1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Might Seem Unbelievable but...

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Sum of Awe, Mar 3, 2013.

1. The Sum of Awe

The Sum of Awe Realitarian

Religion:
    Stoicism
    I beat the whole Portal 2 game without any walkthroughs. Obviously, others have done so in order to make the walkthroughs, but it just feels like such an accomplishment.

I did miss an achievement, but ah well, I might play it again some other time.

2. Riverwolf

Riverwolf Persona Polytheist / Proud Ergi Staff Member Premium Member

Religion:
    Old Way Made New
    Congrats.

I did as well. I hardly ever use walkthroughs anymore. However, I was SORELY tempted at several points. ^_^

3. The Sum of Awe

Religion:
    Stoicism
    Yeah same, especially when it's a puzzle game, but when I do find a walkthrough for one level I totally become dependent on them.

4. 9Westy9

9Westy9 Sceptic Staff Member Premium Member

Religion:
    Apathetic Agnostic
    I use a walkthrough occasionally. Sometimes I end up saying "How did I not think of that" and at others saying "How on earth was I supposed to think of that". Both of which are extremely irritating :p

5. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Well-Known Member

Walkthroughs defeat the purpose of playing when it comes to puzzle games.

6. The Sum of Awe

Religion:
    Stoicism
    That's true, but it's really really tempting at times :p

There were even times where the levels were fairly easy but I didn't know where to go after that :p

7. Riverwolf

Riverwolf Persona Polytheist / Proud Ergi Staff Member Premium Member

Religion:
    Old Way Made New
    I fully confess that the first time I played Myst, I used a walkthrough.

Luckily, it was only once, and I deliberately avoided the game for years, so that on my next playthrough, I'll forget the solutions and be able to play legit.

8. Kerr

Kerr Well-Known Member

I dont think I used any walkthroughs. And its definately an awesome game that should be beaten that way :).

EDIT:

I have a confession, though. Sometimes my brain stopped working and I spent like 40 minutes on a rather trivial puzzle :p.

9. Kerr

Kerr Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I wouldnt say its wrong to use them if you just cant get passed a specific part. And I do not just mean in 10 minutes, I mean you have really, really tried but just cannot figure it out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted