• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is so beautiful. A chapter for Christians.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
Isaiah 53:1 (KJV)
I love verse 4 which says He has born our griefs, and carried our sorrows. I've had griefs and sorrows, so I remain gratefully in love with Yeshua Jesus. I have trouble understanding the verse that says in Him was found no beauty nor comliness, for to me, Yeshua Jesus has a beautiful heart. I have tried to ujnderstand that verse, but no matter how many times someone tries to explain it to me, I stumble over the meaning. Is there anyone willing to read this chapter, pray, and explain it to me?

InChrist

Free4ever
I love verse 4 which says He has born our griefs, and carried our sorrows. I've had griefs and sorrows, so I remain gratefully in love with Yeshua Jesus. I have trouble understanding the verse that says in Him was found no beauty nor comliness, for to me, Yeshua Jesus has a beautiful heart. I have tried to ujnderstand that verse, but no matter how many times someone tries to explain it to me, I stumble over the meaning. Is there anyone willing to read this chapter, pray, and explain it to me?
I don't know for sure, but I think it means that while Christ was in the flesh He may not have been considered handsome or attractive according to worldly standards.

whirlingmerc

I don't know for sure, but I think it means that while Christ was in the flesh He may not have been considered handsome or attractive according to worldly standards.

It is also part of a set of statements saying he will be rejected (about 7 times various ways)
but yes. He is not attractive because of his looks but because of his character and who he is

"Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed"?
not the people one might expect, but often the most unlikely

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The above citation is not in reference to Jesus but can very much be applied to Jesus.

I have trouble understanding the verse that says in Him was found no beauty nor comliness, for to me, Yeshua Jesus has a beautiful heart. I have tried to ujnderstand that verse, but no matter how many times someone tries to explain it to me, I stumble over the meaning. Is there anyone willing to read this chapter, pray, and explain it to me?

The verse you mention, Isaiah 53:2, probably refers not to Christ's outward appearance (which probably was handsome) but his circumstances. Jesus came from a humble background, he was born of poor parents, worked a trade, lived in a town out of which by repute nothing good was going to come, and didn't seem ostensibly likely to be 'great' or majestic. Many Jewish people expected the Messiah to be a great high-born prince decked in pomp and splendour to deliver them from the yoke of Rome. Yet Jesus, who came from such lowly origins, was in reality the only true son of the one God, just as Isaiah predicted.

whirlingmerc

The way I see it, Isaiah starts the same as the song of Moses which is about future falling away of Israel from God in their hearts 'Listen oh heavens and hear oh earth for the Lord speaks'

Isaiah is seen as sinful with sinful lips and living with a sinful people in Isaiah 6 when seeing a vision of God the high and lifted up one on the throne and a hardening described

The High and lifted up one is seen in Isaiah 52 again, this time sprinting nations, instead of Isaiah's mouth shut it is now the mouth of Kings in his sacrificial work

and the high and lifted up one is seen in Isaiah 57 but this time dwelling with the contrite and penitent. He is opening mouths not made pure and with them

The high and lifted up one was Jesus all along who brings people from sinner to holy

whirlingmerc

The above citation is not in reference to Jesus but can very much be applied to Jesus.
'
Interestingly in Acts Isaiah 49 is the church. I think you can take this as the church in Christ, so there is a way to look at it as Christ, the church in Christ and the spiritual Israel

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
'
Interestingly in Acts Isaiah 49 is the church. I think you can take this as the church in Christ, so there is a way to look at it as Christ, the church in Christ and the spiritual Israel
Yes, and this is the circular approach that the Bible uses a lot. In "Jerome's Bible Commentary" (Catholic), for example, it ways that the Isaiah citations do not directly apply to Jesus but "prefigures" him by setting up that general model.

sooda

Veteran Member

When he uses "Israel," he means Judah-Uzziah who was a Judaic king. In the verse below, Israel is defined as Yahweh's servant.

3And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified." (Isa. 49:3)

He was disfigured by leprosy and cut off.

Leviticus describes leprosy as an affliction.

Isaiah's Suffering Servant

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

It is talking about this world's assessment of external appearances, which hasn't a clue about the inner glory of God. That same glory is in everyone but most are not aware. Your body is a temple of God, look within with all your heart, soul, and mind and be transformed. Perhaps you presently are not aware of what and who you really are? Of course this mission is not a conceptual intellectual one, it is really real, I mean the real represented by the concept of real. The straight path is very difficult though, and there are many trials and tribulations.