• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is sad

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sometimes I see RF as a snippet of the real world. This vaccine argument has ran both provaxxers and antivaxxers mad. I'm indifferent to the whole vax argument because I have no personal stake in it either way. But, it does make me pause and it makes me wonder a bit what has the world (and I do mean world) turn to. I look out my window and see a few cars between a bush full of trees. When I go out, I'm around not near people as most. Then I sit at my computer, and do work thinking-jeelaweez. People just can't 'think.'

Anyway. Reading all this RF I saw no antivaxxer (if one likes) at all putting people down, ignoring people, gaslighting people, and discrediting the other person's views. Do thousands of people need to die for the world to be so mean? I heard it said on t.v. no less that this covid thing is joining people together to work as a unit; step towards world peace. I honestly don't see that. Nice thought, but I don't.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes I see RF as a snippet of the real world. This vaccine argument has ran both provaxxers and antivaxxers mad. I'm indifferent to the whole vax argument because I have no personal stake in it either way. But, it does make me pause and it makes me wonder a bit what has the world (and I do mean world) turn to. I look out my window and see a few cars between a bush full of trees. When I go out, I'm around not near people as most. Then I sit at my computer, and do work thinking-jeelaweez. People just can't 'think.'

Anyway. Reading all this RF I saw no antivaxxer (if one likes) at all putting people down, ignoring people, gaslighting people, and discrediting the other person's views. Do thousands of people need to die for the world to be so mean? I heard it said on t.v. no less that this covid thing is joining people together to work as a unit; step towards world peace. I honestly don't see that. Nice thought, but I don't.

A friend mentioned the other day that he feels people have been more hostile since things have 'opened up' again. I reflected on this with my counsellor, and she said she's seen similar herself. We bounced around some ideas for awhile, and one thing I came up with is many people increased their online communication during this time, and are now using their 'social media' speak out and about(which usually tends to be more reactive and judgmental).

We haven't had any restrictions in place for a long time in Iowa. Hell, we have mandates against mask mandates. I've been as free as a bird for months now. But I honestly feel no compulsion to 'mingle' at this point, and its from more than just Covid worries.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A friend mentioned the other day that he feels people have been more hostile since things have 'opened up' again. I reflected on this with my counsellor, and she said she's seen similar herself. We bounced around some ideas for awhile, and one thing I came up with is many people increased their online communication during this time, and are now using their 'social media' speak out and about(which usually tends to be more reactive and judgmental).

We haven't had any restrictions in place for a long time in Iowa. Hell, we have mandates against mask mandates. I've been as free as a bird for months now. But I honestly feel no compulsion to 'mingle' at this point, and its from more than just Covid worries.

Thank you for replying. Right now stores started to post signs that say if you're vaccinated, you don't need to wear a mask (a very happy sign at that). In smaller letters, if you aren't, you must wear a mask. I don't think it's a mandate since some stores still require masks, my building as well.

I haven't gone out of town over two and a half years since I finished school. So, a lot of this is pretty much from a distance. But I actually haven't experienced what you guys spoke of. I only had one person question me about mask wearing, but since I also work here I can't ask and talk about it in relation to a person's choice and health.

I think once businesses lift the masks (which it seems soon), people wouldn't think about it-not so much cause it's over but they are "glad" they are the ones that got vaccinated (I'm guessing, but I bet that's the gist).

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I'm indifferent to the whole vax argument because I have no personal stake in it either way.
Yeah, you do. The more unvaccinated people there are, the more likely the virus will continue to evolve into more dangerous variants, even to the point where current immunity (either from current vaccines or having had the virus) becomes obsolete.

It's vital that we not let that happen.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yeah, you do. The more unvaccinated people there are, the more likely the virus will continue to evolve into more dangerous variants, even to the point where current immunity (either from current vaccines or having had the virus) becomes obsolete.

It's vital that we not let that happen.

'This' is my point exactly.

Where has the world gone to where we can't even respect people's words and believe they know what's best for themselves "and" others?

InChrist

Free4ever

I think it is a sad and like you, I do not see unity, but more division. I think the problem is that so many progressive liberals have a hostile superiority collectivism complex; meaning they know what is best for everyone and everyone must be forced to comply and there’s plenty of anger when anyone had a different perspective. So many have been inundated with fear that they have bought completely into the covid cult mentality.There’s no allowance for individual personal health liberty or choice when it comes to this vaccine or really anything related to covid. The loud cry over abortion is, “ My body, my choice”, but no such consistency about injecting a vaccine into one’s body.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
my sister had a doctor friend that was an anti vaxxer, he recently died of covid, if he had been vaccinated he would have lived.

I put this in journal cause I didn't want a debate and just share my feelings of how people are so nasty against people who do not vaccinate. There are people who don't vaccinate (they just go on their business), antivaxxers (against/anti vaccination/political I guess), and people who got the vaccine (who go on their business), and provaxxers (who shove against people who don't vaccinate).

