• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is precious!

dfnj

One woman’s answer to homophobic neighbor: 10,000 rainbow Christmas lights
One woman strings up rainbow Christmas lights or some sort of rainbow lights to protest bigotry against LGBTQI+ people, and I think this is awesome. If bigots have the alleged right to say whatever, so do LGBTQI+ people, and their heteronormative allies.

My neighbor across the street was a staunch right winger who think's his opinions are "facts" and everything he thinks is "right". He had really strong opinions on homosexuals until one of his daughters announced she was lesbian. Now he's all liberal left wing on this one issue. People are amazing!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
My neighbor across the street was a staunch right winger who think's his opinions are "facts" and everything he thinks is "right". He had really strong opinions on homosexuals until one of his daughters announced she was lesbian. Now he's all liberal left wing on this one issue. People are amazing!

It's easy to sit back and judge when those people have no skin in the game.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Good for him. A lot of youth just get kicked out, abandoned to the streets.

Katja

It's easy to sit back and judge when those people have no skin in the game.
Yes, I made that point to my mom once. Plenty of people are pro-{insert Thing here} when they or someone they care about are {that Thing}. I always told her it's more telling of someone's character if they're into {insert Thing} rights even if they don't actually have a horse in that race...

wellwisher

One of the problems is the dual standard. One argument to support the LGBTQI+ people is such people cannot help feel what they are, and are being true to themselves. Yet, anyone who feels differently and may be true to themselves is censored, if they do not go along.

Heterosexuals are not allowed to feel different. It is possible some people cannot help but disagree with people who constantly define themselves in the shallows of sexual identity. These people have a right to express that. Why censor half of the equation? Shallow can be annoying and too much work.

I remember not too long ago it was gay eights. Then they added the lesbians, and then the Bi's. Soon thereafter they added T, then Q, now it is I and now even+. It is spreading like a social disease.

This spreading like a disease tells me it is really a social construct stemming from a meme virus. It remains me of a fad that is taken too seriously and constantly extrapolated to keep it alive and fresh.. It is healthy to push back. It is called tough love.

This meme virus was brought to you by the same fake news machine that brought you the Russian collusion delusion and many other delusions. It is designed to create conflict via an annoying obsession that is not as real as your think.