• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is why i do not hate Islam or Muslims

Cooky

Veteran Member
What others see in this two verses will be different from my view i know
Personally i do not see this two verses as literary, they are metaphor for those who do not follow the teaching will not be able to gain the ultimate in Islam they will not find wisdom. Only those who follow and are true to the teaching will see the wisdom.
By the way that count for any religious/spiritual path.

The verses does not speak of actually killing or cutting of people it means spiritually one must follow the teaching to see the truth.
But many people also some muslims do not see this because they do not understand or follow the teaching correctly.

What makes you think your metaphoric interpretation is correct, and the literal interpretation wrong?

What if the literal interpretation is the right one, then what?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What makes you think your metaphoric interpretation is correct, and the literal interpretation wrong?
I do not claiming to hold the full truth, but by searching for answers the clue that the Qu`ran speading of directly physical waror harming people does not ring clear to me, when we know that every religion is trying to get people to become filled with wisdom of how to be morally good toward each others. So based on this physically killing or harming others does not seem to be the correct aswer if one want to gain wisdom of morality.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I do not claiming to hold the full truth, but by searching for answers the clue that the Qu`ran speading of directly physical waror harming people does not ring clear to me, when we know that every religion is trying to get people to become filled with wisdom of how to be morally good toward each others. So based on this physically killing or harming others does not seem to be the correct aswer if one want to gain wisdom of morality.

But we don't know that every religion is: 'trying to get people to become filled with wisdom of how to be morally good toward each others".

...We only *wish* they were. And wishing for something doesn't make it come true unfortunately. And we have to understand that.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I really do wish everything could be just perfect too.

...But there are problems that can't be fixed. That's a part of reality that becomes realized in time.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But we don't know that every religion is: 'trying to get people to become filled with wisdom of how to be morally good toward each others".

...We only *wish* they were. And wishing for something doesn't make it come true unfortunately. And we have to understand that.
When we read the different scriptures of teachigs that is the basis of religion we see that something that always come up is the part of gaining higher form of moral stadard. So it is not a guess work to know morality is basis of religious practice.
But each person who begin on the spiritual practice will experience oth truth and moral in different ways. we will not see things totally clear or similar to others. and if we are exposed to lesser morality "killing" "stealing" " wars" and so on, then it can be difficult to see the truth of the teaching. And i would think (without knowing for a fact) that this is something that has happend in some parts of Islam, where some etremists does not seethe truth in a moral way they see it only from a ego where they are not seeing that others may hold the truth too. And when they get corrected they would kill without thinking. But of course i could be wrong here.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I really do wish everything could be just perfect too.

...But there are problems that can't be fixed. That's a part of reality that becomes proven in time.
There are those who do not wish to "fix" the situation yes, and a few who do not wish the world to become worse then it is, but working toward getting people to see the downfall of humanity if we continue on the decline of morality and compassion for others.

Cooky

Veteran Member
When we read the different scriptures of teachigs that is the basis of religion we see that something that always come up is the part of gaiig higher form of moral stadard. So it is not a guess work to know morality is basis of religious practice.
But each person who begin on the spiritual practice will experience oth truth and moral in different ways. we will not see things totally clear or similar to others. and if we are exposed to lesser morality "killing" "stealing" " wars" and so on, then it can be difficult to see the truth of the teaching. And i would think (without knowing for a fact) that this is something that has happend in some parts of Islam, where some etremists does not seethe truth in a moral way they see it only from a ego where they are not seeing that others may hold the truth too. And when they get corrected they would kill without thinking. But of course i could be wrong here.

I agree with you on the ego.

Shad

Veteran Member
The following article will describe how true Islam does work and how you can find Muslims who are true muslims and not wannabe terrorists.
I add this article because there has been so much negative toward muslims in this forum and since i personally have nothing against Islam i found it good to share this. It talk about what Islam actually was and still is used for.

30 Facts About Islam

The Topkapi manuscript is from the 8th century not 7th.

Jihad has been used for Holy War for centuries.

MikeDwight

May I just ask if the OP is supposed to be some sort of Matthew Mccauneheaga Matthew McConaughey exploring Islam? Man if Islam were My Country Tis of Thee I'd start a parade float.

th