• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week on Celebrity Apprentice White House Edition

Who will Trump fire in next week's episode?

• Mike Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kellyanne Conway

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sarah Huckabee Sanders

• James Mattis

• Mike Pompeo

• Other (Who?)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Donald Trump has announced the latest firing from his staff since turning the Executive Branch into a Reality TV stunt. Rex Tillerson is out! (Is it just me, or is our president only good at firing people?)

Source: Trump ousts Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, replaces him with Mike Pompeo

Viewers we would like to know your thoughts. Please participate in our poll.

My money's on Pompeo getting the boot quick like Scaramucci ;)
I would expect Pompeo to last longer, mostly because he is a professional and he’s leaving a good gig to do this.

But dang, when I heard the news of Tillerson’s ousting, it caught me by surprise. I have no love for Tillerson— he was woefully unqualified and was overseeing the gutting of the State Dept— but he did seem to be a voice of calm and reason. And now his firing adds to the chaos and upheaval. Right before the N. Korea talks too.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It seems that Trump is aiming for a cabinet that consists of nothing but mindless yes men, which I think is great, because the less people he has around to stop him from doing or saying something stupid, the better. It helps to expedite the end to this debacle.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Donald Trump has announced the latest firing from his staff since turning the Executive Branch into a Reality TV stunt. Rex Tillerson is out! (Is it just me, or is our president only good at firing people?)

Source: Trump ousts Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, replaces him with Mike Pompeo

Viewers we would like to know your thoughts. Please participate in our poll.

My money's on Pompeo getting the boot quick like Scaramucci ;)
My fingers are crossed for Ms. DeVos.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Of the bigger boys and girls, I think McMaster is likely next. Of all the boys and girls in the administration, I believe that there were around six who were fired or resigned yesterday.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
For some perspective, at 13 months in office, Trump has already seen higher turnover in his top staff positions than any of his 4 predecessors had at 2 years. Source

Trump reportedly likes chaos and conflict, but it’s hard to see how that is a beneficial thing when you are running a country.

My money is on Chief of Staff Kelly being the next big name to get the axe. He seems like the sort of guy willing to say “No.” and I don’t see Trump as the sort of guy who can handle that for long.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
My fingers are crossed for Ms. DeVos.

He won't fire DeVos because the Republican establishment wants her there. Trump talks a big talk of defying the establishment, but in the end he always caves like on the NRA or the Dreamers bill.

All the people the GOP establishment want there like DeVos and Sessions are safe unless they quit.

Curious George

Veteran Member
He won't fire DeVos because the Republican establishment wants her there. Trump talks a big talk of defying the establishment, but in the end he always caves like on the NRA or the Dreamers bill.

All the people the GOP establishment want there like DeVos and Sessions are safe unless they quit.
No, but it was poetic and she should not be there.

Besides didn't he already fire someone for not sticking to the right narrative about Tillerson?

Bob the Unbeliever

Sadly, the tRump cannot fire the VP for cause. That takes a literal act of Congress, and in spite of the fact that most in Congress utterly despise Pence? They are unlikely to remove him without having his peccadilloes literally paraded on national TV to the point they can no longer be ignored.

But in his own way, Pence is just as corrupt and morally bankrupt as the tRump. It's just that The Don is so flamboyant in his odious personal habits, his antics eclipses Pence's.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I wish I had lost as Bolton is about as reckless as they come, such as when he has stated that we should attack North Korea and Iran and even Cuba.

And some here at RF "thought" that Hillary is more the "war-monger". R-I-G-H-T

BTW, I think Kelly could be the next biggy to go.
Bolton is definitely not the person I would like between Trump and the nuclear button.

Just last February he wrote an op-ed in the WSJ making a case for a pre-emptive attack on N. Korea.

As for the pre-election claims that DJT was a “dove” compared to Clinton, they weren’t based on fact even then. Trump proposed war-crimes for heaven’s sake, when he said we should go after the families of terrorists.

As for now, Trump’s bellicose stances and advisor picks should make it abundantly clear that their bet on Trump was a bust. It’s clear that Trump has no qualms about starting wars.

pearl

I feel we are getting closer to that 'Constitutional crisis.'

Between Bolton and Gina Haspel we're in for a rough ride.

"Gina Haspel was a central figure in one of the most illegal and shameful chapters in modern American history," said Ander. "She was up to her eyeballs in torture, both in running a secret torture prison in Thailand and carrying out an order to cover up torture crimes by destroying videotapes.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/haspel-woman-nominated-head-cia-controversial-black-sites/story?id=53708872

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As for the pre-election claims that DJT was a “dove” compared to Clinton, they weren’t based on fact even then. Trump proposed war-crimes for heaven’s sake, when he said we should go after the families of terrorists.

And, according to former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough, when Trump was being prepped for debating Hillary by a defense expert, Trump supposedly asked him three times that if we have nuclear weapons why aren't we using them?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As for the pre-election claims that DJT was a “dove” compared to Clinton, they weren’t based on fact even then.
Methinks you misremember.
I don't recall anyone thinking he was a dove.
Twas only that Hilda had a demonstrable record of being a
hawk, while Trump was merely a recordless loose cannon.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Methinks you misremember.
I don't recall anyone thinking he was a dove.
Twas only that Hilda had a demonstrable record of being a
hawk, while Trump was merely a recordless loose cannon.
Hilda was also on record as being a restrained stateswoman.

Our differences in judgement aside, do you have any buyer’s remorse, concerning Trump’s bellicosity and the staff he’s assembling?

(As for Dovey Donald, there was the NYT article “Donald the Dove, Hillary the Hawk.” Perhaps the alliteration was too much to resist.)