• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is sickening

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
sorry for the late reply I wasnt online. Even if they wanted to help her they shouldnt have peppered sprayed her. She is a child her emotional abilities arent that of an adult's you cant expect her to behave like one.I dont know what her dad had to say
I can't imagine what the police go through. I was brought up to not get in trouble. Sometimes I did, but if I saw someone stronger than myself, if they challenged me, I would have tried to stay out the way. I have a good friend that teaches autistic children in public school. They are often uncontrollable. Understandably many parents like it when they leave their troubled children with others. Meantime, these children can hit, threaten others but the teachers must not retaliate. I wouldn't take a job like that.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I can't imagine what the police go through. I was brought up to not get in trouble. Sometimes I did, but if I saw someone stronger than myself, if they challenged me, I would have tried to stay out of trouble. I have a good friend that teaches autistic children in public school. They are often uncontrollable. Understandably many parents like it when they leave their troubled children with others. Meantime, these children can hit, threaten others but the teachers must not retaliate. I wouldn't take a job like that.
There is so much to unpack there but I can't get into it I dont have the energy.

VoidCat

I understand. I wasn't there but maybe? she learned her lesson?
Maybe we should stop expecting children to act like adults when it comes to emotions? Kids brains are wired very differently you can't expect them to respond like adults when afraid.

YoursTrue

I understand. I wasn't there but maybe? she learned her lesson?
P.S. @Ray Warren. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do but...again...the police have a rough job. I believe there was a time when police did not carry guns. Times have changed, haven't they.

YoursTrue

Maybe we should stop expecting children to act like adults when it comes to emotions? Kids brains are wired very differently you can't expect them to respond like adults when afraid.
Hmm adults run away, too. I know of someone who ran away from police. Why, you wonder. And as he jumped from roof to roof in a city, he fell to the ground and died.

VoidCat

P.S. @Ray Warren. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do but...again...the police have a rough job. I believe there was a time when police did not carry guns. Times have changed, haven't they.
Times have changed indeed and the thing is crime is at an all time low here in the US...But police brutality is up.

VoidCat

Hmm adults run away, too. I know of someone who ran away from police. Why, you wonder. And as he jumped from roof to roof in a city, he fell to the ground and died.
Yes they do. So how can you expect a child to not fight back when grown adults are handcuffing her? I think the mom may be in the wrong at some of this as well. Perhaps she could've explained the situation before it happened or drive her to an ER herself?

YoursTrue

Times have changed indeed and the thing is crime is at an all time low here in the US...But police brutality is up.
It's just amazing what the police go through. I'm sure their nerves can be on edge. And to THINK of all the uninsured drivers ..etc and etc. Children killing other children is often in the news.

YoursTrue

Yes they do. So how can you expect a child to not fight back when grown adults are handcuffing her? I think the mom may be in the wrong at some of this as well. Perhaps she could've explained the situation before it happened or drive her to an ER herself?
Maybe? I don't know. I'll tell you something. I went to juvenile court with a kid I was trying to help. Have you ever been to juvenile court? And I'm not holding up for the one who pepper sprayed this child. But I am saying that the kids in trouble had no parental guidance. Sad very sad. Often many of the moms were single and worked so hard, no time to teach the kids anything. P.S. I think we've covered it as well as possible. We'll both try to stay out of trouble and not mess with the authorities.

VoidCat

Maybe? I don't know. I'll tell you something. I went to juvenile court with a kid I was trying to help. Have you ever been to juvenile court? And I'm not holding up for the one who pepper sprayed this child. But I am saying that the kids in trouble had no parental guidance. Sad very sad. Often many of the moms were single and worked so hard, no time to teach the kids anything.
Maybe that in part has to do with how we discipline kids...focusing too much on punishing children and making them into little adults rather than using mostly positive reinforcement and accepting that their kids your job isnt to discipline your kid its to prepare them to be adults and teach them.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Maybe that in part has to do with how we discipline kids...focus too much on punishing children and making them into little adults rather than using mostly positive reinforcement and accepting that their kids your job isnt to discipline your kid its to prepare them to be adults and teach them.
The world is mixed up. So I'm glad I know what I know now. My parents weren't outlaws or something like that, but they did not teach me to obey and worship God. They sent me for religious instruction and I thought it was a bunch of...hooey. anyway, I got in trouble and later, after many years when I couldn't find a way out, I finally prayed. And I got the knowledge I needed.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They need guidance. They need training.

All humans can be taught....one of the best qualities for a child to learn to develop, is self-control.

But that’s a quality many adults don’t even display.

Unfortunately, parents sure can teach them to hate. And to despise authority. Usually to their own detriment.

YoursTrue

Maybe that in part has to do with how we discipline kids...focusing too much on punishing children and making them into little adults rather than using mostly positive reinforcement and accepting that their kids your job isnt to discipline your kid its to prepare them to be adults and teach them.
I have no doubt that children need to play. They also need to learn to respect authority. When they don't, it can be troublesome. I am speaking in general, I don't know all the circumstances with this troubled child. When rebellious children see rebellious adults they are attached to, it is, as said, problematic. Society in general certainly does not teach respect for authority.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
its pretty sickening to be blaming the child for this Policeman's behaviour