• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Russian Intervention.

esmith

Veteran Member
If we can effectively kill the national pride and patriotism of just one generation, we will have won that country. Therefore, there must be continued propaganda abroad to undermine the loyalty of citizens in general, and teenagers in particular. By making drugs of various kinds readily available, by creating the necessary attitude of chaos, idleness and worthlessness, and by preparing him psychologically and politically, we can succeed.

Vladimir Lenin
If we can effectively kill the national pride and patriotism... at QuoteTab

Jumi

Stalin replaced Lenin's internationalism with Russian-centric nationalism. Of course within the SU, Russians were seen as the big brothers of the other nationalities and they wanted everyone to speak Russian.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Ah, yes. Lenin said it, so it's an ironclad standard we can hold all communists too.
Excellent.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
If we can effectively kill the national pride and patriotism of just one generation, we will have won that country. Therefore, there must be continued propaganda abroad to undermine the loyalty of citizens in general, and teenagers in particular. By making drugs of various kinds readily available, by creating the necessary attitude of chaos, idleness and worthlessness, and by preparing him psychologically and politically, we can succeed.

Vladimir Lenin
There is a lot to unpack here. I want to take some time to think about it before I offer an opinion. But I appreciate you sharing it, I we can spend a good deal of time discussing it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Vladimir Lenin

What exactly are they succeeding in? What was Lenin's goal?

Taking over other countries? Seems you'd end up with a bunch of hippies unwilling to accept any government.

Maybe the idea was once the country was demoralized to come in and take it over by force. Was Lenin that much of a war monger?

Vladimir Lenin

Fake quote I assume.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Stalin replaced Lenin's internationalism with Russian-centric nationalism. Of course within the SU, Russians were seen as the big brothers of the other nationalities and they wanted everyone to speak Russian.

Lenin regretted the appointment of Stalin.

Lenin began to regret that appointment. In a letter to Russia’s congress, penned in December 1922 and January 1923 but not read until after his death, he described Stalin as “too rude.” “This failing … becomes intolerable in the office of general secretary,” he wrote, adding that Stalin should be replaced with someone “more patient, more loyal, more respectful and more attentive to his comrades, less capricious and so on.” In a separate letter, Lenin accused Stalin of having “the gall to call my wife to the telephone and abuse her.”
https://www.history.com/news/9-things-you-may-not-know-about-vladimir-lenin

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Vladimir Lenin

It doesn't appear that they did a very good job in that respect. National pride and patriotism intensified in many nations following Lenin's death.

Although, there was strong opposition to nationalism, since national pride was seen as a major factor leading up to WW1. Those who opposed national pride and patriotism thought they were doing so for beneficial reasons; they were not being intentionally nefarious.

However, later on, the Soviets supported various national liberation movements against Western imperialism, although this appeared to be a contradiction to their earlier anti-nationalist/internationalist positions they took. This is what may have brought the international Left to a point of cross-purposes and contradiction.

Jumi

Probably because no one actually ever said it ;)
It doesn't sound like a translation from Russian, at least. Put that in google and you seem to find that it's a Lavrentiy Beriya quote... or actually something L. Ron Hubbard of scientology fame put up as something Beriya had said. Seems to be confirmed as made up.

tytlyf

Not Religious
We can always rely on RW radicals to provide fake news and fake quotes.

"If we can effectively kill the national pride and patriotism of just one generation, we will have won that country. Therefore we must continue propaganda abroad to undermine the loyalty of citizens in general and of teen-agers in particular."

Like the psychopolitics quote, the Beria statement about teen-agers was popular among ultra-rightists in the 1960s but just as phony. There is no record of any speech made by Beria in which either statement appears.

https://domashka.englisher.com.ua/m/archive/79/They_Never_Said_It_A_Book_of_Fake_Quotes.pdf

esmith

Veteran Member
We can always rely on RW radicals to provide fake news and fake quotes.

"If we can effectively kill the national pride and patriotism of just one generation, we will have won that country. Therefore we must continue propaganda abroad to undermine the loyalty of citizens in general and of teen-agers in particular."

Like the psychopolitics quote, the Beria statement about teen-agers was popular among ultra-rightists in the 1960s but just as phony. There is no record of any speech made by Beria in which either statement appears.

https://domashka.englisher.com.ua/m/archive/79/They_Never_Said_It_A_Book_of_Fake_Quotes.pdf
You do realize don't you that the "quote" in this thread is accredited to Lenin not Beria.
You do realize that even if Lenin did not write or speak this quote it doesn't matter. What matters is this would be the way to "win a country"
You do realize that the title of this post is directed at Russia not Soviet Russia (1917 -1922) nor the USSR(1922-1991).

But I guess you just like to do your own thing without understanding the concept put forth in the "quote".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When Trump said that the media is "the enemy of the people", that's actually a translated quote of what Stalin said.

The one thing that almost all tyrants do is to attack, stifle, suppress, or even try to take over the free press.

esmith

Veteran Member
When Trump said that the media is "the enemy of the people", that's actually a translated quote of what Stalin said.

The one thing that almost all tyrants do is to attack, stifle, suppress, or even try to take over the free press.
I think you might be misquoting or leaving out germane statements. Is it possible he predicates "the enemy of the people" with fake, or reference to misleading news reports. However, I might be wrong since I do not do twitter and I ignore(fast forward if recorded) his speeches and comments on TV

In other words I pay little or no attention to what someone one says, but what they do.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think you might be misquoting or leaving out germane statements. Is it possible he predicates "the enemy of the people" with fake, or reference to misleading news reports.
Stalin nationalized the press entirely with the exception of the underground press, and he wasn't the first to do it nor the last.

We should very much appreciate a free press as it is a base for democracy.

esmith

Veteran Member
Stalin nationalized the press entirely with the exception of the underground press, and he wasn't the first to do it nor the last.

We should very much appreciate a free press as it is a base for democracy.
i agree, but should not the "news" press be truthful and un-biased. Not talking about the opinion press, which on some news programs, not opinion programs, you can't seem to differentiate between news and opinion.