• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This may come as a surprise, but Jesus could not speak English.

royol

English had not been 'Invented' when Jesus was alive, so he did not speak English,
when the Bible quotes Jesus, it is a rough translation of what he said not the actual words he said, so please do not hear Jesus when you hear the words, sorry.... you hear whoever you like, it is not my place to tell you who you should hear, hear George W if you like.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Even more shocking, his actual name wasn't Jesus!

When will these faith-shattering revelations cease? ;)

Linus

Neither did Paul, nor John, nor Peter. Nor anyone within either the Old or New Testaments for that matter. What is you point?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
OMG NO WAY!

Next thing you're going to tell me is that he wasn't white either!!!111!!!!one1!

Ody

MaddLlama said:
Next thing you're going to tell me is that he wasn't white either!!!111!!!!one1!

We all know he was african ;)

Didn't you see the music video? :p

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
English had not been 'Invented' when Jesus was alive, so he did not speak English,
when the Bible quotes Jesus, it is a rough translation of what he said not the actual words he said, so please do not hear Jesus when you hear the words, sorry.... you hear whoever you like, it is not my place to tell you who you should hear, hear George W if you like.

Isn't that amazing?:cool: He spoke Aramaic/Hebrew, and guess what, His name wasn't even Jesus, it was Yeshua. How about that.....this isn't all that knew Royol. You didn't stun a single person except yourself.

Matt88

Wow, I never knew this faith-shattering conclusion! People telling me the Earth was round is nothing compared to this!

royol

evearael said:
What do you wish to debate?

The point I am trying to make, and what I would like to discuss is,
I maintain, that what is written in the bible and taken so seriously by all believers,
is not what actually happened, the words attributed to everyone is not what
they actually said, people use quotes from people in the bible as if they are the
very words they used.
I know that you know they did not speak English, had they, we may have been able to quote what they had said, but how many times has it been translated?
The way the bible is used so literally is wrong, very wrong, it is a guide, nothing more.

Bishka

Veteran Member
royol said:
The point I am trying to make, and what I would like to discuss is,
I maintain, that what is written in the bible and taken so seriously by all believers,
is not what actually happened,

Explaini what you mean by this.

royol said:
, but how many times has it been translated?

Several, but so has various other non-religious texts, the American consitution, and other things, that doesn't make them any less valid.

royol said:
The way the bible is used so literally is wrong, very wrong, it is a guide, nothing more.

Yes, it is a guide. Wow, how about that, you finally got something right.:eek:

Mystic-als

royol - you're right about the bible being a guide. But this doesn't detract from it's affect on my life and others here at RF.

Jesus wasn't white???? Can't be true! When will it stop? All these lies? ;)

nutshell

Come on, people. Lets play nice. Royol has a good point that could turn into an interesting discussion if we weren't acting so high and mighty...

After all, what would Jesus say if he came down her and read these sarcastic posts???

???

Umm....

Wait a minute....

If he didn't speak English could he read it????

And if he did say something would we understand it!!!???

:thud: :thud: :thud:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
beckysoup61 said:
Well He is the Son of God and all-powerful, so I'd say, yes.

But would he go to this site in the first place?
I'd say he has tons of other things to do than going to site who needs his help the least. ;)