• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is wack, please help.

SoulTYPE

Now before I start my piece, this is NOT a "poorme" post and if a moderator wishes to warn me, then go for it, doesn't really matter. Hell, I will ban myself.

I bought a Javascript book from the bookstore. It was pretty expensive, but as they had only one I thought I may as well buy it before it went. Anyways, I went home, and put it near the tv in the living room.

I woke up the next arvo to find it gone. I asked my mom and dad if they had seen it. My dad got jumpy all of a sudden and said "I've been looking for your stupid book all day.
I haven't seen it, I've got better things to do than look for your bloody book."

I spent hours searching the house for it, no, couldn't find it. I even asked a mate who stayed overnight if he had seen it (he was there when I bought it so it knows what it looks like), and then he said "Oh, I saw your dad take it with him when they went to Coles" (supermarket)...hmmm..

Coincidentally, I looked in the car window to see if he left it in there. There it was..with pages ripped out....

Now, why does my dad claim that he "never seen it", but then I find it in his car ripped up? This isn't the first time he has done things like this, I mean he has hidden a lot of my stuff, just to annoy me, BUT this time, it was something expensive. And hard to replace.

The price of the book was on the front cover, so he would have seen it. Why do something like this? No respect? Something I wanted for a long time, I get it and it is destroyed.

What can I do about my dads behaviour (I can't afford the $ to move out just yet, anyways it doesn't give him the right to do that bull****.)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sounds like your dad has untreated mental or emotional problems. That just ain't normal behavior.

SoulTYPE

But he does not do these things to my two sisters.

And thankyou SS for replying:) Why not have 100 coins.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Eventhough he doesn't do these things to your two sisters, the fact he does them to you would seem to indicate that he has some sort of mental or emotional problem. His behavior is irrational.

SoulTYPE

He did the same with my fan heater. He tends to hide it alot or cut the plug on it(coincidentally always during winter), he turns my pc off for no reason, he even has hid my mail.

Circle_One

I tend to agree with Sunstone. That is really irrational behavior. Have you confronted him about it?

SoulTYPE

Talking to my dad about his problems is like, um, well virtually impossible. Those that shall not listen cannot be spoken to.

Circle_One

Those that shall not listen cannot be spoken to.
My father is pretty much the same way. Hmmm..the only other thing I can think of is to get a lock for your bedroom door (if that is possible) and try not to leave your things lying around the rest of the house.

Fluffy

A fool
One of my friends is picked upon like this by her parents whilst her 4 other siblings (at least from her point of view) are not. Generally I would put it down to your dad having a bad day and wanting to take it out on someone. Doesn't justify it but it is easier to understand. However, what your dad is doing seems to be very petty... not the sort of actions which one would do in order to relieve anger.

I don't know about your relationship with your dad other than this so it is difficult to judge how big a problem this is. If you are on generally good terms with him then I would confront him about it. If your not then it might just be better to hide things which mean a lot to you or just dont act like they are important to you so that your dad doesnt see any reason to damage them.

SoulTYPE

I do have a lock on my room and he told me off about it. And I keep everything of mine (99% of it) in this room.

LOL my room is a branch of computers almost.

Circle_One

Is the lock on the inside or outside of your room. I remember when I was living at home, my father had a tendency to go in my room when I wasn't there, look through my things, steal money he found, play on my computer (and mess it up) and just do things in there that generally annoyed me. When I got a lock, he complained about it, so I switched it for a lock that was on the outside, explaining it was just so I could lock the door when I wasn't home, not so I could lock myself in there and "do things I shouldn't be doing" in my parents eyes. That kind of calmed him down, but he still tried to break in many times.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think you're are best off getting yourself out of your parent's house as soon as possible, SoulType. Maybe that should be the goal you work for in the coming year. I don't see your father's behavior notably improving without his getting himself into a psychiatrist's office, and from everything you've said about him, it seems unlikely that he will. Therefore, you should work towards getting yourself out of that house.

SoulTYPE

Actually, when I was younger, my family DID go to counselling. I don't think any of us agreed with what the dude said, my dad the most.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I tend to believe that some problems require a combination of counseling and proper medication. The medication can be crucial.

SoulTYPE

So did I. I used to draw minotaurs and color them in.

Anyways, it seems once my dad gets an idea, it cannot be removed. Last week the Microwave stopped working - guess who he blamed. I know it was him cos I saw it happen when he was using it.

Circle_One

SoulTYPE01 said:
So did I. I used to draw minotaurs and color them in.
Hmm...I don't remember what I used to draw. Probably some kind of murder scene depicting me killing my older brothers. *Grumbles* Stupid brothers.

Anyways, it seems once my dad gets an idea, it cannot be removed. Last week the Microwave stopped working - guess who he blamed. I know it was him cos I saw it happen when he was using it.
My father is the same way. Everything is everyone else's fault and everything must revolve around him. If it doesn't, all hell breaks loose.

Circle_One

You know, I'm the first to admit that girls are evil, but for the most part, we're not that hard to understand.

Fluffy

A fool
Im just finishing my councilling (only 2 sessions left :)). I didnt get to colour in any pictures though :(.

It must be really frustrating for you to have things blamed on you when they are not your fault. There are only 3 ways to deal with a problem though: Solve it (the best one) but it sounds like you feel like you have tried everything, Remove it (not really ideal) like by moving out and to another country perhaps :), Live with it and distract yourself with other things. The easiest one is the latter and one which I do a lot. Just remember that anything your dad does is because of his own problems and have nothing to do with you in their cause.