• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is probably not what ISKCON had in mind ....

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Namaste,

today I listened to the "sermon" of the Bhakti Marga Sunday Prayers. They also base their "sermons" on a verse from Srimad Bhagavatam, but Swami Vishwananda's book on the subject is not very profound in content, to say it politely, so I was wondering which translation of the Srimad Bhagavatam they use then. A German speaking Sri Vaishnava indicated to me that they would use Prabhupada's translation, but only since today do I know for sure. The speaker said:

"Durvāsā Muni said: My dear King, today I have experienced the greatness of devotees of the Supreme P...,[correcting herself] - the Supreme Lord."

This is probably not what ISKCON had in mind when they made Prabhupada's commentary on the Srimad Bhagavatam available online. :oops: Yet, the Srimad Bhagavatam being read in a circle of devotees always seems to be a good thing. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, fake gurus and swamis like to get worshiped (especially by female followers). That is better for advertising.