I personally can care less about whether people vaccinate or not, but do care of how all this is dividing people and your comment has proven my point.

Why do thousands of people dying have to make people so mean to each other.

InChrist

Free4ever
my sister had a doctor friend that was an anti vaxxer, he recently died of covid, if he had been vaccinated he would have lived.
I would say that is an assumption. You do not know he definitely would have lived. Approximately 5000 have died from the vaccine. The vaccine is supposed to lessen symptoms of the disease, but does not always prevent severe symptoms or death in everyone.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think it is a sad and like you, I do not see unity, but more division. I think the problem is that so many progressive liberals have a hostile superiority collectivism complex; meaning they know what is best for everyone and everyone must be forced to comply and there’s plenty of anger when anyone had a different perspective. So many have been inundated with fear that they have bought completely into the covid cult mentality.There’s no allowance for individual personal health liberty or choice when it comes to this vaccine or really anything related to covid. The loud cry over abortion is, “ My body, my choice”, but no such consistency about injecting a vaccine into one’s body.

Wow. I totally agree. I never thought about the abortion thing-that is true. Kind of like watching a building go down in flames.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Honestly, I think if it wasn't vaccines, it would be something else. We just seem to live in a very polarized society.

Masks was a big thing for awhile. Vaccination debate probably last longer but I hope after awhile people just do their own thing and not judge people hundreds of miles away.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So this is an antivaxx thread and pro vaxx people aren't welcome, sorry, my bad

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So this is an antivaxx thread and pro vaxx people aren't welcome, sorry, my bad

Read the OP and look at the category. It's not an anti/pro anything.

The OP: It's saying the negativity of provaxxers is sad; and, it is dividing everyone up.

If you want to continue to talk against people who don't take the vaccine there are threads that belittle people just on that topic alone.

But this OP is not the case in context, content, category, and clarification.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Masks was a big thing for awhile. Vaccination debate probably last longer but I hope after awhile people just do their own thing and not judge people hundreds of miles away.
People are doing their own thing where I am, for the most part. We have no more Covid mandates in Ohio or on the local level in Columbus. I'm not seeing much conflict over it. People are just making their own decisions, and our Covid rates are going down. The vaccine is readily available to most people where I am, so people can make their own decisions about it here - wear a mask or not, get the vaccine or not.

That's what I've observed, anyway.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This perfectly illustrates the problem.

Millions of people dead is a "covid cult mentality".

Loving one's neighbor as oneself is a "progressive liberal superiority collectivism complex".

Believing in science is "knowing what is best for everyone". You darn tooting. I believe that science is a gift from God and to ignore the findings of science is turning one's back on a divine gift.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This perfectly illustrates the problem.

Millions of people dead is a "covid cult mentality".

Loving one's neighbor as oneself is a "progressive liberal superiority collectivism complex".

Believing in science is "knowing what is best for everyone". You darn tooting. I believe that science is a gift from God and to ignore the findings of science is turning one's back on a divine gift.

It's a cult mentality but not sure how science relates to negativity dividing the world.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
People are doing their own thing where I am, for the most part. We have no more Covid mandates in Ohio or on the local level in Columbus. I'm not seeing much conflict over it. People are just making their own decisions, and our Covid rates are going down. The vaccine is readily available to most people where I am, so people can make their own decisions about it here - wear a mask or not, get the vaccine or not.

That's what I've observed, anyway.

Yeah. Here. Signs say: "Vaccinated? You don't have to wear a mask :) unvaccinated. Mask required."

They talked about it but not all businesses have the sign so a few are sticking with the mask requirement. I don't know about Ohio, but my family in LA has a small population so don't know if people really paid it no mind.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah. Here. Signs say: "Vaccinated? You don't have to wear a mask :) unvaccinated. Mask required."

They talked about it but not all businesses have the sign so a few are sticking with the mask requirement. I don't know about Ohio, but my family in LA has a small population so don't know if people really paid it no mind.
It's up to the business here, as there's so legal mandates anymore. People aren't checking to see if you're vaccinated here, if they don't want to. So it's pretty much up to you if you want to wear a mask or not.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

It's up to the business here, as there's so legal mandates anymore. People aren't checking to see if you're vaccinated here, if they don't want to. So it's pretty much up to you if you want to wear a mask or not.

Even without a mandate, would you or would you not wear a mask around multiple other people who included some elderly and potentially very vulnerable ones who could get severely sick or die from the virus if they caught it?

I don't think anyone should be mandated to wear a mask when they're far away from other people outdoors; my question is about indoor spaces and settings where people could get very close to each other, such as crowded public transportation. I'm interested to know what you would do in such a situation.