• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Pure Anthropology

Ellen Brown

They put this story out like the premise is a new idea. We'll either revert back to older ideas of the woman being this helpless thing that is dependent on the mercy of men, OR perhaps there will be something new like women assuming a role that is equal to men? Presently that can't happen because men are conditioned to believe that they are superior to women. I wonder where this will go?

Study cites this reason for declining marriage rate - CNN Video

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They put this story out like the premise is a new idea. We'll either revert back to older ideas of the woman being this helpless thing that is dependent on the mercy of men, OR perhaps there will be something new like women assuming a role that is equal to men? Presently that can't happen because men are conditioned to believe that they are superior to women. I wonder where this will go?

We probably won't have marriages or families in the future. We'll have unimatrices.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
That may be half the story. The other half is that (I am told) many men today are not sufficiently supportive of their partner's career, can't cook, can't clean, think that penetration sex is all there is and don't know how to nurture emotionally.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

In Islam, dowry should be given to the wife
Money is necessary for the survival of the marriage

This is normal
Women provide emotional services to men
While the man must contribute materially because it is the best tool for the motor work with emotional services too

In every rule an anomaly
We find a working woman and a man at home and so on
But the natural man is the one who has to give alimony

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

It is best to go back to what we know in anthropology of Neolithic and Paleolithic cultures concerning the role of women and men in societies. There exists today a few very primitive paleolithic, and a number of Neolithic cultures, and archaeological evidence that shows the role of women in these societies. All the evidence indicates a cooperative division of labor, and cooperative involvement in some activities. Attempts at describing an equality in the roles do not actually work in ancient cultures, but there is abundant evidence of a cooperative equality of the values of men and women in these cultures. Another issue is there is no evidence that slavery existed in these primitive cultures. Native American and some African primitive cultures are good examples.

Women were dominantly nurturers, gathers, and often in control of home and village. There is evidence they provided long term care of the wounded sick, and elderly. Men were hunters and warriors. There is also evidence of some cross over and cooperative efforts in these roles. Variations of family units and hierarchy of authority existed more in a cooperative roles, and not male dominance in ancient cultures. Our early evolution of language reflects a female vocabulary and male vocabulary.

Male domination of society, women, and slavery develops in the in the Bronze and Iron ages of human cultural evolution.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just want everyone to know that the OP won't be returning any time soon.