• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is sickening

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Authority has to be questioned.
Yeah, that is why we have courts and convictions. Today, a former senior judge has not been excused of being indecent with his junior colleague. There are safe-guards against unlawful action, our Courts are quite strict about it. They sent a famous Punjab Director General of Police to jail for being indecent with a female officer. I supposed you have such judicial system in US also. (note: these are two different cases). You can see the info here (This is about Punjab, but it happens in other places as well): https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hUKEwjUuvnbjYrvAhXJZSsKHUr1CkQQ4dUDCAY&uact=5

KPS Gill, Director General, Punjab Police and the Administrative Officer, Rupan Deol Bajaj, with whom he misbehaved with (Gill put down Sikh insurgency in Punjab):

IndiaTv8bbcd8_rupan_deol_kps_gill_2005080.jpg
41TNNWxVWbL.jpg

Kanwar Pal Singh Gill - Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanwar_Pal_Singh_Gill#Controversies

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Now, for example, when a child takes a gun and wants to kill others, I guess it's ok by some to just let them do it because they shouldn't be apprehended by forcible means? (I guess it is ok with some...) What a miserable world we live in.
Nobody here said anything even remotely like that. Why would you?
But, of course, if a parent beats a child as "disciple," that's ok, right? Just wondering...your viewpoint.
Nobody here (so far) said anything like that, either. It is never right for a parent to beat a child. Discipline is not a matter for corporal punishment, nor is corporal punishment nearly as effective as more reasonable discipline, meeted out with love.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People are generally afraid of that which might hurt them. No?
Not only what might hurt them. They're often afraid of anything novel, unfamiliar, or 'unpredictable'.
Scared people are infantalized, and seek a strong-father figure to protect and guide them. They're easy marks for a despot, and its to focus their fear onto some racial or religious scapegoat.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The officer made a very interesting comment as to why certain communities just don't get the same commodities as others. Now, for example, when a child takes a gun and wants to kill others, I guess it's ok by some to just let them do it because they shouldn't be apprehended by forcible means? (I guess it is ok with some...) What a miserable world we live in. But, of course, if a parent beats a child as "disciple," that's ok, right? Just wondering...your viewpoint.
We learn by example and experience. Then we note our mistakes and develop ways of approach
as to how to go about things properly.

That's the difference between professional and amateur interaction and execution of situations.

lostwanderingsoul

I agree.
(You & I may not agree on much, but we certainly agree on that.)
It probably stems from no guidance or structure at home.
It seems many people don’t look at it from that perspective anymore.
Respect for, and obeying authority is frowned on. A Sign of the Times, IMO. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Take care, my cousin.
Hi Cowboy. I think we probably agree on a lot. Sometimes we just don't agree on the exact words to describe what we believe. Best to you too.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
not as much as people who have no respect for the law.
\
How is pepper spraying a crying 9 yr old girl showing respect for the law? Or does the need for respect only apply to black children and not Police officers??

Heyo

Veteran Member
not as much as people who have no respect for the law.
We agree on that one.
But that isn't the case here (except that the cops probably broke several laws).
The girl was right in questioning the authority of the cops to apprehend her without any guardian present. (Not a lawyer, just my opinion.)

lostwanderingsoul

We agree on that one.
But that isn't the case here (except that the cops probably broke several laws).
The girl was right in questioning the authority of the cops to apprehend her without any guardian present. (Not a lawyer, just my opinion.)
Oh, I forgot. Children are allowed to do anything they want and can't be stopped if a parent is not around. Why did that slip my mind?

lostwanderingsoul

I respect principle. Principle trumps law.
If laws that are reasonable, utilitarian and moral, fine, I reject those that are not.
I'm sure a lot of criminals are in prison for breaking principals
If laws that are reasonable, utilitarian and moral, fine, I reject those that are not.
I'm sure a lot of criminals are in prison for breaking principles.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Maybe even some pepper spray.

Without a backstory, it's similar to saying why doesn't a child respect his authority when being raped by his mother.

If authority can't be held by its own standards, then it's just a badge title, nothing more. When my brother almost got me arrested as an adult (fifteen years ago, I think so far) the police officers came into the store where we were, handcuffed me, pulled me with my brother into a back room, and was hounding me with questions.

No where was I thinking, "they're authority-their not my parents-I'll do what I want." That shock of being handcuffed, drilled, and so for is scary as hell and I was an adult.

I can't imagine a 9 year old child. I had PTSD symptoms over the incident above for a good half a year and still remember it by heart till this day, court day, and all. But a child!

Where is the line drawn when you can't question your authorities (in the States)?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do police in the US do any training at all these days?

It's mindless blanket procedure. Like programming a robot without having discretion and ignoring the human element of discernment.

A great example here of what the police have become and are now...

Police bodyslams an 87 year old woman with alzheimer's. .....

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x465402

Just following proper police procedures. No empathy or thinking required.

Youtube has intentionally removed the share button so it must be watched from the site itself.

People following instructions mindlessly are a problem.

It's why I think police departments purposly hire psychopathic individuals. They have no empathy nor care about emotion.

I think the reason is that in order to fight a psychopath, it will take a psychopath.

Last edited: