• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those contradicting Gospels!

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes they are good meditations and a lot of self reflection can be gained from those passages.

I see it talks of the power of Faith in transforming ourselves and in that process give power to others to enable change.

Regards Tony

Well these are one of the most affirmed forgeries. As you say they are good meditations and a lot of self reflection, which shows you can change anything, true or forgery into meditation and self reflection which shows you are imposing your intention onto the text, but not the other way around.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
"In part on the mythology of Genesis"
I have itemized how the first Genesis creation account accords in sequence of science events.

No, you have failed to do this. Genesis is based on ancient Syrian, Babylonian, and Canaanite Mythology. Your efforts only an effort to force fit the events of Genesis to fit your own agenda nd not science. The Genesis accounts have nothing to do with science. This offends me as a scientist.

But what offends the modern Western mind isn't so much Genesis, it's the Gospels and its
expectation of individuals.

Western Mind? approximately 40-50 percent of Americans believe in some form of literal Genesis. By far most are Christians and the Gospels do not offend them. The Gospels per say do not offend me. It is the rigid fundamentalist Christians that are offensive to me. and their agenda for America.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
..... I don't need stats to express my perceptions.
So............ irrelevant.

Then you should say genuinely "these are just my perceptions" but you didn't say that. You said :Many Muslims in the UK are becoming less interested in Islam, just as Christianity is falling away here.". Thats not saying "this is only my perception".

Thus what I said is absolutely relevant, and it shows you speak ambiguously and do not wish corrections so that's good to know about people. Cheers.

PruePhillip

No, you have failed to do this. Genesis is based on ancient Syrian, Babylonian, and Canaanite Mythology. Your efforts only an effort to force fit the events of Genesis to fit your own agenda nd not science. The Genesis accounts have nothing to do with science. This offends me as a scientist.

Western Mind? approximately 40-50 percent of Americans believe in some form of literal Genesis. By far most are Christians and the Gospels do not offend them. The Gospels per say do not offend me. It is the rigid fundamentalist Christians that are offensive to me. and their agenda for America.

Genesis 1
God created the heavens
and the earth

Witness is upon the earth...
the earth was dark
and wet
and sterile

The skies open
The continents rise to form solid land
Life appears on the land
and then in the seas

And finally man.

As a former science lecturer, I am fine with this.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well these are one of the most affirmed forgeries. As you say they are good meditations and a lot of self reflection, which shows you can change anything, true or forgery into meditation and self reflection which shows you are imposing your intention onto the text, but not the other way around.

I am happy for you to see it how you choose. It is not my intention I impose upon that text, it is the intent of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, that guides me to find the good in all things and the Baha'i writings confirm that the Bible contains that guidance.

Thus that is what I do, I look for the One God and the unity of all humanity as I read scripture.

Regards Tony

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Interesting thing is that the Gospel of Mark doesn’t really say that Jesus didn’t have disciples then. I think your “contradiction” is based on wild speculation/interpretation that has no solid ground.
Huh?
My post is based upon the exhibits shown, verses extracted from the KJV bible.
Have another look. :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The facts surrounding Jesus were historic.
Accounts, Prue.
The Accounts surrounding Jesus are in the bible.
What is historic or not needs much research.

[QUOTR]Currently reading the book 'Stalingrad' by A.Beevor. One boat of
new Soviet soldiers cross the Volga at night under fire. One soldier started to shake so his commander shot
him in the head and tossed him over the side of the boat. And Soviets shot many civilians trying to flee the city.
I feel a tad traumatized reading this last night. But is the book anti-German or anti-Soviet? [/QUOTE]
Analogies like the above, followed by rhetorical questions, cannot prove anything about the gospels, Prue.

Same with John, same with Luke. More good was said of Jews than bad as these were the people who saw in Jesus their Redeemer.
Christianity was a Jewish thing that Gentiles latched onto.
I have shown you countless verses where G-John tried to show that the enemies of Jesus were the Jewish people......... Like shows this only once, and Mark/Mathew never at all.

I have shown the exhibits.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Then you should say genuinely "these are just my perceptions" but you didn't say that. You said :Many Muslims in the UK are becoming less interested in Islam, just as Christianity is falling away here.". Thats not saying "this is only my perception".

Thus what I said is absolutely relevant, and it shows you speak ambiguously and do not wish corrections so that's good to know about people. Cheers.

When I next feel the need to prove anything to you, firedragon, you'll be the very first person to know.

I have become very close to many British Muslims in my working life, and can only remember two out of scores that said prayers at midday...... most were in to secular hobbies, decent cars, fashion, dating and British life. And that included the ladies, mate.

Your ideas about how I should post are irrelevant to my experiences and this thread.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am happy for you to see it how you choose. It is not my intention I impose upon that text, it is the intent of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, that guides me to find the good in all things and the Baha'i writings confirm that the Bible contains that guidance.

