an agreement.

First human bullies versus naturally spiritual innocent non bullies family.

Is our natural history. The answer what and why who and purpose.

Now separated family owns multiple inherited causes.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Belief. A sperm the man adults father identity theories about his life past.

A scientist.

Is a living human man from his sperm using O ovary to own a returned adult body.

Life's theory a personal thesis first for a scientist man adult goes back to his sperm.

Not a God. Not the original man human father either who only carried sperm. In his balls...
He lived as first man human not sperm.

Unlike all men today as humans.

The first ever human man father in scientific status is deceased and maybe just some cell micro biology now.

As men in science telling scientific human advice as highest intellectual advice of self a sperm man self.

Belief in science is.....Proven human choice. To choose a Topic and then coerce it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I rely on Fifteen and will never rely on other then that: God, Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, Ali, Mohammad, Jaffar, Musa, Ali, Mohammad, Ali, Hassan, Imam Mahdi.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
media-manipulation.jpg

For me personally, a very effective way to avoid manipulation is not to believe blindly but to question. I think questioning minds have a far better chance at avoiding being manipulated than those who blindly tag along. We need to learn to reflect, to think deeply not just make decisions based on popularity, emotion or the latest fad but on balanced and dispassionate reason and logic.

Another major obstacle that allows us to be very easily manipulated, is our base instincts. Media uses our base desires to manipulate us into buying their product. For example a lusty girl promoting a car or beer. Because many of us place our base instincts on an almost sacred pedestal, this makes it a no brainer to manipulate us. Just play to our baser instincts that’s all.

Greed plays to our lowest common denominators in order to manipulate. Sex, pleasure, entertainment are some of them which the media uses to exploits us.

sealchan

media-manipulation.jpg

Those who rejects beliefs of any kind also loose control of themselves.

One great fear that many people have is of not being "in control". For there to be control there must be a system of feedback between the controller and the controlled. Merely holding beliefs privately doesn't necessitate at all that someone else is receiving a benefit from that.

There is a middle ground that is unavoidable...no one is beyond being vulnerable to control. But control is often a word with a negative connotation which implies a lack of freedom.

Free will is useless without also a sense of control. Cooperation, or mutual agreements to share power through mutual controls, is the only way for people with free will to progress in their personal liberties in a free society.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
For me personally, a very effective way to avoid manipulation is not to believe blindly but to question. I think questioning minds have a far better chance at avoiding being manipulated than those who blindly tag along. We need to learn to reflect, to think deeply not just make decisions based on popularity, emotion or the latest fad but on balanced and dispassionate reason and logic.

Another major obstacle that allows us to be very easily manipulated, is our base instincts. Media uses our base desires to manipulate us into buying their product. For example a lusty girl promoting a car or beer. Because many of us place our base instincts on an almost sacred pedestal, this makes it a no brainer to manipulate us. Just play to our baser instincts that’s all.

Greed plays to our lowest common denominators in order to manipulate. Sex, pleasure, entertainment are some of them which the media uses to exploits us.
We should also look to different sources in the media, and look at all sides.

ecco

Veteran Member
I rely on Fifteen and will never rely on other then that: God, Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, Ali, Mohammad, Jaffar, Musa, Ali, Mohammad, Ali, Hassan, Imam Mahdi.
Who do you rely on when Fatima and Hussain and Jaffar disagree with one another?

How can you rely on God other than through the writings of Muhammed?