• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Post Deserves its own Thread

A

A. Leaf

Below is a lovely written post by PureX, I believe it states how a lot of us believers feel deep down in our hearts, souls and minds when we look around, even the Thread created by our Michel that the post below is in, deserves full respect and admiration for honesty. I hope Pure X, Michel and the Moderators on RF down mind me putting this as a thread as Pure X has written a piece of Literature that is worthy of a frame and should be hanging in the Tate gallery. I wonder if others can match it.

original Thread by Michel: Putting the world to rights ...

The PueX Post:

The only solution that I know of is to try and eliminate it within ourselves. And then "shun it" in others. If it persists, then we'll have to fight against it. But if we try to fight against it within a society of people who haven't even tried to eliminate it within themselves, the fight will be hopeless. Then it's time to move to somewhere else, and find another society to live in.

It seems like the dominance of greed and stupidity among human societies is cyclical. It ebbs and flows like the tides. Perhaps a wise man is one who has learned to recognize whether it's ebbing or flowing, and can move to position himself to avoid the worst of it. That would not describe many of us, though.

For myself, as I watch my country slowly fall apart under the weight of it's own greed and stupidity, I brace myself for the collapse by lightening my burdens and responsibilities, and by trying to become more efficient and self-sufficient. The less I have, the less I need. The less I have, the less attention I attract of the many sharks that now feed off the American people. But the direction is clear, and more and more sharks enter the waters every day. Even tiny morsels like me can't hide from them forever. They will never get enough no matter how much we give up. Sooner or later they will devour me, and then eventually they will finally begin to devour each other. This is the way greed and stupidity always end. And when the feeding frenzy is over, people will be able to live free and happy again, for a while, until the sharks begin to grow to full size again, and begin to multiply, and the frenzy of greed and stupidity begins all over again.

This is the endless plight of mankind: to struggle with our own greed and stupidity.

The End.

Your credit to the people of the united states, just like Michel Moore as I have stated to you before.