Thus that is what I do, I look for the One God and the unity of all humanity as I read scripture.

Regards Tony

But you see, the text I provided is not part of the Bible.

firedragon

Veteran Member
When I next feel the need to prove anything to you, firedragon, you'll be the very first person to know.

I have become very close to many British Muslims in my working life, and can only remember two out of scores that said prayers at midday...... most were in to secular hobbies, decent cars, fashion, dating and British life. And that included the ladies, mate.

Your ideas about how I should post are irrelevant to my experiences and this thread.

Excellent. But you didn't say it as a personal experience. I said that twice. Thats fine.

Cheers.

PruePhillip

Accounts, Prue.
The Accounts surrounding Jesus are in the bible.
What is historic or not needs much research.

[QUOTR]Currently reading the book 'Stalingrad' by A.Beevor. One boat of
new Soviet soldiers cross the Volga at night under fire. One soldier started to shake so his commander shot
him in the head and tossed him over the side of the boat. And Soviets shot many civilians trying to flee the city.
I feel a tad traumatized reading this last night. But is the book anti-German or anti-Soviet?
Analogies like the above, followed by rhetorical questions, cannot prove anything about the gospels, Prue.

I have shown you countless verses where G-John tried to show that the enemies of Jesus were the Jewish people......... Like shows this only once, and Mark/Mathew never at all.

I have shown the exhibits.[/QUOTE]

And I show the exhibits of pro-Jewish literature. From the Jewish Joseph and Mary through the
adoring Jewish crowds at Jesus' sermons and entry into Jerusalem to the love of the Jewish
disciples.

PruePhillip

Let's say 'the Western secular mind.'

firedragon

Veteran Member
Much like a Hadith then.

Regards Tony

Not relevant. Tu Quoque. I seriously did not expect that level of logical fallacy from you. Not only that, you are not even making a low or high level analogy. Most absurd statement, and intellectually dishonest statement one could make.

Respond with decent answers mate. Don't practice this kind of tactics.

Tsk.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not relevant. Tu Quoque. I seriously did not expect that level of logical fallacy from you. Not only that, you are not even making a low or high level analogy. Most absurd statement, and intellectually dishonest statement one could make.

Respond with decent answers mate. Don't practice this kind of tactics.

Tsk.

Do not take it too hard firedragon, I really just get sick and tired of the old the Bible is corrupted arguing. Personally I see It it pointless now. I do not see it will change any person's mind.

I decided tonight the best thing for me is to leave it alone. I will leave these threads to those that want to pursue such arguments

Thus, stay well, stay happy and maybe catch you for a chat another time.

I do enjoy a lot of your posts.

Regards Tony

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And I show the exhibits of pro-Jewish literature. From the Jewish Joseph and Mary through the
adoring Jewish crowds at Jesus' sermons and entry into Jerusalem to the love of the Jewish
disciples.

What? !!
You don't know much about Joseph or Mary..... for sure. There isn't that much written.

I can show that Jesus was loved by the crowds!
Big deal!

But not in The Apostle John's gospel I cannot!
John told us that the Jews hated Jesus, plotted against him, tried to trick him, wanted him dead.

I can see that the evidence already shown by me, all those verses, are dismissed by you, but they are there to show other readers as well.

So I'll say it again..... John's gospel was a major cause of Antisemitism for two thousand years.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I really just get sick and tired of the old the Bible is corrupted arguing. Personally I see It it pointless now.

I do not see it will change any person's mind.

I decided tonight the best thing for me is to leave it alone. I will leave these threads to those that want to pursue such arguments

Regards Tony

This is part of a post sent to another.

OK..... so leave it then, but there is good pirpose in showing that the gospels contradict each other. Very good.

In post 77 I explained why I'm doing this, it can help to support revionist and progressive beliefs that free people from sexual, racial and religious oppression, Tony. If you don't care for that then this ain't for you,.......... here is what I wrote in post 77:-

Whilst I don't mind which account might be true, this contradiction can help to show that the gospels are not the precise and divine words of God.

How does this help me? It hope that it could help me to debate more effectively in favour of the revisionist and progressive movements within Christianity which support the tenets of Love before bigotry, I suppose..... because I will soon need to be challenging the more hateful verses in this bunch of books which further the subjugation of women, execution of offenders especially children, sexism of any kind... and more. :)

Now that is worth debating for, Tony.....

firedragon

Veteran Member
Do not take it too hard firedragon, I really just get sick and tired of the old the Bible is corrupted arguing. Personally I see It it pointless now. I do not see it will change any person's mind.

Thus, stay well, stay happy and maybe catch you for a chat another time.

I do enjoy a lot of your posts.

Regards Tony

Sorry mate. I appreciate precise and honest responses.

Peace.