• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Unity Plan Is a Smart Strategy for Democrats

joe1776

Whether the Democratic nominee turns out to be a progressive or a moderate, he or she should immediately announce the VP choice and the intent to form a cabinet comprised of 50% moderates and 50% progressives even including a Republican or two. Offers would be made to Sanders, Warren, Biden, Mayor Pete, Klobuchar, Yang, Romney, Harris, AOC and Booker.

Each of these people have built up followings in the course of several televised debates.

The idea presented in an article from the NY Times:
Opinion | Dems, Want to Defeat Trump? Form a Team of Rivals

Last edited:

joe1776

Obama had many people from both parties in his admin.
Other presidents have done it. However, I can't recall it ever being used as a strategy to win an election.

Unity is a big factor for Dems in this election since the party is so equally divided on ideology.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That sounds like an interesting idea. The more of a contrast that the Democrats can do with the current regime in power in Washington, the better.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Other presidents have done it. However, I can't recall it ever being used as a strategy to win an election.

Unity is a big factor for Dems in this election since the party is so equally divided on ideology.
I wouldn't really say the party is divided on ideology. What we're seeing is more progressives than moderates for the first time in the party history. The DNC (a private company) can nitpick all they want about who should be the nominee or not.
I consider myself a moderate democrat, but I agree with lot's of Bernie's policies.

joe1776

I wouldn't really say the party is divided on ideology. What we're seeing is more progressives than moderates for the first time in the party history. The DNC (a private company) can nitpick all they want about who should be the nominee or not.
I consider myself a moderate democrat, but I agree with lot's of Bernie's policies.
I'm decidedly progressive. I've been pulling for a Warren/ Sanders or a Sanders/ Warren ticket but the Democrats need to hold the House and take the Senate in order to get policies changed -- and for that, unity is paramount.

Medicare for All is the signature piece of legislation. If Dems can get it passed and it saves citizens money, as it should, other progressive policies will be easier to pass.

Last edited: